Strange situation here. Purchased a book from Kobo. It finally showed up on my husband's PB not on mine. I purchased it on my desktop because the darn thing would not accept my country when putting in my credit card info. My country is Canada. I can't see the book on my desktop nor on my own PB. Can I find the file somewhere on his PB and transfer it to mine? Kobo does not respond to emails.

Is there somewhere else that I can purchase books to read on my PB?
    11-24-11 07:12 AM
    I know the feeling. I have tried several times to locate downloaded books on my PB, with zero success. Unbelievable.
    11-24-11 07:19 AM
    Is your Kobo account attached to your Playbook? Do you guys share 1 main account for the Kobo?
    11-24-11 08:27 AM
    Just confirm that you have updated the Kobo app, and that you look to bottom of all apps to see if u are launching the newest one. In the past I have updated an app but it has left old linkages on the previous icons. Just a thought!
    11-24-11 09:03 AM
    The books on the PB are not available - they must be located in a hidden folder that users cannot access.

On your computer, you can probably find it somewhere but you canNOT move/copy it to the pb as kobo does not work with what are called "sideloaded" books.

The only unkosher way would be to break the drm on the book using computer tools and then use a 3rd party reader.

So, bottom line, figure out what is wrong with your account so you can officially get the book. Or prepare to dabble.
    11-24-11 10:53 AM
    Downloads folder? Just a guess.
    11-24-11 12:57 PM
    Downloads folder? Just a guess.
    NOPE!

It is probably some internal folder that "we" don't have access to.
    11-24-11 01:15 PM
    I had the same problem ( if I am understanding this properly). Downloaded a book and for the life of me couldn't find it. Didn't show up in my library. Pulled the options screen down, hit refresh and there it was!

Now as for where exactly it is stored, didn't really care.
    11-24-11 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD