Oh one more thing about mono price, if you give an item a bad review they will contact you and find out why you weren't happy and they offered me a refund but I didn't take it because the cables were so damn inexpensive and with their offer I knew I supported a good company.
    04-28-11 04:54 PM
    Can someone tell me exactly what type of cable I need to connect my PlayBook (which I LOVE by the way - had the 64G since launch). I get confused with the various cables around on the internet - I know it is micro USB to HDMI but what's all this about adapters etc? I am fed up of ordering from shopblackberry.com they never tell you when you order that they are out of stock. And expensive! Am in UK Cheers
    11-09-12 03:08 PM
    Can someone tell me exactly what type of cable I need to connect my PlayBook (which I LOVE by the way - had the 64G since launch). I get confused with the various cables around on the internet - I know it is micro USB to HDMI but what's all this about adapters etc? I am fed up of ordering from shopblackberry.com they never tell you when you order that they are out of stock. And expensive! Am in UK Cheers
    I purchased a micro HDMI at Radio Shack (May be a US only store) and it worked fine. I didnt need an adapter. Just plug and play.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    11-09-12 03:21 PM
    So, just a few minutes ago, I discovered the pb does not include the hdmi cable. I had not fully explored the contents boxes and thought the cable packed with the adapter was for hdmi. I only just unwrapped it to find it was yet another micro-usb cable. Sheesh. I guess monoprice, here I come...
    I can't believe my eyes
    11-09-12 03:27 PM
    ebay - approx 99p. Works a charm, bloody fantastic! Use it all the time on my TV & took it on hols with us - hooked up PB to hotel TV for full screen films, tv., etc.

PS. A decent micro hdmi to hdmi works fine.
    HardpackBerry likes this.
    11-09-12 03:30 PM
    Monoprice is the best place for all things audio and video!!!!!
    11-09-12 04:10 PM
    bought mine at radio shack, works great and was under 20.00
    11-09-12 04:14 PM
    My first Playbook i purchased was a 32gb bundle that included hdmi. My search for more took me to Amazon.ca......It was $0.05 plus $2.95 shipping. Or you can pay $2.99 with free shipping. It works perfectly.

HDMI to HDMI Type D Micro Cable 1.4, 6 FT / 1.8 M: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    11-09-12 04:36 PM
    In UK - Amazon or eBay - no more than �2 - should be less.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Curve 3G using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 04:41 PM
    Thanks all - I'm in the UK so no Monoprice or Radio Shack! It was the type of HDMI cable that was confusing....cheers to DC506 for pointing me to HDMI Type D micro.
    11-09-12 05:29 PM
    Newegg for $4 or any one on ebay aslong as the seller has a 100% feedback
    11-09-12 08:17 PM
    It is NOT a micro usb.

It IS a micro hdmi to hdmi cable.

I don't know if monoprice.com ships to the UK.
    11-09-12 09:10 PM
    bought mine from office depot but my next one will be from amazon. :banghead:
    11-09-12 09:32 PM
    Specifically it is a HDMI cable Type D male to Type A male.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Curve 3G using Tapatalk
    11-10-12 03:10 AM
    Amazon!

Simple as.
    11-10-12 04:57 AM
    UK here. Ordered a 1.8m from Ebay for about �2.

Arrived two days ago.
    11-10-12 06:26 AM
    Can someone tell me exactly what type of cable I need to connect my PlayBook (which I LOVE by the way - had the 64G since launch). I get confused with the various cables around on the internet - I know it is micro USB to HDMI but what's all this about adapters etc?
    As others have shown the cable you need is micro HDMI to HDMI.
    You can either use a cable, of various lengths, with a male Micro HDMI connector on one end and a male HDMI on the other end
    Where do you buy your an hdmi cable for the Playbook?-74451.jpg
    - or -
    Use an adapter to go from male Micro HDMI to female HDMI then use a normal male HDMI to male HDMI cable from the adapter to your TV.
    Where do you buy your an hdmi cable for the Playbook?-77031.jpg or a 6" version Where do you buy your an hdmi cable for the Playbook?-76031.jpg

The advantage of using an adapter is; if you carry a regular HDMI cable for a laptop or other device all you have to carry for the Playbook is an adapter rather than another cable.

I use the stubby adapter, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77031.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	125175 plus a 90 degree adapter, Where do you buy your an hdmi cable for the Playbook?-37331.jpg then a standard HDMI cable.

I hope this didn't make things even more confusing.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-12 06:53 AM
    As others have shown the cable you need is micro HDMI to HDMI.
    You can either use a cable, of various lengths, with a male Micro HDMI connector on one end and a male HDMI on the other end
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74451.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	125174
    - or -
    Use an adapter to go from male Micro HDMI to female HDMI then use a normal male HDMI to male HDMI cable from the adapter to your TV.
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	125175 or a 6" version Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76031.jpg 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	125176

The advantage of using an adapter is; if you carry a regular HDMI cable for a laptop or other device all you have to carry for the Playbook is an adapter rather than another cable.

I use the stubby adapter, Click image for larger version. 

ID:	125175 plus a 90 degree adapter, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37331.jpg 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	125177 then a standard HDMI cable.

I hope this didn't make things even more confusing.
    Yup, when I was ordering from monoprice, I decided to throw in orders for a few of those adapters, converters including a bending/pivoting one.
    11-10-12 09:28 AM
    CompUSA here. Though I do need an extension cable. Is nice to watch movies and play a few games (though Turrican is hard due to the toucscreen gamepad) on it, and.. um.. a certain 2011 Motorola phone from Verizon that is retired.
    11-10-12 11:00 AM
    Bought mine at eBay, very cheap but works like a charm.
    11-10-12 08:58 PM
    I picked mine up (a 6' cable) for just under $4.00 CND from SW-BOX.COM. I was very surprised by the quality considering it came direct from China. If I remember correctly it took about 2 weeks to arrive.
    11-10-12 09:30 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD