My new PlayBook seems to have no options for wallpapers - where do the stock ones live - it currently has no data on, ie no pictures, music, documents or videos, just some additional apps.

I've searched (using ghost commander) on my 1st / main PlayBook and can't seem to find them - anyone know where they're buried?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    04-11-13 11:57 AM
    My new PlayBook seems to have no options for wallpapers - where do the stock ones live - it currently has no data on, ie no pictures, music, documents or videos, just some additional apps.

I've searched (using ghost commander) on my 1st / main PlayBook and can't seem to find them - anyone know where they're buried?
    RIM have placed them all in a home for old wallpapers and pictures. Look on the bright side though I've heard it will all be put right when bb10 comes to the pb. Sorry for that but I don't want to upset the zealots on these forums.
    04-11-13 12:04 PM
    I'm getting the hang of this forum now.
    04-11-13 12:05 PM
    RIM have placed them all in a home for old wallpapers and pictures.
    The swines!
    Look on the bright side though I've heard it will all be put right when bb10 comes to the pb.
    Damn, I was hoping to not have to wait quite that long.
    Sorry for that but I don't want to upset the zealots on these forums.
    How's that working out for you?
    I'm getting the hang of this forum now.
    Hold that thought.
    04-11-13 12:13 PM
    Really? I just activated a 64 not too long ago. They are in the pictures folder under wallpaper, I think. Haha @HelliS22. You will become a S_O_M in no time. Fast learner.....
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-11-13 12:26 PM
    Really? I just activated a 64 not too long ago. They are in the pictures folder under wallpaper, I think.
    Not on this one.

So I'll repeat from the OP... "I've searched (using ghost commander)..."
    04-11-13 12:35 PM
    So you don't have the PB demo file in the videos folder either? I'll check more when I get home but I know that system files and user added files behave a little different in file managers as to whether they can be "seen" or not.
    04-11-13 02:03 PM
    I could do with knowing this too. Im new to the playbook and have just had to do a security wipe simply because I could not restore the default wallpaper. As there wasnt much on the playbook it was no harm done, but like the OP, i too used ghost commander and couldnt find any wallpapers.
    04-11-13 02:15 PM
    I could do with knowing this too. Im new to the playbook and have just had to do a security wipe simply because I could not restore the default wallpaper. As there wasnt much on the playbook it was no harm done, but like the OP, i too used ghost commander and couldnt find any wallpapers.
    Security wipe gets rid of the stock pics and videos:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-lost-750835/
    04-11-13 02:19 PM
    I think that the wallpapers are part of the operating system and are not directly accessible with file managers. Nevertheless, links to download the stock wallpapers and the stock video (both the long and short ones) have been posted on this board. Do a search- and not with Ghost Commander.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    04-11-13 02:22 PM
    Your wallpapers are here where you left them!!! (sitting silently shaking my head)
    Attached Thumbnails Where do the stock wallpapers live?-imholeages.jpg  
    dphjeff and joshua_sx1 like this.
    04-11-13 02:27 PM
    As noted, a Security Wipe will erase the wallpapers, the one music file and the hd demo video. A debrick will restore them.
    04-11-13 02:54 PM
    I see that S_O_M is over the man flu. Welcome back.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-11-13 03:07 PM
    I see that S_O_M is over the man flu. Welcome back.
    Look what I found in the hole. Is this one of your wallpapers?
    Attached Thumbnails Where do the stock wallpapers live?-imagegilrs.jpg  
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-11-13 03:46 PM
    What a hole what a hole.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-11-13 05:08 PM
    What a hole what a hole.
    You do worry me at times!
    dphjeff and jmd.aKBar like this.
    04-12-13 06:27 AM
    I would take the girl on the left. She looks broken-in and comfortable how ever the girl on the right looks like high maintenance and not trustworthy.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 08:27 AM
    I would take the girl on the left. She looks broken-in and comfortable how ever the girl on the right looks like high maintenance and not trustworthy.
    Correct answer! Go immediately to the head of the class and reward yourself with a jam butty!
    04-12-13 11:13 AM
    I think that the wallpapers are part of the operating system and are not directly accessible with file managers. Nevertheless, links to download the stock wallpapers and the stock video (both the long and short ones) have been posted on this board. Do a search- and not with Ghost Commander.
    Native file manager doesn't show them. Files and Folders shows a locked folder where I think they must be. So, not sure how you would access them short of rooting or developer unlocking.
    04-12-13 11:15 AM
    Correct answer! Go immediately to the head of the class and reward yourself with a jam butty!
    Butty? What's that? Gooseberry jam??? (slinks off to cellar and posts black and blue berries at the door).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 11:17 AM
    Butty? What's that? Gooseberry jam??? (slinks off to cellar).
    Here's we go again with the gooseberry. Ok for all of you that live in a third world country, here in the UK we have a preserve that we lovingly call jam. Some heathens call it jelly but we have something different called jelly. When you make a sandwich in the UK the posh people like wot I am call it a butty. So from this we can conclude that most things jam, ham, pork, beef etc etc, when placed between two slices of bread is known as a butty. So therefore Mr gooseberry that falls over, butty does not mean gooseberry jam but now you mention it I have had a great idea of what to do with you when I get you!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-12-13 11:24 AM
    Good thing you explained that. I was worried. I was talking about the girls in the picture and your saying jam butty.
    FYI: Jam is made from the whole fruit and jelly is made from the juice.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 11:35 AM
    Good thing you explained that. I was worried. I was talking about the girls in the picture and your saying jam butty.
    Thank you for that. Thank you very much.

Now I have two uses for you you little green hairy faceless thingy you. Be afraid my friend!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-12-13 11:49 AM
    I love "gooseberry"... it sound delicious...
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    04-12-13 11:57 AM
    By the way, I am stupid not blind? You now seem to have little things on your flag? Don't tell me this is now your dads flag and not your mums
    04-12-13 12:33 PM
96 123 ...