I have the PlayBook since January and initially thought it was good. But I'm bored with it now as nothing works. No firefox no chrome no Netflix no Skype no useful apps at all. Time to give up on blackberry, useless
    04-26-13 07:12 PM
    I'm tired with all these threads.
    I've already given you an answer my friends.
    IT IS COMING SOON
    I tried to tell 'em that, but you know how it goes. We still meeting up for beers later?
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-26-13 07:25 PM
    I have the PlayBook since January and initially thought it was good. But I'm bored with it now as nothing works. No firefox no chrome no Netflix no Skype no useful apps at all. Time to give up on blackberry, useless
    Wow, that's too bad... I use mine daily. My browser works great. I can stream hd video on-the-go through the bridged connection to my LTE Z10. I video chat with family and friends. I even have a boat-load of well developed games that I can play if I have down time
    FF22 and podes2204 like this.
    04-26-13 07:28 PM
    I've been waiting since launch day almost two years ago. This whole experience has been "Some day...." for way too long. I've been a happy PB owner this whole time, going with the "some day it will..." mentality. Kind of tired of it frankly.
    Me too. Bbry needs revenue. There is zero revenue for bbry in putting bb10 on Playbook. Very, very low priority for them. So, later rather than sooner, if ever.
    04-26-13 10:28 PM
    BlackBerry is still a business oriented organisation. And any business oriented organisation will only release a product if there is a high possibility, based on their calculated theory, that it will give them profit.

BlackBerry's theory in PlayBook didn't materialise. And they probably don't want to repeat the same mistakes. "Promised" or "not promised", they will release BB10 to PlayBook if they see "opportunity" in the future. And that's why we, the PlayBook users, left in darkness. Because until now, even Mr. Thor himself is still not convince, that it is business-wise decision to allocate company's resources to something not profitable, like completing BB10 for PlayBook, instead of focusing their "resources" to more feasible products like Z10 and Q10 (which obviously need to be improved), it will be uncertained future for our PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    04-26-13 11:12 PM
    I think it is a smart business move to have BB10 on PlayBook (and it will be on PlayBook). One thing is that BB promised that it will be on the PlayBook and when a business promises something and then changes it's mind, well it leaves a real bad taste in consumers mouths.... and BB is hurting enough to not screw over consumers. Second thing is that if the PB sold 500,000 units (not sure how many, just saying a number), then that is 500,000 potential new BB10 users (or even 250,000). New BB10 users that may buy the phone, or buy apps, or buy music, or buy movies, etc. Even if they don't use their PB and it is sitting in a drawer, if they find out that there is a big new update, then they may decide to clean the dust and try it out. Maybe they like it and want to continue the BB ecosystem.

In the end BB need to have a big pool of users to get a big pool of developers. A big pool of developers makes a bigger pool of users. It is a big cycle and the means isn't resource heavy. Yes I am sure the PB is low on the list, but I am sure it is on the list. BB10 is built from the ground up and from my understanding is based on QNX. When they made BB10 they made it scalable and versatile, so the resources are going to be based on tweaks and not rewriting.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 11:41 PM
    I gave up on bb10 for pb. Now,i'm enjoying what i have.
    tour_ism, Symeonify and podes2204 like this.
    04-27-13 12:41 AM
    Stop asking for BB10. It has been promised, yes, but the OS now works fine and if anything BB10 for the PlayBook will not be as great as everyone thinks it will be. Don't get your hopes up thinking that it will save this device from obscurity. Its too late for all that really. I feel the PB hardware will keep it that way. What we all should be waiting for is a new tablet device. I mean if your only waiting for skype it is an android port on BB10 anyway. Our PBs can do that now. If it was native cascades then yeah sure we would have to get BB10 first. I like my PlayBook as it is. Just needs some updates to things like acrobat reader maybe perhaps. Even though I couldn't afford it now I am more excited to see a made for BB10 tablet. Just my opinion. But I'm not angry about not getting this BB10 update. I may not even switch when it shows up. I would like to see it but purely out of curiosity. I don't need it.
    ______

I'm with you there. Current PB serves my need, but if and when the BB10 upgrade comes out (or if PB v.2 is made) so much the better.
    tour_ism likes this.
    04-27-13 01:45 AM
    Maybe you should put more research into motion....
    LOL
    04-27-13 03:01 AM
    Stop asking for BB10. It has been promised, yes, but the OS now works fine and if anything BB10 for the PlayBook will not be as great as everyone thinks it will be. Don't get your hopes up thinking that it will save this device from obscurity. Its too late for all that really. I feel the PB hardware will keep it that way. What we all should be waiting for is a new tablet device. I mean if your only waiting for skype it is an android port on BB10 anyway. Our PBs can do that now. If it was native cascades then yeah sure we would have to get BB10 first. I like my PlayBook as it is. Just needs some updates to things like acrobat reader maybe perhaps. Even though I couldn't afford it now I am more excited to see a made for BB10 tablet. Just my opinion. But I'm not angry about not getting this BB10 update. I may not even switch when it shows up. I would like to see it but purely out of curiosity. I don't need it.
    Totally, agree. I would like to see a 10" Playbook.
    04-27-13 03:04 AM
    As for BB10 on the Playbook... good luck with that.. yes they probably will upgrade to something they call BB10 but due to hardware constraints I doubt it will a full version.... Playbook has only one gig if ram for the OS and a single core processor that is .5 ghz slower on clock speed.... so I think what you will see is a hybrid of BB10 to satisfy those who bought a playbook,,, this way is they do release a new talblet they have honored their obligations and can basically orphan the device... not a criticism.... just what make sense from a business standpoiint... If BB has 7 - 10 million OS10 smartphones and around a million Playbooks.. guess which device will get the development time.... I own three Playbooks and use them regularly... I personally do not care if BB10 shows up as when I purchased it BB10 was a glint in RIM's eye... no promises on it were made then so why should I get upset if they do little with it... Hard to know about Skype as again nothing was said about it being avaialble on the Playbook....
    Um, just a slight detraction from the wings... the PlayBook doesn't have a single core processor.
    04-27-13 03:38 AM
    BlackBerry is still a business oriented organisation. And any business oriented organisation will only release a product if there is a high possibility, based on their calculated theory, that it will give them profit.

BlackBerry's theory in PlayBook didn't materialise. And they probably don't want to repeat the same mistakes. "Promised" or "not promised", they will release BB10 to PlayBook if they see "opportunity" in the future. And that's why we, the PlayBook users, left in darkness. Because until now, even Mr. Thor himself is still not convince, that it is business-wise decision to allocate company's resources to something not profitable, like completing BB10 for PlayBook, instead of focusing their "resources" to more feasible products like Z10 and Q10 (which obviously need to be improved), it will be uncertained future for our PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    i have been going old since i repeated about the playbook ..
    once more .. it is a huge great hardware in it and it can go for bb 10 , the fact for its "low " processor is pure bull**** as the z10 model has low processor as well .. thr develop one i think ..
    the playbook camera is great front and back t just needs some settings !!
    the speakers are just huge deal !
    the music player also needs settings !!
    the browser is a problem .. really needs fix !
    also native apps like in legacy bb's are priority for the playbook !
    i would rather have bb 10 on playbook than actually own that silly z or q 10 !
    INSTAGRAM , Skype , yahoo messenger should have been there in the first place as there are no probs with the playbook !
    beyond the any tablets out there playbook is still a huge stable deal it just needs some fix !
    i dont want on my playbook a billion not useful apps just the ones that are dear for me
    it is ok with the port thing but just sad for not having like on the legacy devices

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    mmarco likes this.
    04-27-13 04:37 AM
    i have been going old since i repeated about the playbook ..
    once more .. it is a huge great hardware in it and it can go for bb 10 , the fact for its "low " processor is pure bull**** as the z10 model has low processor as well .. thr develop one i think ..
    the playbook camera is great front and back t just needs some settings !!
    the speakers are just huge deal !
    the music player also needs settings !!
    the browser is a problem .. really needs fix !
    also native apps like in legacy bb's are priority for the playbook !
    i would rather have bb 10 on playbook than actually own that silly z or q 10 !
    INSTAGRAM , Skype , yahoo messenger should have been there in the first place as there are no probs with the playbook !
    beyond the any tablets out there playbook is still a huge stable deal it just needs some fix !
    i dont want on my playbook a billion not useful apps just the ones that are dear for me
    it is ok with the port thing but just sad for not having like on the legacy devices

I agree 100%
    04-27-13 06:06 AM
    I tried to tell 'em that, but you know how it goes. We still meeting up for beers later?
    Oh that's just what we need, another intelligent dog and not only that, this one drinks???? What have we become? You just don't know these days what your talking to?
    04-27-13 01:51 PM
    Oh that's just what we need, another intelligent dog and not only that, this one drinks???? What have we become? You just don't know these days what your talking to?
    Is that all you do... just troll CB all day?
    04-27-13 05:50 PM
    neah he's just being honest ..
    do you want to hear some pop corn lyes from me ?

sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 06:05 PM
    many bbers in China are also waiting for those!!
    04-27-13 08:00 PM
    Seems like that's what he does. And every once in a while he hooks a big one.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 10:39 PM
    Ok then let's hear some creative suggestions from you then as to what a retired person is supposed to do with all his spare time?

ps if you dare mention gardening I'll find you and drop pasties in your garden!!!!!!
    04-28-13 08:29 AM
    Ok then let's hear some creative suggestions from you then as to what a retired person is supposed to do with all his spare time?

ps if you dare mention gardening I'll find you and drop pasties in your garden!!!!!!
    Not quite gardening if you are just repositioning the gnomes around.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 09:32 AM

You could devote yourself full time to a letter writing campaign with the goal of getting Skype and BB10 onto the Playbook.
    Don't forget to mentions pasties and brandy frequently to show that you are a serious man not to be trifled with.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-28-13 09:32 AM
    You could devote yourself full time to a letter writing campaign with the goal of getting Skype and BB10 onto the Playbook.
    Don't forget to mentions pasties and brandy frequently to show that you are a serious man not to be trifled with.
    Get a job in Chandler, Arizona.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 12:48 PM
    Gardening!?! That's silly...

How about fishing and making pastries as your bait?

Posted via Z10
    04-28-13 01:18 PM
    I would dearly love to respond positively to your request but firstly as I have asked before I need to know if skype is an app or a game because I don't do games..... Oh no I don't do any games at all!! !! You see there are four xboxs in my home, one ps2, one ps1 and a psp so I don't do games!

Apart from the classic games of "find your way to the lost cellar", "rescue of the ancient brandy", "discovery of the lost journey back from the cellar" and of course the all time classic "the unknown planet of the pasty". Other than that I don't do games at all!
    04-28-13 01:24 PM
    Get a job in Chandler, Arizona.
    That's right little black and white house, be the smart one! Well I found out its warm there so I've accepted so there!! Look on the bright side though it brings me even closer to you!!!!!!!! Watch out little house.
    04-28-13 01:29 PM
90 1234