The Storm ads were run by Verizon (as they wanted the device).

Considering two big sporting events are just about starting (NHL playoffs, NBA Playoffs) those would be two big viewerships to target. RIM did a ton of advertising during the MLB playoffs.

I'm also sure you will see print, internet ads (both cost money). RIM has never really been a TV ad company as their market is different. Apple is purely consumer and needs consumers. RIM needs them too but I think the focus is selling Playbook to corporate customers with large Blackberry deployments.
    good points. are you frank castle from Seeking Alpha comments? I'm RMcC
    04-12-11 08:13 PM
    The most pointless commercial in the world? hahaha...RIM = marketing fail
    Actually, I think that distinction goes to the Motorola Xoom Superbowl commercial. Lot of good that did.
    04-12-11 08:18 PM
    Yes I am. Been on crackberry for years but changed my name to match what I use on other blogs etc.

I enjoy the articles on Alpha but many don't have any technical knowledge so I try and balance the spin.
    04-12-11 09:05 PM
    Yes I am. Been on crackberry for years but changed my name to match what I use on other blogs etc.

I enjoy the articles on Alpha but many don't have any technical knowledge so I try and balance the spin.
    i tend to back you up on there. It's tough being a RIMM fan on those blogs. LOTS of Apple fanboys
    04-12-11 09:53 PM
    ^ They are in the process of making / already completed the TV ads, its just a matter of when they'll be broadcast.

good to hear. sources?
    04-12-11 10:31 PM
    Appreicate it. I don't mind stepping into the fray when misinformation is spread about RIM / Blackberry.
    04-13-11 10:10 AM
    anyone hear the staples at on The Fan 590 sports radio station in Toronto? nice to hear an ad about this wicked device i hold in my hands
    04-21-11 12:24 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD