Where is the OS10 and Skype for the PB?

BB let's get moving

Last edited by hreiner1; 04-25-13 at 07:31 PM.
    04-25-13 08:58 AM
    Yeah I'd love to have skype on the PB
    unclejalepino likes this.
    04-25-13 09:09 AM
    First of all....Blackberry lets get moving no more RIM and second of all they are looking to put some services in the BB10 for the playbook.I am excited too but gotta wait.
    04-25-13 09:10 AM
    RIM? RIM is dead.

BlackBerry is working on BB10 right now. They stated BB10 will come to the PlayBook later this year, after the phones have been deployed. The Z10 has been launched but isn't done with deployment. Many countries still don't have it officially available. The Q10 (along with BB10.1) will be officially out in 2 weeks.

Let's say it takes BlackBerry another two months to finish deploying the Z10. That's 6 months (from announcement to deployment, 4 from release to deployment). We can expect them to drop deployment time for the Q10 (learning curve and carriers helping based on Z10 sales) to max 4 months.

If that holds, we should see BB10 for PlayBook in 4-6 months from now. Do we wanna wait? No. I'm with you. But we will have to.
    04-25-13 09:12 AM
    BlackBerry Mexico recently tweeted that it's coming soon so yeah..4-6 months sounds about right lol.
    mbilloo and BB12MX like this.
    04-25-13 07:05 PM
    What part of coming soon don't you understand?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-25-13 09:09 PM

BB let's get moving

With this kind of thread, you're gonna lure that old man out of the celler. Before you know it, it's going to be 30 pages long of his ranting.
    04-25-13 09:13 PM
    LOL, nobody know's when its coming out. If they did it would have been posted already
    04-25-13 09:24 PM
    Until the BoD vote on the name change, they are still officially named Research in Motion...just sayin'
    04-25-13 09:28 PM
    Man...I have always been a loyal fan of BB but I get tired of their lack of urgency around getting their users the popular applications used by millions of other Android and IPhone users...I guess I will continue to vent while staying loyal to the blackberry brand.
    AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    04-25-13 09:42 PM

BB let's get moving

Yawn...... boring thread...this topic has been run into the ground and trampled way too long.

Thank you.
    04-25-13 10:58 PM
    What part of coming soon don't you understand?
    Coming soon.....LOL. yup. Tired of the BS. Don't expect any new tablets either. Get a Droid tablet, JellyBean oh so tasty . Lots of nice free apps. Even the Android ports on Playbook are crap and somehow still better than Playbook native apps. Go figure
    mbilloo likes this.
    04-26-13 07:02 AM
    Every new thread started on this subject adds another months delay.
    04-26-13 07:07 AM
    With this kind of thread, you're gonna lure that old man out of the celler. Before you know it, it's going to be 30 pages long of his ranting.
    Careful kitty, I can hear you! Anyway all I want to know is what's skype, is it a game or an app?
    04-26-13 07:29 AM
    Every new thread started on this subject adds another months delay.
    Ah, crap, we are now looking at 2017 at the earliest!
    kbz1960, JeepBB and tour_ism like this.
    04-26-13 09:06 AM
    Until the BoD vote on the name change, they are still officially named Research in Motion...just sayin'
    In former British colonies in Asia, "passing motion" or passing bowel motion is a polite term used for defecation.

So Research In Motion means...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 10:05 AM
    First of all....Blackberry lets get moving no more RIM and second of all they are looking to put some services in the BB10 for the playbook.I am excited too but gotta wait.
    I've been waiting since launch day almost two years ago. This whole experience has been "Some day...." for way too long. I've been a happy PB owner this whole time, going with the "some day it will..." mentality. Kind of tired of it frankly.
    04-26-13 12:25 PM
    I'm tired with all these threads.
    I've already given you an answer my friends.
    IT IS COMING SOON
    Bbnivende and atlac like this.
    04-26-13 12:43 PM
    Maybe you should put more research into motion....
    tour_ism likes this.
    04-26-13 12:44 PM
    In former British colonies in Asia, "passing motion" or passing bowel motion is a polite term used for defecation.

So Research In Motion means...
    We have definitely got to be related somewhere along the line? My father did have a bicycle?
    04-26-13 12:46 PM
    As for BB10 on the Playbook... good luck with that.. yes they probably will upgrade to something they call BB10 but due to hardware constraints I doubt it will a full version.... Playbook has only one gig if ram for the OS and a single core processor that is .5 ghz slower on clock speed.... so I think what you will see is a hybrid of BB10 to satisfy those who bought a playbook,,, this way is they do release a new talblet they have honored their obligations and can basically orphan the device... not a criticism.... just what make sense from a business standpoiint... If BB has 7 - 10 million OS10 smartphones and around a million Playbooks.. guess which device will get the development time.... I own three Playbooks and use them regularly... I personally do not care if BB10 shows up as when I purchased it BB10 was a glint in RIM's eye... no promises on it were made then so why should I get upset if they do little with it... Hard to know about Skype as again nothing was said about it being avaialble on the Playbook....
    04-26-13 01:04 PM
    IT IS COMING SOON
    Tell you what is coming very soon, in fact sooner than bb10 for the pb and that is the long drawn out excruciating pain that you are about to feel in your rectal area if you launch the Q10 with a fully functional bridge app. You remember the bridge application Thor, it's the app that you didnt know anything about but set the pb apart from all other tablets and you took it away from us you pratt!

Obviously I will be present to insert my Z10 as far up your rectum as possible, but I will also be there to defend you as well. In other words any surgeon that wants to remove it will have to get past me first and trust me I will defend you until my last!
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-26-13 01:19 PM
    Stop asking for BB10. It has been promised, yes, but the OS now works fine and if anything BB10 for the PlayBook will not be as great as everyone thinks it will be. Don't get your hopes up thinking that it will save this device from obscurity. Its too late for all that really. I feel the PB hardware will keep it that way. What we all should be waiting for is a new tablet device. I mean if your only waiting for skype it is an android port on BB10 anyway. Our PBs can do that now. If it was native cascades then yeah sure we would have to get BB10 first. I like my PlayBook as it is. Just needs some updates to things like acrobat reader maybe perhaps. Even though I couldn't afford it now I am more excited to see a made for BB10 tablet. Just my opinion. But I'm not angry about not getting this BB10 update. I may not even switch when it shows up. I would like to see it but purely out of curiosity. I don't need it.
    sad_old_man and tour_ism like this.
    04-26-13 01:48 PM
    IT IS COMING SOON
    dude .. let me tell you something that wl really tire you up ..
    if the pb would have had a led flash at the camera .. if it would have had the possibility to support sd card and sim card from the first place at its original launch .. if it would have had skype , yahoo , instagram , photoshop , bb travel and protect ...then .. the playbook would have been a huge best seller ..
    how do you expectt to have more users when many are tired of blackberry to experiment on their money ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-26-13 05:11 PM
    how do you expectt to have more users when many are tired of blackberry to experiment on their money ?
    If they change maybe... If they scedule fast news (updates + apps) and the price still down... they can ensure new people... or not... time'll tell!!
    04-26-13 05:18 PM
90 123 ...