My PlayBook works relatively fine but there is a major crack across the screen probably from someone sitting on it. It happened without my knowledge.

I was going to send the PlayBook to RIM for rubber replacement a while ago but they never followed up on my case. Probably from staff shortage after the cuts. I have no time for dealing with them anyway. And because of this crack I will have to pay for the repair instead of having the rubber replaced under warranty.

The touch-sensitivity is still fine but I am considering changing the screen myself some time soon. I have seen a few vids on how to do it and am feeling confident.

Anyone recently bought the replacement part at a reasonable price? I found a few links to web suppliers on the forums but without success - out of stock messages.

Also, if someone could explain what the digitizer is, and what it does, so I can understand whether I should buy a replacement part with digitizer or without... that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    12-28-13 09:35 AM
    Not sure I'd want to get that intimate with my PB, but you can always find them on ebay.

playbook glass | eBay
    12-28-13 10:16 AM
    It's with ebay that I don't want to get intimate on my part

As for the screen repair, it seems like a lot of people do it. I know after cleaning my laptop fan I feel that I can save money and time on doing a few of those operations myself. These Youtube step-by-step videos help a lot.

Thanks anyway Lendo, ebay will be a last resort if I don't get any other answer.
    12-28-13 10:31 AM
    I love ebay. Got all my parts for my 9810 and 9900 there.
    12-28-13 10:35 AM
    Sorry for the reply on an old thread, but does blackberry not supply any parts for their devices? Don't think it is not that hard to replace the screen. Mine is starting to go and would like to get a spare one for when it does die.
    06-21-14 08:57 PM