Is BB 10 going to enter Dev Beta phase on Playbook?

Why not?

1. They have shown developers and us the stripped down version of BB10, no need to worry about leaks any more. Why not let more people see it and talk about it?
    2. More bugs will be found by PB users than internal tests, it will help improving the quality of BB10 at launch.
    3. People are saying it takes lots of effort to port BB10 to Playbook, that's simply not true. All modern OSs have a thin layer of HAL to deal with HW differences, besides, Playbook hardware is very similiar to BB10 London anyway. I bet their makefile can already support Playbook platform as target now. So the effort should be one man day, or two the most.
    4. The technology advantage of BB10 is overwhelming, it will take one or two years before competitors can pick up peek and flow concept properly (involving significant architectural change in their OSs). there is really no harm to show them the goodies now.
    5. Though BB10 is not going to be there in Holiday season, but BB 10 presence should be there through PB owners. Think about how much advertisement penetration it will achieve when PB users pull out their BB10 enabled playbook in family events and showing off peek and flow features.
    6. And putting BB10 in the hands of 1-2M PB users early will become one of the "10K reasons to believe in BB10" for PB early or late adopters.

Any more reasons?
    10-03-12 08:20 AM
    This isn't really a question that needs asking, as it's already been answered.

There will be another beta, for BB10, for PlayBook.

It's likely it won't happen until after BB10 launch on the phones, however. My guess is if you like having PlayBook betas, you're in for a bit of a wait till the next one.
    10-03-12 08:23 AM
    Lmao Bla1ze going on a rampage looool
    10-03-12 08:27 AM
    I'm not holding my breath for any new Beta...if apps work on the Dev Alpha, they will work on the PlayBook.
    10-03-12 08:35 AM
    My point is, why not now?

Other than the fact that they haven't planned it, there is no real reason not to do it. The effort level is low, the benefits are obvious as stated in post #1. I am in R&D management myself and I know plans are never perfect, it needs tweaking constantly, I am just suggesting this might be a good tweak for RIM to consider.
    10-03-12 08:36 AM
    Sorry Bla1ze, but I am not joking here. This is a legit question for RIM to consider. Didn't mean to push in any way.
    10-03-12 08:39 AM
    Huh? I never said anything about this thread, lol. I agree it is a legit question.

Did I shut down a previous post? If so, it was a mistake.
    10-03-12 08:52 AM
    I would like to see it also, BUT I think I know why we won't. They don't want to take away any resources at all from the push to get BB10 out the door, plus they just want to have to provide any support to BB10 preview on Playbook which would also consume resources. YES it would be stated it's a developer preview, but everyone knows more than that would download it, and problems WOULD happen and RIM would be forced to field support calls/emails etc.
    10-03-12 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD