I am from Queens, NYC..bought my 32gb playbook in September 2012. Never owned a blackberry phone, just Android. I absolutely love the playbook and will buy another if a new one comes out.
    SPNKr likes this.
    03-16-13 09:31 PM
    Baton Rouge, LA. First PlayBook was a 32 gb purchased from Amazon, actually above market price (had Amazon credits). Paired initially with a Storm 2 (work issued) and I was really happy with both. So happy in fact I bought another 32gb and a 64 gb PB when the prices dropped . On top of that, when my Storm 2 broke my PB convinced me to stay with BB and I replaced it with a 9850 even though the company started issuing iphones to those who wanted to switch. Hoping they'll get me a Z10 next!
    I should add my score is 3 PlayBooks, negative one ipad3. Got one as a work gift, used it for a month, didn't like it near as much as my PlayBook, gave it to my daughter.
    03-16-13 11:08 PM
    San Francisco, CA. I've been a BB phone owner since 2006, and a PB owner since literally last week. Currently bridged to a 9310 and eventually a Q10!
    03-17-13 01:41 AM
    Mission B.C Canada for me and i only have the playbook its a 16gb and ive had it since easter last year
    03-17-13 02:15 AM
    From Warangal,India.Own 2 64 gb playbooks each bridged separately to my 9900 and 9800 .And now trying out the bridge on my new Z10.Tho I feel the playbook runs smoother with the bridge connections on the older blackberries probabalybecause of BIS
    03-17-13 04:37 AM
    American but currently living on Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Got my first Playbook (16GB) on a trip back "home" to South Florida in late 2011. Liked it so much I returned it and grabbed the 32GB version. Then my wife took a liking to it so I ended up buying the 16GB version again for her to use. Finally, picked up a "spare" 32GB last summer to serve as a backup.

Note: These are my first RIM/BB devices. I've never owned a "smartphone," however, my experience with the PB makes me think I'd be quite happy with a Z10 for my birthday.

BTW, while RIM/BB are very popular on the island (it's considered an "upscale" brand here), the Playbook never made it to this market. So, as far as I know, I'm the only PB owner on Mauritius, which is saying something since the local population is roughly 1.2 million. I definitely get some interesting stares whenever I pull the PB out in a public place.

"It's a Blackberry. It's a tablet. It's a Blackberry tablet. How cool is that!"

RCK
    JJCC30Hwd likes this.
    03-17-13 11:43 AM
    Hello.

I`m from Portugal.
    It was hard to get a Playbook but considered lot and lots of opinions from lots and lots of people, including in this forum.
    For now I`m happy with my new toy - great toy indeed! (1 month only) but expecting news from new apps in the next weeks.
    Greetings from this part of Europe and from the sun we have in this beautiful country...
    03-17-13 11:55 AM
    I'm from Marietta, OH and been a PlayBook owner since launch.
    Web aren't a big place to live, but a historic small city with only around 15,000 people.

I've had 6 BlackBerry phones including the 9930. I have my original PlayBook and since have got 3 more for various members of my family. They are well used and I still love mine and use it every day.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-21-13 at 09:48 AM.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-17-13 12:04 PM
    From downtown Toronto, Canada (hence the name *wink*), have been a Bberry user for five years, first Playbook in 2011, second in 2012. I'm ready to get a Z10 except I understand you can't bridge the Playbook through the Z10 to get internet access on the PB at the cottage in the Kawarthas? I have to have that - that's what I bought the Playbooks for. Bummer.....
    03-17-13 01:09 PM
    I am from Milton Ontario and have a 64 GB and a Torch 9860. Others in family and friends with Playbooks who I have encouraged :
    Son in Mather CA, Brother in Dartmouth Nova Scotia. Friends - Bill in Edmonton Alberta, Bill in Estevan Saskatchewan, Dennis in Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, George in Mesa Arizona, Jack in Tennessee, Yves in Quebec, Pawel in Chatham Ontario, Marie in Seaforth Ontario and John in Milton Ontario. All of these I communicate via Video Chat.
    What a fantastic piece of technology!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-13 01:16 PM
    India, pb 16 gb, 2.1.0.1526 (waiting for bb10)
    03-17-13 01:17 PM
    I'm from Staffordshire, England. I've had my 64Gb PB since December 2012. I spent several weeks looking at all that were available for about �150 which meant it would have to be an android device. Imagine my joy when I went to Currys/PCWorld to buy and saw they had the PB for �130. Had a play, loved the build and specification. I was finally sold on it after a customer said how brilliant they were and he was buying his fourth before they sold out! I queried why he wanted 4 and he said they were spread about his family to keep in touch.
    03-17-13 04:04 PM
    From downtown Toronto, Canada (hence the name *wink*), have been a Bberry user for five years, first Playbook in 2011, second in 2012. I'm ready to get a Z10 except I understand you can't bridge the Playbook through the Z10 to get internet access on the PB at the cottage in the Kawarthas? I have to have that - that's what I bought the Playbooks for. Bummer.....
    Not having a z10, I can only say, I THOUGHT that aspect of Bridge still worked. It is the absence of Bridge email/calendar/memo/tasks. But, again, I THINK, that the internet access via Bridge is still there????????????? ANYONE have full info????
    03-17-13 05:34 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA; Playbook 16GB owner since August 27, 2011. It has been paired with my BlackBerry Storm2 since that time. The BlackBerry Storm2 has been my one and only smartphone (I was using a dumbphone prior to it), but will be replaced Friday with the BlackBerry Z10.

