my fam takes their playbooks (yes plural) travelling =) they record movies and photos (most recently in europe)
    10-30-13 08:35 AM
    Even though i still use my playbook, ill be moving over to the new ipad mini with retina.

Just a shame at how Blackberry killed off the playbook by saying no BB10.

But life goes on and for me i think the new ipad mini will suit my needs better, still keeping my BB10 phone though..wont be changing to apple or android for as long as i can.
    10-30-13 08:36 AM
    I just purchased a surface pro. Like someone just said, the tablet experience is frustrating, but I only expect it to get better with time.

Technology is going to make the playbook die long before the hardware itself doesn't work...in fact, apple has relied on this every year for its iphones.

I'm going to Thailand over Christmas and my playbook (read cheap and disposable if stolen) will be my only electronic device. After that, I will probably never turn it on again
    seemsixty7 likes this.
    10-30-13 08:38 AM
    My Playbook died a few times, I was able to debrick a couple of times, and the latest update helped a lot, but it was still having some issues. I ended up getting the Nexus7. Its not as intuitive to use but it works. In comparison, I didn't see how over time my Playbook was showing its age. The N7 really picks up wifi quickly, and from a greater distance. Same with the Bluetooth. If some genius wanted to make a name for themselves, they would figure out how to get BB10 working on the Nexus 7.
    10-30-13 08:57 AM
    When my PlayBook dies, it would most likely be a Windoze tablet, since I have a Q10 and an Android phone as well, thought I'd mix things up a bit. Had an iPad and iPhone for a few days earlier this year, just not complicated enough for me........
    10-30-13 09:13 AM
    I'm actually very surprised to hear that you had a bad experience with tech support. I have seen many posters talk about some very positive experiences, especially after the 1 year warranty has already passed. I had some problems with my PlayBook after it was already almost 2 years old since I was also a Day 1 purchaser in 2011. I ended up with Tier 2 support and they were beyond helpful. They actually had me send activity logs to them and they noticed a number of QNX errors. Needless to say, they sent me a brand new one (not refurbished) and I was good to go.

I do find it strange that you'd have a problem with getting a replacement on a PlayBook that's less than a year old since it's still under the basic warranty. Call them again and remember, BE NICE to them on the phone. Keep in mind that many of them or their friends are worried about heir jobs, especially as we go into the holidays, so don't be nasty or sarcastic.
    10-30-13 09:15 AM
    Mine will never die ! I have faith in it.

Worse case scenario is I take it to bits and collectively my family work out how to fix it , nothing is beyond repair , most things we have are hybrid made from things we fixed
    10-30-13 09:35 AM
    they should release an update to the pb to let at home devs have root access.
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    10-30-13 09:37 AM
    they should release an update to the pb to let at home devs have root access.
    Now that's what I'm talking about! I reckon I'm going to snap up batteries and the screen and keep my PB for us long as possible.......should've held on to my commodore 64!
    castoridae likes this.
    10-30-13 10:29 AM
    I don't use my playbook at all anymore. It just sits on my side table in it's case. It looks more like a leatherbound book.

I wish BBRY would give us an unlocked bootloader -- could make great use of that hardware if we could put whatever OS we wanted to on it.

otherwise I would probably just get a cheap nexus tablet. Still not a fan of iOS
    10-30-13 11:12 AM
    I buried my Playbook long ago -- I recently took it out just to do some surfing as it was accessible to me but when I did, I realized how "old" it looked and felt. I've got an iPad and use it for most of my tablet needs and when it conks out, I'll replace it with another iPad.
    10-30-13 11:22 AM
    Funny.... many new computers now come with touchscreens because so many young people find using a mouse and keyboard to be "out dated".

Many tablets do allow for keyboard and mouse input if you so want. The attraction of a Surface Pro is that it is like any Windows computer.
    I can input far quicker with a mouse and keyboard rather than tapping on a screen and tapping is quite frustrating found that out very soon after buying the PB, used IPAD and found the same. My playbook basically gets used as a media player, it has much better speakers than my wifes Android, my kids use it all the time to watch Youtube, and has plenty of memory for mp4 videos.
    10-30-13 11:31 AM
    I never had the rapid charger. Using a 1Ah on my PB, I hope that means slower cell death.
    Why? - is using the rapid charger hard on the battery?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-30-13 11:32 AM
    well so far I've only run across a six foot mouse and everyone else is Goofy.
    Ummm, that's not a 6 foot mouse - that's a beaver
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-30-13 11:44 AM
    Ummm, that's not a 6 foot mouse - that's a beaver
    I waz there beaver and I iz katagorikly telling you it was a SIX FOOT MOUSE and I was frikend a lot..........
    dphjeff likes this.
    10-30-13 12:14 PM
    I just purchased a surface pro. Like someone just said, the tablet experience is frustrating, but I only expect it to get better with time.
    Did you get the Surface Pro 2? If so, how is it?
    sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    10-30-13 12:19 PM
    The latest Nexus 7. Never a locked bootloader again.

I own the tablet, if the company stops supporting it, it's my right to change the software on it.
    10-30-13 12:24 PM
    Did you get the Surface Pro 2? If so, how is it?
    AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh its the mouse, run for your lives.............man the lifeboats...........pilots and pilots first.........
    10-30-13 12:38 PM
    Definity try and Fix the PlayBook or buy another one that doesnt have that battery problem. When all PlayBook opportunities dry up iPad Mini with Retina Display. Its the only viable replacement for me.
    10-30-13 03:23 PM
    Definity try and Fix the PlayBook or buy another one that doesnt have that battery problem. When all PlayBook opportunities dry up iPad Mini with Retina Display. Its the only viable replacement for me.
    I will never buy an iPad - overpriced and overrated. I love to hate Apple
    10-30-13 03:39 PM
    AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh its the mouse, run for your lives.............man the lifeboats...........pilots and pilots first.........
    Just what is a pilot doing on a ship? I believe captain is the term you're looking for Lep.
    10-30-13 03:41 PM
    My PlayBook is already dead. Won't charge up.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 03:49 PM
    My PlayBook is already dead. Won't charge up.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    That's horrible - how long did you have it before it died?
    10-30-13 03:57 PM
    Where are all we Playbook users going to go when all our Playbooks finally die?
    We'll all go to the wake (come to think of it, this probably already is it), we'll go to the funeral, we'll go to the reading of the will and once we've figured out there is nothing good to inherit, we all go home, never to speak to the others again (like most families do).
    castoridae likes this.
    10-30-13 04:28 PM
    We'll all go to the wake (come to think of it, this probably already is it), we'll go to the funeral, we'll go to the reading of the will and once we've figured out there is nothing good to inherit, we all go home, never to speak to the others again (like most families do).
    Are you saying you need a break from us critters?
    castoridae likes this.
    10-30-13 04:51 PM
126 ... 23456