I have squirreled away a few more PlayBooks. When the screen-cracked one finally gives up the ghost, it'll be spare parts for the next one. I'll just have to remember to charge the extras every few months so they don't completely lose their charges. I use the cracked one everyday to open/check suspicious emails and whenever I think I may need security. I was told "BBRY is more secure because it's more obscure." Oh, how I love the obscurity! Feels like I'm part of an elite group.
    castoridae likes this.
    10-29-13 12:44 PM
    That's not right at all! All PB batteries are conditioned at pre-determined battery levels depending on the work order placed by BB engineering teams. So like any other battery they start their usage cycle the first time you charge them! Even if there is a SW update that needs to be installed after the unit is packaged, its run through the conditioning line again in packaging at the manufacturer.
    Are you certain about this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but some of the gurus on this site, seem to believe otherwise.
    10-29-13 12:47 PM
    Ill keep mine going as long as it can b/c I will start trying to have a baby so it will be a great baby toy and can use it to put kids movies for any time we are in the car. That will be well worth it and can use it as a baby camera. throw skype on it and run it on my wifes ipad mini
    10-29-13 12:49 PM
    I realize this may now be the answer you are looking for but, just because your battery dies doesn't mean you should replace it. Look at this: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Black...+Teardown/5265

Easy to get to the battery with some tools and patience. A quick ebay search revealed some cheap replacement batteries Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:55 PM
    PlayBook LTE?

Fired from my Z10
    10-29-13 01:05 PM
    i hope blackberry really does something on the tablet front ASAP!!
    10-29-13 01:10 PM
    I have squirreled away a few more PlayBooks. When the screen-cracked one finally gives up the ghost, it'll be spare parts for the next one. I'll just have to remember to charge the extras every few months so they don't completely lose their charges. I use the cracked one everyday to open/check suspicious emails and whenever I think I may need security. I was told "BBRY is more secure because it's more obscure." Oh, how I love the obscurity! Feels like I'm part of an elite group.
    You most definitely are part of an elite group - they're quite snobby too especially when it comes to any of those 'other' tablets
    10-29-13 01:32 PM
    You most definitely are part of an elite group - they're quite snobby too especially when it comes to any of those 'other' tablets
    Other tablets??? What other tablets?
    10-29-13 01:33 PM
    I am listening!
    Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    10-29-13 01:39 PM
    Now you did it beaver!
    10-29-13 01:44 PM
    i hope blackberry really does something on the tablet front ASAP!!
    I remember feeling that way about a year and a half ago.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    Been asking myself the same question lately. My 64GB PlayBook starting to act strange. Suddenly turns off the screen or shows some wicked palette of colors. It even heats like crazy when turned off. Mind you, all these bad things didn't happen before the latest update. Anyways, I realize my PB is old already and gonna rest in peace soon.

So, my eyes look towards Nexus 7 tablet right now. But I'd be sooooooo happy to know that BlackBerry has even a slightest intention of reviving the PB project and breathing a new life into it. I'd buy any tablet from BlackBerry without any doubts.

So far reality has been cruel to us, PB users. Need to be strong.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    Now you did it beaver!
    hey duck whos the dorky beaver calling a snob? tell him to look at what F (version to be announced) wants to do with his arse?
    Cynycl, dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    10-29-13 02:21 PM
    hey duck whos the dorky beaver calling a snob? tell him to look at what F (version to be announced) wants to do with his arse?
    It has seemed that the beaver has grown a pair sense her first posting. crap I believe your rubbing off on her.
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    10-29-13 02:33 PM
    I'm going to Disneyland
    Carl Estes and dazzleaj like this.
    10-29-13 02:35 PM
    I'm going to Disneyland
    Aren't you already here?
    Cynycl and dazzleaj like this.
    10-29-13 02:40 PM
    Other tablets??? What other tablets?
    probably the Nexus 7 for me. Going to wait and see if there will be any "Black what-ever-day" sales...

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-29-13 02:41 PM
    Aren't you already here?
    well so far I've only run across a six foot mouse and everyone else is Goofy.
    Carl Estes and dphjeff like this.
    10-29-13 02:42 PM
    I haven't noticed any issues with my battery life, on a Day 1 64GB, but I've all but lost my patience with it...I'm switching to a Kindle Fire HDX, since our household is fully ingrained in the Amazon/Audible ecosystem. Although, I've got my sights set on a Surface Pro 2, as well - not sure if I'll still need the HDX when I finally pull the trigger on that purchase.

IF BB decides to put another tablet out, some day, I'll probably give it a try - but I won't be holding my breath for that day.
    10-29-13 02:51 PM
    Will just be Z30 then.
    10-29-13 03:10 PM
    I'll probably go w/ a Windows based tablet. App store will be much more plentiful then as I expect my BB Playbook to last quite awhile. Am not a big tablet user so battery life shouldn't be an issue for quite some time.

If BBRY is still around in another form, I'll certainly look into it as I expect another company will not have as limited a vision as RIM does/did.
    10-29-13 03:15 PM
    Don't start planning now. In 2 years the mobile landscape can change a lot.
    10-29-13 03:16 PM
    Will either upgrade the Z10 to the Z30, or buy a Playbook LTE for the processor if it dies within the next year.
    10-29-13 03:18 PM
    A few weeks ago, I bought the new Samsung 10.1 2014 edition and love it! 20 second boot from off compared to the painfully long PB. Love the bigger screen and everything about it! PB is used for Granddaughter painting and word apps.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-29-13 03:27 PM
    Surface 2

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:43 PM
126 1234 ...