Out in the "real world," I have only ever seen one other Playbook, owned by someone who wasn't there at the time (it was at the person's work station).
    03-17-13 07:10 PM
    Victorville, CA here. 75 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth. And work! PlayBook owner since February 2012. Love it! Bridged to my 9670 Style. Prior to that it was the 8350i, first BlackBerry. Had been a long time admirer and when it was time for a new phone I finally went to the better fruit. Been a devoted follower ever since. And always will be. Have also converted many of my family.
    03-18-13 12:16 AM
    Not having a z10, I can only say, I THOUGHT that aspect of Bridge still worked. It is the absence of Bridge email/calendar/memo/tasks. But, again, I THINK, that the internet access via Bridge is still there????????????? ANYONE have full info????
    I'd LOVE to have this confirmed. If anyone in the Toronto area has a Z10 AND a Playbook, I'll buy you a coffee at your local Timmy's or Starbucks if you'll show me how to get internet access on the PB through the Z10 (I don't have WIFI access at the cottage). All my contacts and calendar sync through my google account so I should be OK as long as I have internet access somehow. I've been due for a phone upgrade for over a year now but won't jump unless I get this supposed problem figured out. On another note, I also don't have time right now to figure out a whole new phone & system so I think I'll wait until the summer when my biz slows down.
    03-18-13 08:29 AM
    Ah, I might have been near you in Jan, cross-country (nordic) skiing in Castelrotto (Kastleruth) and Dobbiaco/Toblach.
    ...yes, very near....25 km
    03-18-13 09:15 AM
    I own three, two 16gbs, and one 64gbs. I'm in south mississippi, USA.
    03-18-13 09:22 AM
    ...yes, very near....25 km
    Beautiful - spectacular. ENCORE!!!! Actually, I've been hiking there twice before, including some Via Ferrata. This was the first time cross-country skiing there. My pb was terrific over there (back on topic, kind of)
    03-18-13 10:59 AM
    Yes it still work surprisingly!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-13 11:34 AM
    I'm from UK, got my Playbook 32GB through Blackberry Port-A-Thons. Had an iPad 2 when it first came out for my birthday. Gave it to my sister after a month as I found out how restrictive it was and that I couldn't do much like view flash content and upload attachments etc. As soon as I got my Playbook never stopped using although I thougth I'd never use a tablet again, as I could do everything on my laptop. But it sure comes handy on the train and using it in Uni to download PDFs and view them.
    03-18-13 11:53 AM
    I'm from Scotland. UK and bought mine new last week. Very pleased with it indeed. Have got original ipad and tablet but the screen and features on this are really excellent.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-18-13 12:44 PM
    From Lagos, Nigeria..Bought the 64gb PB in June 2011 while on a trip to the US...it has been my tag team partner since then and goes everywhere with me.

i think he and i are going to have a very long happy life together
    03-19-13 01:53 AM
    [B]Hey my dear BB followers... I'm Latino from Miami, FL.
    I got my super PlayBook BB May 2011, works great since.
    Got my 1st BB Smartphone on Jul/11, the Storm 2 9550, works so great...
    Now I got the Torch 9860.... kool Device.
    I Love BB Devices, software and services.
    Nice to find some BB pple in SoFL to talk about this Great Devices!!!
    I have an Ultrabook ChromeBook Google Acer C7....so fast, light, gl PC.
    and my Desktop Dell 23" Win PC.///
    I Love all my kool Tech machines... ;o)
    03-19-13 02:26 AM
    From Philadelphia Pa and live in Twin Falls ID now, bought mine in July 2012 and been loving it ever since. Cant wait to get a Z10 to go with it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    03-19-13 08:34 AM
341 ... 56789 ...