Hopefully by the time my PlayBook dies the Z30 will be affordable and I will get that as a replacement Or another PlayBook of course if they are still being sold
    10-29-13 03:45 PM
    By that time there will be another PlayBook #swag #bb4lyfe #weallfanbois #beerisgood

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:55 PM
    I just ordered two of the Playbook Charging pods with the quick charge port. I imagine I can use these as stands to provide power directly, not sure if that will actually work or not, but it should.
    As far as tablet goes, I've been considering he MS Surface Pro 2 256GB version. I could actually use this for development efforts and running AutoCAD and other PC type apps..
    10-29-13 03:58 PM
    For work I still rely heavily on my playbook. Other departments switched to iPads only to have them flop (even at the police department), they are all back to using Blackberry phones (switched up to BES10). Playbook is still the only "approved" tablet for me on our government network, but have heard from the I.T. people that the Surface 2 is in talks to being integrated into the departments. So I would have to say if my Playbook finally dies, I will have to go with a Surface 2 tablet.
    Houshinto likes this.
    10-29-13 04:07 PM
    I love using the PB with my Bold 9900. It's one of the reasons I haven't changed phones yet .........as well as no trackpads

I am a very loyal customer and never look at other products believing BB is best, but I happened to be in an office type store the other day and was shocked at the fluid feel and speed of all competitor tablets.Technology doesn't stand still.
    Wish the PB was that fast but I can't see me ditching it. I'll probably just change the battery.
    dphjeff, castoridae and neoberry99 like this.
    10-29-13 04:10 PM
    yea that windows new tablet or whatever they are calling it ... because its not quite called a tablet
    dphjeff and shaydor like this.
    10-29-13 04:20 PM
    Already replaced with Samsung Note
    Banco likes this.
    10-29-13 04:43 PM
    I doubt the direct replacement for mine is out yet. I tend not to use things to oblivion, but equally I'm not a fanatical upgrader. So I don't have anything in mind just yet and will wait and see. I still enjoy the PlayBook while recognizing its limitations.
    dphjeff, castoridae and togarika like this.
    10-29-13 05:08 PM
    For work I still rely heavily on my playbook. Other departments switched to iPads only to have them flop (even at the police department), they are all back to using Blackberry phones (switched up to BES10). Playbook is still the only "approved" tablet for me on our government network, but have heard from the I.T. people that the Surface 2 is in talks to being integrated into the departments. So I would have to say if my Playbook finally dies, I will have to go with a Surface 2 tablet.
    Yeah, I work for the government - they just upgraded our old PCs that had Explorer to laptoos with windows 7 - welcome to Canada!
    10-29-13 08:51 PM
    Kindle Fire HDX 7 or Surface Pro
    10-29-13 08:59 PM
    Tough choice. Specially since by the time my playbook dies there will be numerous newer tablets out. When the time comes if/when my PB dies then I will most likely lean towards a windows device. Until that dreaded day I will continue to rock my playbook everyday all day as I have been.
    10-29-13 09:03 PM
    Its over, its all over. I'll probably go ipad air
    milo53 likes this.
    10-29-13 09:36 PM
    This is the elephant in the room: Another thread mentioned that the playbook battery starts to die from the time the device is made - not from when you buy it.

This means everyone's playbooks are going to start to die around the same time.

Well, what then?
    Are we all left stranded like the crew on a lost spaceship waiting for the air/food to run out? -
    Just drifting around the Crackberry site, checking the Playbook forum from time to time; wonderding if there's a peep on it - like survivors in the end of the world movies who keep checking their radios for a signal.

Just thought I'd ask since I'm a big fan of end of the world movies - and now interested in this real life senario.
    As a member of an endangered specie, you need to allow your Playbook going out to see other Playbooks, maybe they will start a new family and have kids. That's the only way out.
    castoridae and LyoobaBerry like this.
    10-29-13 10:08 PM
    I'll wait awhile, and continue to use my laptop when it dies. By then something will be out besides an Apple or Android.
    castoridae likes this.
    10-29-13 10:22 PM
    I never had the rapid charger. Using a 1Ah on my PB, I hope that means slower cell death.
    10-29-13 10:25 PM
    The iPad Air is the logical choice if you are going to be rational about it. The reviews are in and they are uniformly great. Very light and thin with tons of battery life. Either that or the iPad Mini if you want something more portable.

And, if you go that way, try not to come back here and sigh as if if you are being forced into doing something you don't want to do. Relish in it. You just bought the best tablet on the market.
    10-29-13 10:26 PM
    My PB has developed a lump, anyone else have a lump (hot) lump on the back? Not even a year old. Also will not turn off, must try a few times. Called for Service, Ha Ha!

I get a feeling things are WORSE at BB than we think.

My buddy left his iPad on roof of car, after using the location tool, the police returned his badly damaged iPad. He took it to Apple Store and the gave him a Refurbed Similar model. Now that's incredible service.

After today's phone call, I realize it's over folks, they could give a **** my PB is about to explode. RIM/Blackberry does not give a ******* **** about customers.
    10-29-13 10:32 PM
    Z30 or its replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:36 PM
    Probably just keep it plugged in to use it...
    10-29-13 10:41 PM
    IPad Mini with Retina display to go with my iPhone 5 but I'm in no hurry. Still using my PlayBook daily.
    10-30-13 12:30 AM
    I'll probably wait and see if BlackBerry ever tries its hand again at tablets. I don't forsee my playbook cutting out anytime soon. Still working well and I use it heavily everyday. So glad I got 64gb's. Almost out of space
    10-30-13 02:26 AM
    But I was told there is no future for tablets
    10-30-13 03:19 AM
    Some sort of android tablet or Microsoft maybe but I find the whole tablet experience quite frustrating compared with a good old mouse and keyboard so maybe nothing stopping all
    10-30-13 03:46 AM
    I think that I will head to the Z30. I have been also toying with the Idea of trying to upgrade the ram on teh playbook and loading a leaked 10.2. XXX. Don,t know if that is feasible or possible, just toying with the idea
    10-30-13 07:45 AM
    Some sort of android tablet or Microsoft maybe but I find the whole tablet experience quite frustrating compared with a good old mouse and keyboard so maybe nothing stopping all
    Funny.... many new computers now come with touchscreens because so many young people find using a mouse and keyboard to be "out dated".

Many tablets do allow for keyboard and mouse input if you so want. The attraction of a Surface Pro is that it is like any Windows computer.
    10-30-13 08:02 AM
126 12345 ...