12-19-13 01:07 AM
341 ... 45678 ...
tools
    New Jersey here hope bb10 comes to the playbook soon.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    ChaoticBlissPA likes this.
    03-15-13 05:40 PM
    Indiana,USA
    Got my 16gb playbook for my birthday(aug 2012) and loved it,now it's mar 2013 and I wanted more storage and found a 64gb Playbook(new) for like $189.00 (USD) on Amazon.Gave the one to my Grandson who loves it and the 64 for me,so now we can multiplay games together,video chat and so much more.Where are us PlayBook owners from?-img_00000115.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Where are us PlayBook owners from?-img_00000022.jpg  
    03-15-13 05:45 PM
    I live in Peace River in northern Alberta (Canada). Have had a Playbook since May 2011, bridged (seldom) to a Storm2--my first BB after years of Palm PDAs and then a Treo. Pre-ordered the Z10 and am really enjoying it. Don't know another Playbook user, so this thread has been fun to read.
    03-15-13 05:57 PM
    New York City.. Playbook owner since 2011..Bold 9930 at present...
    03-15-13 05:58 PM
    Wow! What a lively thread. Brilliant to see how far and wide all your forumites are from

I'm from UK, in a town east of Cambridge. Very rural area is East Anglia but lovely. Less same annual rainfall than Israel so maybe a bit more sun here than the rest of the UK

Got my first Playbook (64Gb) last October (2012) when the price was so low, ie 129. Reason for not getting android was that, as I had recently got Samsung Galaxy S3 in August (my first Smartphone and data allowance), I decided it would be boring to have the same OS. Definitely am anti-Apple for various reasons so Blackberry Playbook fitted the bill nicely.

Now have Playbook networked to PC (thanks to a particular thread here on CB) and so connectivity is brilliant. Now need to workout how to network my S3 to PC in the same way, if it's possible.

I have a Dell BT Travel Mouse, to make life a bit easier when wanting to tap a particular, but small area, like on web pages etc. Also have an HP BT full-sized keyboard for when typing longer emails etc (as I'm a touch typist and not keen on the virtual keyboard)

My Playbook generally goes everywhere with me, in my small'ish handbag and I just love it to bits.
    03-15-13 06:02 PM
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Pearl 3G (9100) owner since 2011, PlayBook owner since 2012... and Z10 owner in the very near future.
    03-15-13 11:13 PM
    Near Philadelphia. I really should make a pilgrimage to waterloo some day once it gets warmer
    03-15-13 11:22 PM
    Wow! What a lively thread. Brilliant to see how far and wide all your forumites are from

I'm from UK, in a town east of Cambridge
    Your too posh for a playbook, away go ipad it LOL
    03-16-13 02:56 AM
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Pearl 3G (9100) owner since 2011, PlayBook owner since 2012... and Z10 owner in the very near future.
    Man after my own heart
    03-16-13 02:57 AM
    Have already put my details in the pot. However am mentioning my brother John, who has a 64gb Playbook. He doesn't read the forums. He lives in Prenton, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK. As mentioned before, I'm in Ardrossan, Scotland, UK. We converse every day by Video Chat. Just love Playbook to bits.

Best non-technical thread ever. Thanks and regards to all.

Ross
    03-16-13 04:15 AM
    south tyrol, italy , pb64gb since dec 2012, needed a tablet for work and choosed the pb because there are too many apples and androids out here...... pb is bridged with my old 8520 and waiting for the q10.......
    03-16-13 04:55 AM
    Your too posh for a playbook, away go ipad it LOL
    Nah, don't consider myself 'posh' - I'm just a country bumpkin out here.
    Lucky we've got internet access ...
    Anyway, I thought I'd qualify 'cos I like Blackberry crumble and custard.
    BTW, I'm very particular about the apples I buy - only like Cox's really
    03-16-13 06:44 AM
    Philippines!
    My BB Playbook is from Canada.
    GV2012 likes this.
    03-16-13 07:38 AM
    from kinmel bay,north wales,uk.bought playbook christmas gone as a christmas and birthday present to myself.cost 150. would have paid more.studied which tablet was best to buy the previous 6 months and playbook won hands down and still does.even bought my daughter one.infact I now also own allthough second hand,a refurbished by myself bold 9000.I love the bridge. app and I love how bb phones work aswell.had never considered bb phones before.when I have the funds I may upgrade the phone,but just now loving my playbook and bb phone.I am one happy bb customer.
    03-16-13 07:56 AM
    south tyrol, italy , pb64gb since dec 2012, needed a tablet for work and choosed the pb because there are too many apples and androids out here...... pb is bridged with my old 8520 and waiting for the q10.......
    Ah, I might have been near you in Jan, cross-country (nordic) skiing in Castelrotto (Kastleruth) and Dobbiaco/Toblach.
    03-16-13 08:45 AM
    Oxford, UK. Bought the 64gb PlayBook from eBay and drove a 300 mile round trip to pick it up because I couldn't wait any longer! Paid 230 in December 2011.

