Don't you dare you little flying dweeb you, don't even think about it! If you take the easy way out I will come over and bomb your house. (please supply coordinates)

ps take your pb with you and video the op. Then we'll have something to laugh about afterwards. Look at it this way.

How did you feel when your instructor sent you up on your first solo flight?.
    How did you feel when you did your first engine failure simulation?.
    How did you feel when you were radar locked for the first time?.

Your going nowhere my friend so if that's what your thinking about, forget it. If you want rid of me just say so otherwise we are in this together ok!

Never did like the colour blue anyway.
    dphjeff, your recovery will be thanks enough. Let me know when your well enough to go up again. Enough said.
    04-13-13 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. You never know what could happen. I will be fine and didn't want you to wonder where that dumb SOB went if something did. H@ll if you bombed my house you would get me out of my honey due list.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. You never know what could happen. I will be fine and didn't want you to wonder where that dumb SOB went if something did. H@ll if you bombed my house you would get me out of my honey due list.
    Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I bring this prayer to you Lord. For you alone can give what one cannot demand from oneself. Give me, Lord, what you have left over. Give me what no-one ever asks you for. I don't ask you for rest, or quiet, whether of soul or body. I don't ask you for wealth, nor for success, nor even health perhaps. That sort of thing you get asked for so much that you can't have any time left. Give me, Lord, what you have left over. Give me what no-one wants from you. I want insecurity, strife and I want you to give me these once and for all, so that I can be sure of having them always, since I shall not always have the courage to ask you for them. Give me, Lord, what you have left over. Give me what others want nothing to do with. But give me courage too, and strength and faith. For you alone can give what one cannot demand from oneself.

ps you've just made no 1 on the list. I'm gonna get you pal. Come to think of it your now higher on the list than the cat or the gooseberry!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-13-13 04:16 PM
    Just a FYI: S_O_M I am going in for surgery on Monday at 9:00. So if you don't here from me you know it didn't turn out in a go way. So just encase its been great talking to you.
    If you are serious - take care and best in a full and quick recovery. I had eye surgery a year ago and it was my first general in about 60 years. I asked if it could be a spinal and they could turn me upsidedown!

Again, best.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    04-13-13 04:21 PM
    Just got on the forum (Gooseberries do other than just hang around). dphjeff, Crackberry Nation will be definitiely pulling and thinking of you., Gooseberries have curative powers and they are all bestowed on you. I will gladly give up my spot on the S_O_M list. By the time S_O_M is done with you at the top, you will wish for surgery! We all enjoy the whimsical banter on here. Be sure and take your PB. Godspeed.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    04-13-13 04:43 PM
    If you are serious - take care and best in a full and quick recovery. I had eye surgery a year ago and it was my first general in about 60 years. I asked if it could be a spinal and they could turn me upsidedown!

Again, best.
    What's upside down?
    Attached Thumbnails Where do the stock wallpapers live?-red-arrows738-rba.jpg  
    04-13-13 04:44 PM
    Much as I love you crazy kids, and your teenage talk about booze...

And this isn't me talking because I started this thread - but I do worry that threads that actually had some useful info for others searching, may be getting merged with all the other threads and in-jokes.

It's a fine line between camaraderie and threads gettings so divergent, that some folk may well not bother.

Yes, yes, yes, I get what you're going to say - I've just not had enough to drink yet - and you're probably right - but just word to the wise - lets not make every thread a endless, non sequitur. I have no personal objection, but I doubt all readers are quite so interested.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    04-13-13 04:47 PM
    You know that we have ADD don't you. Besides your question was answered in the first four post and if someone can't get something out of that they never will.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 04:59 PM

And this isn't me talking because I started this thread - but I do worry that threads that actually had some useful info for others searching, may be getting merged with all the other threads and in-jokes.

It's a fine line between camaraderie and threads gettings so divergent, that some folk may well not bother.

Yes, yes, yes, I get what you're going to say - I've just not had enough to drink yet - and you're probably right - but just word to the wise - lets not make every thread a endless, non sequitur. I have no personal objection, but I doubt all readers are quite so interested.
    I've wondered that myself, e.g. is the technical nature of this forum being diluted, but it is the forum moderator that should slap the hand. What have there been lately, that is truly technical? Yours, which I believe is answered to the best of current knowledge, a flash/wifi thread, a new browser thread, a stack charging thread? The rest are where can buy in Canada, should I keep it. the Nexus 7 is better posts. We are bored. This is how a forum gets when we are waiting for the next big thing, BB10. Then it will take a second life. But for now, we are a community, aren't we?

If you are somehow subscribed to these threads and are getting needless notifications, then I would unsubcribe and not be bothered
    sad_old_man, dphjeff and Angus_CB like this.
    04-13-13 05:00 PM

Perfectly said. So have you found your wallpapers yet?
    04-13-13 05:01 PM
    Perfectly said. So have you found your wallpapers yet?
    Yes.

But then I lost them again.

Senility. There's a word for it. But I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.
    04-13-13 05:12 PM
    I've wondered that myself, e.g. is the technical nature of this forum being diluted, but it is the forum moderator that should slap the hand. What have there been lately, that is truly technical? Yours, which I believe is answered to the best of current knowledge, a flash/wifi thread, a new browser thread, a stack charging thread? The rest are where can buy in Canada, should I keep it. the Nexus 7 is better posts. We are bored. This is how a forum gets when we are waiting for the next big thing, BB10. Then it will take a second life. But for now, we are a community, aren't we?

If you are somehow subscribed to these threads and are getting needless notifications, then I would unsubcribe and not be bothered
    This is not so much about me getting updates that I don't want - and more about forums as a resource.

I've nothing against off-topic and people having fun. But technical forums work best, when good technical minds can still be bothered to read and contribute.

All I'm saying, is that if every thread becomes this kind of clique-talk, then it may either discourage contributors, or new members searching for info.

Technical forums thrive on there being good technical people still around and posting to make it a good resource, that's all I'm saying - I'm not trying to spoil anybody's fun - I'm just saying, it'll be no good moaning, if there is more need for true steely-eyed-missile-men, if they've all wandered off, because everything is all about thread drift, that's all.

People enjoying off-topic threads and banter is great - but not so much, if thread subjects mislead people.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-13-13 05:15 PM
    Yes.

Senility. There's a word for it. But I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.
    Please refrain from posting answers that are not in keeping with the thread please, once again please thank you?
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-13-13 05:17 PM
    This is not so much about me getting updates that I don't want - and more about forums as a resource.

I've nothing against off-topic and people having fun. But technical forums work best, when good technical minds can still be bothered to read and contribute.

All I'm saying, is that if every thread becomes this kind of clique-talk, then it may either discourage contributors, or new members searching for info.

Technical forums thrive on there being good technical people still around and posting to make it a good resource, that's all I'm saying - I'm not trying to spoil anybody's fun - I'm just saying, it'll be no good moaning, if there is more need for true steely-eyed-missile-men, if they've all wandered off, because everything is all about thread drift, that's all.

People enjoying off-topic threads and banter is great - but not so much, if thread subjects mislead people.
    Are you really being serious? On here? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Next you'll be telling me Thorsten reads this forum!!!!!!!! Oh is that who you meant?
    04-13-13 05:20 PM
    Yes.

Kindly tell us where and how. That would help me to learn. Did you just re-download them or did a file manager show them up somewhere? If your system is constantly deleting them, that is unusual. My PBs have had them since I activated them.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 05:27 PM
    Kindly tell us where and how. That would help me to learn. Did you just re-download them or did a file manager show them up somewhere? If your system is constantly deleting them, that is unusual. My PBs have had them since I activated them.
    Sorry - was being facetious - but the point remains - there's precious few people that would bother reading this much into a thread to get the answer.

Nothing is automatically deleting them - although I suspect a security wipe does.

I "restored" them by following the de-brick procedure as mentioned previously.
    04-13-13 05:31 PM

Totally agree. But most technical questions have been answered in the last two years. I would be very surprised if something operationally came up totally new for someone. So the technical answers are there if they are searched for. Newbies are welcome. I think they are more likely to stay if given a friendly reception rather than a robotic answer. Not that I am a technical expert but I wouldn't be here if there weren't some bantering going on. Nobody should take themselves that seriously....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 05:33 PM
    Are you really being serious? On here? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Next you'll be telling me Thorsten reads this forum!!!!!!!! Oh is that who you meant?
    You get my point, though - everybody is largely twiddling their thumbs because it's all BB10 or nothing.

Thing is, if it does happen, or other software versions happen, and the forum becomes more of a technical Q&A environment, then it will need people to be providing those As (brought to you, today, by the letter M).

It's just I've seen forums turn to tumbleweed because it becomes more about the members than the subject - that's all. Perhaps that's natural evolution, given the PlayBook - it was just a thought. Everyone can feel free to ignore it and return to their normal programmes.
    04-13-13 05:33 PM
    Totally agree. But most technical questions have been answered in the last two years. I would be very surprised if something operationally came up totally new for someone. So the technical answers are there if they are searched for. Newbies are welcome. I think they are more likely to stay if given a friendly reception rather than a robotic answer.
    You misunderstand me - I'm not against people having fun, being off-topic - I'm just trying to say it's not good for a forum, long-term, if every thread becomes this sort of in-joke, that's all.

I've seen it happen in plenty of fora over the years, most are effectively dead, now.
    04-13-13 05:35 PM
    You get my point, though - everybody is largely twiddling their thumbs because it's all BB10 or nothing.

Thing is, if it does happen, or other software versions happen, and the forum becomes more of a technical Q&A environment, then it will need people to be providing those As (brought to you, today, by the letter M).

It's just I've seen forums turn to tumbleweed because it becomes more about the members than the subject - that's all. Perhaps that's natural evolution, given the PlayBook - it was just a thought. Everyone can feel free to ignore it and return to their normal programmes.
    You can't extend the life of a forum artificially. In maybe another 2-3 years, this forum will be a ghost town with a just a few newbies that may have picked the PB up on eBay for a coupla bucks. It is just the life of devices. Just saying..
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 05:39 PM
    You can't extend the life of a forum artificially. In maybe another 2-3 years, this forum will be a ghost town with a just a few newbies that may have picked the PB up on eBay for a coupla bucks. It is just the life of devices. Just saying..
    I'm not suggesting you can extend the life of forums artificially - what I am suggesting, is that behaviour of people within a forum and often prematurely affect it's activity and "life". I've seen it before, that's all.

Ignore if you like - I suspect most will ignore what I've been saying - but all the same, I've seen it before. Natives get restless, forget the point, and just treat the forum like a social networking site - which is great for a select few. But many aren't interested in technically devoted forums for that, and lose interest, and drift off.

Now as I said - I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be any fun, nor off-topic chat or banter - merely that threads should really give some indication of the subject reasonably accurately. There's nothing wrong with people having a ball if they want - I just don't think it should be how most threads end up, that's all - no more, no less.
    04-13-13 05:46 PM
    I know that this is off topic but maybe we need to go here an chat.
    Attached Thumbnails Where do the stock wallpapers live?-img_00000058.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 05:48 PM
    I'm not suggesting you can extend the life of forums artificially - what I am suggesting, is that behaviour of people within a forum and often prematurely affect it's activity and "life". I've seen it before, that's all.

Ignore if you like - I suspect most will ignore what I've been saying - but all the same, I've seen it before. Natives get restless, forget the point, and just treat the forum like a social networking site - which is great for a select few. But many aren't interested in technically devoted forums for that, and lose interest, and drift off.

Now as I said - I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be any fun, nor off-topic chat or banter - merely that threads should really give some indication of the subject reasonably accurately. There's nothing wrong with people having a ball if they want - I just don't think it should be how most threads end up, that's all - no more, no less.
    I love you dearly but I read contradiction, contradiction, dwibble and more contradiction. You asked a questionable question for someone with 319 posts, you received the satisfactory answers and in your own words the problem is solved, so apart from increasing your post count what are you actually trying to say? We should all shut up because your question has been satisfied. If your happy with your solution then leave others alone!
    04-13-13 05:57 PM
    Some people just aren't happy unless they are the centre of attention!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-13-13 06:02 PM
    I love you dearly but I read contradiction, contradiction, dwibble and more contradiction. You asked a questionable question for someone with 319 posts, you received the satisfactory answers and in your own words the problem is solved, so apart from increasing your post count what are you actually trying to say? We should all shut up because your question has been satisfied. If your happy with your solution then leave others alone!
    Gooseberries are logical beings (schooled from your Vulcan ancestors). I believe Wrongsky is rightsky on this one. We are in effect "hi-jacking" his thread, which is a no-no in forum etiquette. I will limit myself to bantering in the "pointless threads" in the future. Point taken.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 06:26 PM
96 1234