Some network admins are all software guys and hate the thought of actually working on Hardware or getting into hardware function. They think its beneath them. So im not surprised.
    Yep, I refer to them as the "point-and-drool" ITers.
    11-15-12 12:21 PM
    ... so I'm turning "off" everything, when not in use,.... considering the number of people using electronic devices, it will have a great impact...
    You are saving the planet dude. From now on you will be Super Dude.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-15-12 12:23 PM
    I pretty much turn mine off nightly too..or, if I am not going to be using it for a very long period of time
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 12:45 PM
    Mine is always on. I bring it with me to work (I have a stand for it), and use it at home too. At night, I put it on my dock charger and use a Clock app as my alarm (my BB phone is my backup alarm, because sometimes I forget that I turned the volume down on my PB, making that alarm ineffective). Whenever I need to use my PB, it's always ready.

My son turns his off when not in use, because it's generally only the evenings when he can use it (can't bring it to school).
    11-15-12 01:00 PM
    Wait...

You can turn it off???

I constantly use my throughout the day. It sits in its docking cradle on my desk, so I rarely ever need to charge it outside of being at my desk. It does get turned off occasionally, like when getting on an airplane.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 01:26 PM
    Never turn PB off. I fall asleep listening to nature sounds,very nice app on pb. Wake up to email alerts when my bb turns on.
    11-15-12 01:42 PM
    I leave mine on for the most part. Every couple of days I do a hard reset.

Sent from my VZW 9930.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 02:10 PM
    Oh that's what that button is for. My PlayBook does everything all day and at night it becomes an alarm clock. So no I never shut it off.
    11-15-12 02:29 PM
    thanks peter, I guessed it may have been wrong. it just felt right
    11-15-12 03:45 PM
    I have never turned off my PB or any other tablet for that matter....
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 03:49 PM
    I never switch mine off, like others the occasional re-boot...... often thought myself if you should switch it off lol, then again my blackberry fone is never switched off either
    11-15-12 03:49 PM
    The Germans save on electricity when turning of the PB
    plus our Swiss office turned off their fax machines went they went home at 6 pm, so no more faxed to CH after 12 noon EST
    Delirious D and Norman_C like this.
    11-15-12 04:39 PM
    I rarely turn my PlayBook off..... Most of the time it is on standby & even after a few days (if it lies that long) it still works.

Regards

Neil White

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold 9900 wireless device using Tapatalk
    11-15-12 05:27 PM
    I think I've turned mine off once in the 14 months I've had it. Can't remember why. Mine is on, bridged to my phone, 24/7. It hardly uses any battery while on standby. I don't see the point of turning it off unless it would be for long-term storage.
    Last edited by 2ndHalfCor; 11-16-12 at 09:09 AM.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 05:52 PM
    I only turn it off if I know that I'm not going to use it for a while. That rarely happens.

Tapatalking
    11-15-12 06:47 PM
    I hate the boot times so it's always on standby. I actually never bother turning off WiFi either, after all, how am I to get email notifications if the WiFi is off? (even overnight)
    On average, I charge my Playbook every 2-4 days depending on how much I use it.
    Delirious D likes this.
    11-15-12 06:58 PM
    Never turn it off unless update needs a reboot , usually let battery drain to 30% (Takes a few days ) then on rapid charge overnight
    11-15-12 07:37 PM
    I turn mine off every day. I don't use it as regularly as I do my laptop and 9810. The tablet is good for entertainment and portable web browsing but not for serious work in my field. Also, when I do use standby I turn off the radio, Bluetooth and lower the screen brightness too. Too many horror stories about dead batteries and unbootable PlayBooks over in the RIM support forums.

One thing I'd like the PlayBooks to have is the programmable auto shutdown and auto turn-on feature that the Torch 9810 has. If the PlayBook had this then I would be happy to leave it on all the time. I can't sleep when my Torch is making noise with emails and texts coming through during off hours. The same would be true with the PlayBook.
    11-15-12 10:30 PM
    I turn it off frequently by hitting the wrong icon when I'm trying to go into standby. Clumsy.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-16-12 12:44 AM
    Wait...

You can turn it off???

I constantly use my throughout the day. It sits in its docking cradle on my desk, so I rarely ever need to charge it outside of being at my desk. It does get turned off occasionally, like when getting on an airplane.
    Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-16-12 01:17 AM
    I only turn mine off when the battery is low and I want a quicker charge. (I assume this will be quicker than leaving it on) I am 100% Scottish and like to save money.
    I don't think you get a quicker charge when it is turned off
    11-16-12 01:29 AM
    I turn it off frequently by hitting the wrong icon when I'm trying to go into standby. Clumsy.
    Yeah that happens to me once in awhile
    11-16-12 01:30 AM
    I know I've turned mine off but can't remember when or why. Oh, I couldn't get an app to work but it turned out I needed to update it.
    11-16-12 01:51 AM
    I do a bit of both. If I'm home at night I'll leave Antair nightstand on with the PB in the charging dock. Usually if I'm out I'll turn it off at night.
    11-16-12 02:37 AM
    Never turn PB off. I fall asleep listening to nature sounds,very nice app on pb. Wake up to email alerts when my bb turns on.
    Which app is that? I can't see it in Appworld (can see Relax Book Nature). I'd like an app that has a timer or the like to fall asleep too.
    11-16-12 04:18 AM
76 1234