Started my love affair with BlackBerry 2009 (I think) with the 9700. Then reluctantly upgraded to 9800. Just upgraded to Z10 and got another 64gb PlayBook. So passed that on to my sister and also replaced her iPhone with my old 9800. Which she loves to bits!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:05 AM
    I've been a follower of CB forums for 18 months now, but never bothered to register myself so far. Looking at the response on this thread, i was drawn to registering myself and participate!

I am from Bombay, India. Owner since October 2011, just around the time PlayBook was launched in India (Have been using it along with BB 9380, probably one of the most under-rated BB phones).

Went through motions on PB ownership experience but information on CB forum provided helped me get the best out of the PB. I have several apps ported using the goodereader site so no gripes on apps front.

Bought a second PB in Jan 2012 when i thought price was too attractive only to realise i could have waited a bit longer

I've recently bought an iPad mainly on account of my employer pushing us towards BYOD, and unwilling to migrated to BB Fusion. Nor willing to accommodate PB on its existing infrastructure. But I still continue to use PB over iPad for reading, surfing and banking on the web.

Cheers!
    03-16-13 11:10 AM
    Im from Jamaica BB playbook since dec 2012 upgraded to 32g jan 2013 bridged to a bb torch 9810
    03-16-13 11:55 AM
    Nah, don't consider myself 'posh' - I'm just a country bumpkin out here.
    Lucky we've got internet access ...
    Anyway, I thought I'd qualify 'cos I like Blackberry crumble and custard.
    BTW, I'm very particular about the apples I buy - only like Cox's really
    Country Cambridge, oh my... You could buy a ipad for every room with a door!! Some V expensive properties...

Not in to Cox much, prefer a Pink Lady
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    03-16-13 12:04 PM
    New Brunswick, Canada

Bought my first PlayBook in May 2012, then another in June 2012 and yet another in July 2012. One for home, one for work and one for my son
    03-16-13 07:55 PM
    I'm from northern California in the Bay area, east of San Francisco. I bought my first 32gb Playbook in Feb 2012, later bought the 64gb. Thanks
    to Kevin and other Crackberry articles, I bought two Blackberry music gateway units...the list goes on......
    I'll be receiving my unlocked Blackberry Z10 on Monday, Mar 18th. Can't wait!
    03-16-13 08:14 PM
    Have already put my details in the pot. However am mentioning my brother John, who has a 64gb Playbook. He doesn't read the forums. He lives in Prenton, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK. As mentioned before, I'm in Ardrossan, Scotland, UK. We converse every day by Video Chat. Just love Playbook to bits.

Best non-technical thread ever. Thanks and regards to all.

Ross
    I just love that you video chat with youtr brother every day.
    03-16-13 08:15 PM
    Green Bay Wisconsin USA
    I'VE had my Playbook 64 since OS 2 and keep lovin it.
    But Crackberry keeps loading slower and slower, too many ads for those other would be devices? If that's the right term for them.
    03-16-13 08:34 PM
    I've been a follower of CB forums for 18 months now, but never bothered to register myself so far. Looking at the response on this thread, i was drawn to registering myself and participate!

I am from Bombay, India.

Cheers!
    Glad this thread got you to be your maiden post!
    From Southern Ontario to Bombay India, Welcome
    03-16-13 08:45 PM
    I'm from Modesto, California, USA but am currently staying in Phoenix, Arizona . I love my play book I bought it last year at the Sprint store when it finally dropped in price. I started with a BlackBerry 8100 on T-Mobile when it first came out only because I thought it looked cool and professional, but I was later amazed at everything else it did. I soon converted all my friends and family to Blackberry and upgraded to the curve series, then the bold. Since its inception I have logged onto CrackBerry.com learning and reading news. My playbook is the 16 GB type but that's ok as for my phone well there was a day I became sad and disappointed at what was then RIM so I went and upgraded to an iPhone. But guess what I miss blackberry and I have always been a fan, I support them 100 percent and today I preordered my Z10, I cannot wait to continue the Blackberry legacy. I believe now!
    03-16-13 09:09 PM
341 ... 45678 ...