Just received my new 64gb from SBB with a single annoying white pixel. Is this pixel stuck or dead? Disappointed with the return hassle. Anyone have similar experience? After getting an RMA, do they offer a refund if you want?
    01-22-12 11:05 AM
    Best to call RIM Support and after they talk to you, you can ask about your refund question...
    The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    01-22-12 11:11 AM
    Thanks for the nice welcome, jafobabe. And also for the advice on how to handle my PB pixel issue.
    01-22-12 11:12 AM
    Let us know what they say and if it solves your issue.
    01-22-12 11:14 AM
    Just received my new 64gb from SBB with a single annoying white pixel. Is this pixel stuck or dead? Disappointed with the return hassle. Anyone have similar experience? After getting an RMA, do they offer a refund if you want?
    Its stuck. Try running this a few times. If that doesn't work throw a movie on and let it run for a bit. Should work itself out. If it doesn't return to the retailer you bought it from.

I don't think RIM will accept an RMA for a single stuck pixel; most companies won't.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-22-12 11:16 AM
    Its stuck. Try running this a few times. If that doesn't work throw a movie on and let it run for a bit. Should work itself out. If it doesn't return to the retailer you bought it from.

I don't think RIM will accept an RMA for a single stuck pixel; most companies won't.
    Will try this and see what happens. Thanks.
    01-22-12 11:19 AM

Thanks for the Tip T.roy! I have added that to my notepad for future references when the next person needs help, if you're not around.
    01-22-12 11:41 AM
    There's also Display Test which brings up screens of an entire color and rotates through them and some color bar screens. Tap screen to change colors

Free Display Test - Download Display Test - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    01-22-12 12:07 PM
    It's worth trying the colour-cycling trick above as stuck pixels can very often be persuaded to unstick. I had a stuck red pixel - running display test and general use for a few days and it's no longer there.

Hopefully your pixel will also disappear as I'm not sure you'd get a return based on 1 pixel (unless it's very prominent and distracting). Back in the day, monitors used to be considered "acceptable" if they had as many as 7 dead/stuck pixels, IIRC.

Good Luck!
    01-22-12 01:26 PM
    Had the same problem ... dead pixel. Screen "fixing" apps did not help; I returned it to Office Depot and exhanged it for another. I could have lived with it but wasn't willing to except any bad pixels. I checked the second one out before it left the store. I don't often buy from retail stores but it was an advantage in this situation. They did not have anymore and got one from another store for me. The few interactions I've had with Office Depot regarding the Playbook have been very positive. The manger of their tech. department has owned a Playbook since launch.

Get a refund or exchange if you can. It's up to you but, you paid good money for it.
    Last edited by drumrdfox; 01-22-12 at 01:39 PM.
    01-22-12 01:30 PM
    You can't fix it.

I had a 64 GB with a stuck green one, tried all treatment methods (software and hardware) and nothing worked. Sent it back.

New 64GB has the same issue as you, white or "hot" pixel. It will never go away. Get a new one. I'm thinking about returning this one as well.
    01-22-12 03:47 PM
    Mine has a stuck green pixel but I can pretty much only see it on a black background and with the screen brightness at maximum setting. I've probably always had it but didn't even notice it until recently, 2 months after owning it. RIM tech support declined to fix it, saying a single stuck pixel is too minor of an issue (need 2 or more dead pixels close to each other to fix). Fortunately I can live with it.
    01-25-12 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD