I went looking for a playbook today and couldn't find one anywhere... seems the local staples, bestbuy and future shop have sold out.

...is there a hardware refresh coming, or is this just a sign that they weren't selling well

I ended up getting on from Craigslist.
    02-20-13 07:08 PM
    I was in Walmart today and they had four or five 64gb at $178. I am in Atlantic Canada and over the past few months they seem to be in stock any time I look while in a Walmart.
    02-20-13 07:38 PM
    I called blackberry playbook support. all they said was that the playbook is still ailve and an update will be out soon. both for the OS and bridge. as for the lack of inventory. the feeling I got from the agent on the phone was that they are relaunching when new software is released
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-20-13 07:44 PM
    I called blackberry playbook support. all they said was that the playbook is still ailve and an update will be out soon. both for the OS and bridge. as for the lack of inventory. the feeling I got from the agent on the phone was that they are relaunching when new software is released
    That sounds interesting.
    02-20-13 09:17 PM
    I started a thread. Amazon.com
    02-20-13 09:24 PM
    I am sry i bought them all and hording them until people are begging for them and then i will sell them for 200.00 each 64GB
    02-20-13 11:09 PM
    I started a thread. Amazon.com
    Amazon.com isn't much use to Canadians.
    The 64GB Playbook is also $40 less at Walmart.
    02-21-13 02:39 PM
    I got a used 32GB model on ebay for $125. It is in excellent condition. I upgraded to the latest firmware and it's working great.
    02-21-13 02:50 PM
    I was in Walmart today and they had four or five 64gb at $178. I am in Atlantic Canada and over the past few months they seem to be in stock any time I look while in a Walmart.
    wow, pretty fortunate. Couldn't find one anywhere...even asked the guy at TheSource to sell the display unit...no joy.
    02-22-13 01:27 AM
    Yeah good news for me
    02-22-13 02:46 AM
    I have talked to Blackberry customer service and they insist that they are available. I have contacted everyone that they say stocks them (Wind, Rogers, Telus, Staples, Walmart, Future Shop etc) and they all insist that Blackberry has discontinued the playbook. It is very obvious that all the Playbook demo units have been removed from these stores.

It would be nice if Blackberry could clarify this seeing as how they in a struggle for survival. I don't know why they would risk alienating consumers who want to buy their product.
    02-24-13 06:47 PM
    There are a couple of Staples and Wallmarts that still have it.
    02-24-13 07:10 PM
    Walmart has a good online inventory checker. You can check the stocks of the stores in your area. A quick check of the Kitchener Waterloo area shows stock of 32GB WiFi models in most local stores.
    02-24-13 09:49 PM
    I have talked to Blackberry customer service and they insist that they are available. I have contacted everyone that they say stocks them (Wind, Rogers, Telus, Staples, Walmart, Future Shop etc) and they all insist that Blackberry has discontinued the playbook.
    There is not really ""a PlayBook'. There is the older 1.0 GHZ WiFi PlayBook (historically sold at retail) and there is the newer 1.5 GHZ LTE PlayBook (sold only through carriers).

1.0 GHZ seems to be at scarcer and scarcer supply at retail suggesting it may be discontinued. They've already long announced they were 'sold out' of the 16 GB model and aggressive pricing of the 32 GB models and 64 GB models seemed to have caused them to do a disapearing act at retail.

PlayBook LTE is available, but it's not the bargain the WiFi one was and likely has to be ordered online/direct instead of through retail stores

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...led=P15032BLKR
    4G LTE? BlackBerry PlayBook? tablet | Tablets | TELUS Mobility
    02-25-13 12:04 PM