Just noticed the other day that when i shut down my playbook and plug in the charger the back lite comes on and when i unplugs the charger the battery icon thingy shows up.
    The led lights red for 10 sec or so, then green, then slowly fades on and off green.
    I did a few google searches and it seems like everyone else playbook dose the same.
    Any reason behind this?
    also if if the back lite in on while charging, don't that draw power? Be better and faster to charge while the playbook is in standby? (backlite off then)
    11-01-12 03:47 PM
    It will go solid green when fully charged.
    11-01-12 04:25 PM
    I know that.
    what im asking is dose everyone else's playbook when powered down, the backlight will come on when charging, and stay on untill you unplug the charger.
    If So whats is rims reason for this?
    11-01-12 04:33 PM
    to start, yes the screen does indeed become dimly back it, and naturally will draw power to do so. The LED does go from flashing yellow or orange to a solid green when fully charged.

As far a using more power when "off" to charge I don't think so as when it's completely on there will be processes running in the background using computing power and thus, electricity.
    The reason for it all is that the PlayBook actually cannot charge when off so it's not completely off when you think it is charging. Let's just call it "charging mode".

Fun fact as you are new to the forums, when the PlayBook 1st came out, if you turned it off then plugged it in it would completely power on and charge. But if it was on and plugged in charging and you turned it off while leaving it plugged in, it would stop charging all together until you turned it back on or unplugged and plugged it back in again. Soon after launch a software update took care of that.

Cheers
    shadow10z likes this.
    11-01-12 04:38 PM
    thank cleared it up pretty good.
    just one more question.
    when off and i plug in the charger do the screen remain black with a low blacklight on. No words or images.
    then if i unplug it while still shut down a image of a battery icon and a lighting bolt appears for a few seconds then shut off, backlight and all.
    mine slowly fades on/off green untill full charged then soild green. with blacklight still on.
    11-01-12 04:46 PM
    Yes that all is correct. That battery icon when you unplug it in the center of the screen is displayed for I think about 10 seconds which gives you time to plug it back in or turn it on the rest of the way before it completely shuts down again.
    Everything else you stated is normal.
    shadow10z likes this.
    11-01-12 04:58 PM