I am just wondering how others manage this function from a logistical perspective.

I am currently running multiple calendars in PB 2.0 which works well. I also use my Curve which is synced to Ms Outlook (home office CPU). The curve is constantly bridged to the PB.

Today, I used MS Visio to process map my �calendars� in order to determine the best solution to where to input new entries.
    When I look at my process map there are a few obvious gaps in the logic behind 2.0 calendar entries.

I am leaning towards maintaining the (pre 2.0) status quo; using curve/bridge, and designating the 2.0 calendars as view only?

I noticed if I am distracted and �create an event� in the �Playbook Local� calendar that event will never get synced to anything. Can someone intelligent confirm? I would hate to believe it was designed to do that.

So where do you input new calendar entries ?
    02-28-12 09:13 AM
    I know my 9800 will be with me 100% of the time, so calendar entries still go there, and I use the bridge calendar when I have my PB in hand. The local 2.0 PB calendar will remain unused until something is put in place to merge the PB calendar with the calendar I've maintained on a BB for years.

Also, I'm not a fan of the Facebook birthdays cluttering up the new calendar.
    02-28-12 09:29 AM
    I use my bb calendar for all of my calendar entries. Such a shame it doesn't sync to the native calendar on the pb. Bridge works fine for now but I was really hoping for some sort of cloud syncing such as through blackberry protect.
    As it is there is no real reason to use the native features of the pb (even though they are very pretty) because it doesn't talk to my phone (no, google sync for bb is not a solution - I have had my entire contact list duplicated too many times to load that program on my phone again). So for now I am content with using bridge still and using the still excellent calendar on the 9930.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 09:32 AM
    Another note. I had to do a backup/restore and the restore does not have any of the native entires of my calendar , only the synced mail account so if you choose to use native and ever backup you will lose all
    02-28-12 09:55 AM
    I am stll getting a handle on how any of this works and am curious to see the answers.

But as mentioned, the bbphone is with me all of the time. So, if I enter an appt into it, I don't want it to get lost if I use the native calendar.

Yesterday I did experiment. I put an appt in the bbphone. Then I used DM to sync that with Outlook. Then google sync did sync that to the pb. But I'm not sure I trust the process and also, I don't usually sync my bbphone with outlook all that often.

Let me ask since I have not needed it - is there a google sync for bbphones. I went looking yesterday but could not find an app - too many hits and not enough time!!!!
    02-28-12 09:57 AM
    Another note. I had to do a backup/restore and the restore does not have any of the native entires of my calendar , only the synced mail account so if you choose to use native and ever backup you will lose all
    That too is scary, this is certainly a design flaw . I have yet to determine what the �Playbook Local� calendar function is for? again if someone inteligent can explain that would be appreciated. TIA
    02-28-12 10:17 AM
    Let me ask since I have not needed it - is there a google sync for bbphones. I went looking yesterday but could not find an app - too many hits and not enough time!!!!
    Yes it exists I did see a youtube video for it but, have lost allintrest in going that route. I recall it mentioned going through the browser on your BB not the app store. However ,don't quote me on that .
    02-28-12 10:35 AM
    I have always used Google Calendar and sync'd with my BB and now my PB without any problems. No matter which I use to input an appointment it shows in all.
    02-28-12 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD