Where do you buy your an hdmi cable for the Playbook?
    04-28-11 09:24 AM
    04-28-11 09:28 AM
    tiger direct

$19 cdn

Went to the store & picked it up
    Last edited by molson0; 04-28-11 at 09:44 AM.
    04-28-11 09:29 AM
    Most use monoprice.com, its $7 but I don't know how long it is.

I bought a 15footer from amazon.com but I have two day free shipping so its worth it.

Wish they would get the charging pod in stock!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 09:31 AM
    ebay.co.uk �4.99 + free posting
    04-28-11 09:34 AM
    I like Monoprice for inexpensive good quality cables. Hard to beat.

04-28-11 09:39 AM
    Any Canadians buying from Monoprice?

Did you get dinged for brokerage?
    04-28-11 09:44 AM
    Any Canadians buying from Monoprice?

Did you get dinged for brokerage?
    My first order should be here in a day or two. They used USPS so I suspect there might be some GST, but no major brokerage charges like you get with UPS. I remember paying something like 30% of the value of my purchase in brokerage charges with UPS once.
    q649 likes this.
    04-28-11 10:04 AM
    I think I saw some good stuff on Amazon.com.
    04-28-11 10:09 AM
    We order a lot from Monoprice. Since they use USPS, there's no brokerage charges. Only tax.
    q649 likes this.
    04-28-11 10:10 AM
    I used monoprice for all my cables except I got an HDMI to Micro-HDMI adapter to use with 1 of the Stand HDMI cables that I get from Verizon.

When my home remodel is done I will upgrade all my wires and have dedicated ones for each component I need them for.
    04-28-11 10:14 AM
    I ordered this item for my Playbook. Works like a charm! I love monoprice for all of our cables and various accessories. Most of their stuff is very well made, especially their cables.
    04-28-11 10:15 AM
    I couldnt wait and bought it from Radio Shack in the USA. Said on the package it was for an HTC device but in a Radio Shack package. $29.99 for a 6ft cable. Not the best deal. Monoprice is the best retailewr for this stuff if you don't need it now. I own 2 LCD TV mounts and in-wall HDMI cable jacks from them and they were very, very reasonably priced and very good quality. Highly recommend them.

I am CDN and had my Monoprice stuff shipped to Buffalo to a friend and I picked it all up but I would almost guarantee that you will pay brokerage/HST. If the item is valued under $20.00 you will pay nothing though. You are allowed a $20.00 CDN exemption on all items recieved by mail from international addresses.
    Last edited by timhorton; 04-28-11 at 10:43 AM.
    04-28-11 10:40 AM
    Went to my local dollar store... They had HDMI High-Speed 1.4 compliant 2 meters (6 ft) cables for 9.99$ CDN. Then bought an HDMI > HDMI Type D (Micro) adapter from eBay.
    04-28-11 10:41 AM
    I couldnt wait and bought it from Radio Shack in the USA. Said on the package it was for an HTC device but in a Radio Shack package. $29.99 for a 6ft cable. Not the best deal. Monoprice is the best retailewr for this stuff if you don't need it now. I own 2 LCD TV mounts and in-wall HDMI cable jacks from them and they were very, very reasonably priced and very good quality. Highly recommend them.
    Yeah, their TV mounts are awesome. They are built tough and are dirt cheap compared to retail.

On the cables, even paying for 2nd day delivery, it is usually cheaper for me to buy on Monoprice than go to Ratshack or Worst Buy...unless, like you said, you have to have it NOW...
    04-28-11 10:43 AM
    Random hdmi question:

Can I use the Playbook as a screen for my PS3? Like if just ran the mini hmdi cable from the PB to the PS3.

04-28-11 10:47 AM
    I don't know if the Micro-HDMI is bi-directional like that, even as such, I don't think the PB can be set up as a monitor.
    04-28-11 11:32 AM
    Oh. Thanks for the reponds anyways. What about with a os update do you think it could be done?

04-28-11 11:55 AM
    Random hdmi question:

Can I use the Playbook as a screen for my PS3? Like if just ran the mini hmdi cable from the PB to the PS3.

Right now I would say no because from what I have read in the past the playbook only sends information through that port and doesn't receive it.

Although hopefully in a future there are many of us that are hoping for it to work. Us DSLR, PRO Users and Consumer Users would like it to work that way.
    04-28-11 12:51 PM
    I don't know if the Micro-HDMI is bi-directional like that, even as such, I don't think the PB can be set up as a monitor.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the wire. I think that is all software related not hardware. The wires don't say plug this end here and this end there.
    04-28-11 12:52 PM
    I'd hate to try to connect to my PS3 just to try to see if it would work and end up messing up my PB some how. I think I will call CS to see if they know anything about this.

04-28-11 01:28 PM
    So, just a few minutes ago, I discovered the pb does not include the hdmi cable. I had not fully explored the contents boxes and thought the cable packed with the adapter was for hdmi. I only just unwrapped it to find it was yet another micro-usb cable. Sheesh. I guess monoprice, here I come...
    04-28-11 03:49 PM
    Bought this one at amazon.ca ...$4.35 plus 5$ shipping for 10 ft...works beautifully...standard USPS shipping took about 6 days.
    10ft 3M High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet For Motorola Droid X: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    04-28-11 04:03 PM
    +1 for mono price, but you have to be careful. Most of the cables from mono price are very high quality and the HDMI cables I bought from them are doing the trick but I did buy some USB cables from the and they didn't last very long.
    04-28-11 04:32 PM
    monoprice

10char
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-28-11 04:46 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD