Where do you put your .mkv movie files?

Also, is there an application that can access your folders/files ?

I am trying to find my .mkv movie files without connecting to my PC but I am not sure how to find the folders/files that I transfered from my PC because there is no application that allow me to do this.
    04-20-11 03:08 PM
    Where do you put your .mkv movie files?

Also, is there an application that can access your folders/files ?

I am trying to find my .mkv movie files without connecting to my PC but I am not sure how to find the folders/files that I transfered from my PC because there is no application that allow me to do this.
    You can not play .mkv movie files. The Playbook does not support this.

As for any movies, you put them in the "videos" folder on your Playbook. But, as yet, there is no file browser on the Playbook. You can only see your files when you are hooked up to your computer.
    04-20-11 03:10 PM
    You can not play .mkv movie files. The Playbook does not support this.......
    Might want to add a "yet" to that. I have heard .mkv support is coming, just don't know when.
    04-20-11 03:12 PM
    You can not play .mkv movie files. The Playbook does not support this.
    That is sad. One of my reasons for buying the Playbook is the strong video playback and I thought that it also support .mkv movie files.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab can play .mkv movie files and I love it. I thought that the Playbook dual core OMAP4 chipset would be able to decode .mkv files.
    I hate my 4G Xoom tablet because it cannot play high-profile .mkv files and that is why I am currently trying to sell it.
    04-20-11 03:16 PM
    My Samsung Galaxy Tab can play .mkv movie files and I love it. I thought that the Playbook dual core OMAP4 chipset would be able to decode .mkv files.
    I hate my 4G Xoom tablet because it cannot play high-profile .mkv files and that is why I am currently trying to sell it.
    MKV is just a container. The hardware capabilities have nothing to do with whether it supports MKV. There's no such thing a "high profile MKV", however what there is is high profile H.264 inside a MKV contianer. The PlayBook can decode high profile H.264, so all you need to do is change the container format. There's a lot of programs out there that will do it, and even an old (5+ year) computer should do it under 5 minutes (it doesn't have to re-encode, just convert the container).

Additionally, because it's not a hardware limitation, RIM can add MKV container support in a software update. Several users have reported that RIM has said they will.
    04-20-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD