I can feel your pain regarding the PB
    I have the same problem, no airline, bank or investment house
    I need a delta app, charles schwab, netflix, red hat, skype
    I now even lost my JP Morgan Chase on my BB 9780, I am the only one who can can deposit a check by taking a picture on my BB and emailing it to chase, no problem with Android and Iphone
    we waited to long for simple apps like netflix, skype, we should not need to beg RIM
    now we lost the bridge to the Z10, what the heck

RIM does not take care of us, why should we care of RIM
    we are stepchildren

I paid over 500 plus tax for my PB64, bought a $120 keyboard, a $45 cover, a $25 travel charger

there is not even a contact app where I can sync a 25,000 contact database to, so much for a professional tablet without apps

we have to learn to let our beloved PB go, there is no future, we will always limping along with one foot only

shame on you RIM for not delivering
    04-20-13 11:39 AM
    Sounds like someone forgot to do his research before dumping a load of money into a product he knows nothing about.
    04-20-13 12:08 PM
    Sounds like someone forgot to do his research before dumping a load of money into a product he knows nothing about.
    Love the car! You obviously are a person who researches before he buys!
    04-20-13 12:15 PM
    Agree with OP. PB lacks basic functionalities. Great hardware but not so great software and apps. Stock browser has checker issues, is slow to load, lacks responsiveness. There are several other issues. Half baked product that needs lots of work. Even RIM does not want to commit to resources to revive this product. They are more focused on revenue driving Z10 and Q10, which makes sense for a company that is battling for its existence.
    04-20-13 12:22 PM
    Agree with OP. PB lacks basic functionalities. Great hardware but not so great software and apps. Stock browser has checker issues, is slow to load, lacks responsiveness. There are several other issues. Half baked product that needs lots of work. Even RIM does not want to commit to resources to revive this product. They are more focused on revenue driving Z10 and Q10, which makes sense for a company that is battling for its existence.
    Well I shouldn't but I just can't help myself. Nothing I can say about the Q10, I haven't got one but if bb are fighting the battle for existence with the Z10 which I have two of, then we are all doomed!
    04-20-13 12:33 PM
    I want my 5 minutes back for reading this post.

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito and vespajet like this.
    04-20-13 12:34 PM
    Review published on pc pro.

"Another analyst, from Detwiler Fenton, said returns were actually outstripping sales. "We believe key retail partners have seen a significant increase in Z10 returns to the point where, in several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before," Detwiler analyst Jeff Johnston wrote in a report, suggesting the number of phones that had been returned was more than the number that remained with customers."
    04-20-13 12:38 PM
    Gloom and doom and misery every where. Sounds like the makings of a country song. I lost my heart to a Blackberry Playbook and she done me wrong.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-20-13 12:40 PM
    And Blackberry has hotly disputed the Detwiler Fenton report and asked both Canadian and US regulators to investigate Detwiler regarding this report. And other analysts that have looked into the Detwiler claim say there is nothing abnormal with the returns.
    04-20-13 12:44 PM
    If you talk to a local carrier outlet you'll see that it's a lie

We have stores around us not only often out of z10 stock, but the ran out of micro SIM cards trying to meet the demand.

I still want my 5 minutes back from the op.

Posted via CB10
    vespajet, srfinva and sad_old_man like this.
    04-20-13 12:55 PM
    Have three Playbook.... I purchase things for what they can do for me now... not what I hope they will be able to do down the road... would have a bit more empathy if RIM had promised a whole whack of apps and features and failed to delivery...I could see the OP point... but being a first adopter I can tell you they did not...I researched ...bought my Playbook for bridge with my 9800 and web browsing... Playbook has done that well since I bought it... hence no complaints from me... If I wanted media consumption I would have bought a Kindle Fire... If I wanted the latest and greatest apps,,...I would have bought an Apple...If I wanted to tinker I would have bought an Android.... in the end it is research...research and research some more....
    srfinva likes this.
    04-20-13 01:04 PM
    ihave a PB 64gb just for media consumption. just ditch it if u arent happy with it and buy a WP8 tabelt
    04-20-13 01:17 PM

We have stores around us not only often out of z10 stock, but the ran out of micro SIM cards trying to meet the demand.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever it means, if you get your five minutes back could you get five for me as well please?

No make that ten minutes please!
    04-20-13 02:06 PM
    I want my 5 minutes back for reading this post.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that would be possible... but you can make even i.e. post something that will waste other readers' time like yours... now, if my theory is right, once everyone lost 5 minutes of their life for reading your post, then you lost nothing... you lost nothing if everyone lost it too, right?... it is like that "5 minutes" is never existed...

(*sigh*... I lost another minutes for posting on this thread... hope someone will reply so I'll get even...)

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-13 08:29 AM
    2 very long years since the Playbook was released and so many good things promised for it... what do we have now? No BB10 or a still messy and buggy BB10 at that, no apps, no future.

Maybe the best thing that could happen is for Samsung, Lenovo or HTC to buy off QNX from the rotting carcass that is Blackberry. The new owners could do a much better job than the current one.
    shaankaleem likes this.
    04-21-13 09:14 AM
    Seems to have all the apps I need. Love the cheap games, Amazon prime videos look nice on my hdtv through it, and I got mine for 100 used. Guess it just depends on what you want it for.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-13 10:58 AM
    Seems to have all the apps I need. Love the cheap games, Amazon prime videos look nice on my hdtv through it, and I got mine for 100 used. Guess it just depends on what you want it for.

Posted via CB10
    That is the bottom line - for any device.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-21-13 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Out of stock or won't stock? Don't forget the Samsung and other devices use the same size sim card? Do you want to borrow five minutes?
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-21-13 01:14 PM
    Out of stock or won't stock? Don't forget the Samsung and other devices use the same size sim card? Do you want to borrow five minutes?
    Have you got time in a bottle?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-21-13 01:16 PM
    Have you got time in a bottle?
    Ships go in bottles, time goes bye!
    anon(4067838) and shaankaleem like this.
    04-21-13 01:33 PM
    there are no new Apps coming for the PB OS 2.1 thast for sure, I have not seen any for a couple of weeks/months

we still don't know if there is a BB OS10 for the PB, if yes we don't know if we have a bridge to the Z10 and Q10
    and we don,t know if Z10 phone apps will work on the PB
    Plus we have no timing for any of these open questions

if the z10 and q10 will not work out well, than there will not be a new tablet

and we can rename our PB to PB version Edsel
    04-21-13 01:44 PM
    Ships go in bottles, time goes bye!
    I wondered what you did with all those bottles.
    04-21-13 02:13 PM
    So many ships and so little time!
    shaankaleem likes this.
    04-21-13 02:22 PM
    Rewriting Jim Croce

If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that I'd like to do
    Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
    Just to spend them with great brandy,pasties and ships in a bottle

But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do once you find them
    I've looked around enough to know
    That these are the ones I want to go through time with
    04-21-13 02:53 PM
    Nice troll lol,

Out of stock at the time waiting on shipments. I know the employees at the three locations near me.

They don't care about Samsung and other devices - plenty of stock and people here haven't been asking for them in large demand.

And yes please I would gladly like 5 more minutes added to my life.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:00 PM
47 12