Is it possible to change back to the official version of the OS?
    And do all apps work with the beta release?
    As suggested you should check the site but you can roll back to the official but you may have to wipe and reload the OS and there's a waiting period. And, not all apps work from what I've read but most do.
    07-09-12 03:30 PM
    Still no update!!! 16 hours!
    07-09-12 04:29 PM
    Still no update!!! 16 hours!
    You might want to resubmit your info.
    07-09-12 05:10 PM
    Thanks F2... I actually did right after that post. Still nothing. I submitted for two Playbooks and haven't gotten anything still.
    07-09-12 07:34 PM
    Thanks F2... I actually did right after that post. Still nothing. I submitted for two Playbooks and haven't gotten anything still.
    Since others seem to have gotten it lately, the puts the kiboosh on my theory - it is coming soon so why have any more testers! But I don't really expect rim to get it released in July anyway!
    bastospn likes this.
    07-09-12 09:46 PM
    I checked their forum and it seems there are several complaining about the same thing as me. I guess they did pull it, to go live hopefully soon.
    07-09-12 11:59 PM
    forget 2.1 whens 2.2 coming out, im using 2.1 beta and its , Slower browser, lots of checkerboarding, random crashes of stuff, but oh wow Vertical email, ffs give me a break, i hate this playbook its pure , the only thing i use it for now is angry birds and watching films/TV what a useless tablet RIM you should be embarrassed, where are these awesome built in Cascades apps for music, films, and browsing, i hope you shrivel up and die rim because you are full of sh*t.

Nexus 7 here i come
    Last edited by BackDaws; 07-10-12 at 07:21 AM.
    07-10-12 07:19 AM
    ^^^^ wow why don't you just say how you really feel. Lol

Bye, maybe see ya posting something in the android forums since you not be posting here any longer.
    07-10-12 08:04 AM
    Yup, a new clock/calendar app - it runs 3 months SLOW!
    Sry, but that's for BB10 phones. PB will come after, hopefully quickly.
    07-10-12 08:46 AM
    I checked their forum and it seems there are several complaining about the same thing as me. I guess they did pull it, to go live hopefully soon.
    Same for me...
    I registered 24h ago, still no update available
    07-10-12 04:08 PM
    This is a little off topic but i am the OP so i think its alright.
    Someone earlier in this thread said you can bridge one song at a time...how do you bridge it?? I cant figure it out.
    07-11-12 12:47 AM
    Mine (64GB) doesn't hang, I don't have any browser issues and my wifi is wonderful. Never had any software issues with it, whatsoever.

The only item that I've ever noticed was the on/off button being recessed. But I get around that mostly by using standby and never turning it off.

We have 7 PBs (4@64GB and 3@16GB) in my family and I have bever heard a complaint from anyone.

Wierd eh?
    +1 I also don't have any problems.
    07-11-12 02:15 AM
    The decision to cancel all vacation and make programmers work non stop around the calendar until bb10 is released proves that they KNOW this is a problem on RIM's side. Quite frankly, you have to ask yourself whether RIM is simply competant to do the job anymore.
    Even if the development team manages to have BlackBerry 10 ready for release in 1Q2013 the entire management team should be sacked immediately afterwards. Send an unequivocal message - delays and lies and consequences.
    07-11-12 08:37 AM
    Even if the development team manages to have BlackBerry 10 ready for release in 1Q2013 the entire management team should be sacked immediately afterwards. Send an unequivocal message - delays and lies and consequences.

Ah yes...management via temper tantrum. It's a no brainer. Literally.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-11-12 09:00 AM
    Sure hope 2.1 smooths the OS out. It's needs more optimizing for the dualcore 1ghz processor...It's surely could be a bit more snappy. Especially in the browser, im experiencing alot of lagg where the menu is concerned. Its simply painful having to switch between tabs, all this is recent with the latest OS 2.0.1.358. Bridge connection needs work also. Browser speeds on my playbook is fast enough, just give me less checkerboarding.

Give me the above, bookmark manager, equalizer, revamped video player and i can say job well done for playbook OS... On to BB10.
    MasterOfBinary and bodjor like this.
    07-11-12 12:27 PM
    The decision to cancel all vacation and make programmers work non stop around the calendar until bb10 is released proves that they KNOW this is a problem on RIM's side. Quite frankly, you have to ask yourself whether RIM is simply competant to do the job anymore.[/i]
    In my many years with business experience in implementing projects, when a company make a decision like this, it means the project is in DEEP trouble.
    bodjor likes this.
    07-11-12 12:46 PM
    Anyone know what is expected in 2.1?
    I doubt rim will say anything about content because they have been stung too many times in the past promising and not delivering.
    07-11-12 02:09 PM
    This is a little off topic but i am the OP so i think its alright.
    Someone earlier in this thread said you can bridge one song at a time...how do you bridge it?? I cant figure it out.
    Once you have a BlackBerry and the PlayBook connected via Bridge, set your phone down and use the native file manager app to go through the folders on your BlackBerry SD card till you find a song you want to play. Open it and there you go.

I was actually just showing my wife this last night.
    Although I would really like this to work through the "Open on" function, currently it doesn't.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-11-12 at 10:21 PM. Reason: More info
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-11-12 10:18 PM
    the update changes the android runtime each app runs in second window, better encryption and it will fix a pet peeve of mine email will run in portrait view
    07-12-12 08:23 AM
    Mine (64GB) doesn't hang, I don't have any browser issues and my wifi is wonderful. Never had any software issues with it, whatsoever.

The only item that I've ever noticed was the on/off button being recessed. But I get around that mostly by using standby and never turning it off.

We have 7 PBs (4@64GB and 3@16GB) in my family and I have bever heard a complaint from anyone.

Wierd eh?
    I keep mine in a convertible case. I never use buttons or take it out of it only if it for hard reset. All functions volume etc are easily accessed within the playbook drop down functions menu. Once in standby as long as you keep it charged there is no issue.

I reboot seldom- the other day I had to reboot due to native email client not working but reboot fixed it.

Browser very stable when it hangs I just refresh.

Wifi depends on strength of your router.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-12-12 at 08:37 AM.
    07-12-12 08:28 AM
    As far as netflix and skype. Skype is certainly useful if you have international personal and business contacts; however netflix isnt. I have had a new ipad for last 2 months; however I have only used the netflix app to test it. I have never used it on the go. Perhaps if people dont like the fact that netflix isnt avail on the playbook they should get a gf. People with a social life rarely watch netflix at starbucks.
    CairnsRock, Bobert_123 and Jince like this.
    07-12-12 08:34 AM
    I doubt rim will say anything about content because they have been stung too many times in the past promising and not delivering.
    And when they do deliver a new release, they don't even tell you what's in them. I expect release notes from RIM, but instead I find out what's in the release from the user community sharing their discoveries on a message board.

That's so bush league.
    07-12-12 08:45 AM
    Updating my Galaxy Tab 7.7 to ICS this summer...

The playbook is with my Mum who wants to display photos. She's not happy that it cannot play any movie 100% guaranteed though. But she has sudoku and a few light games for her grand-children, so she doesn't complain.

I would be surprised if 2.1 would bring more video formats support. Let alone podcasts in Europe, because of "legal limitations" that don't exist on any other tablet, computer or smartphone...
    07-13-12 05:59 PM
    the update changes the android runtime each app runs in second window, better encryption and it will fix a pet peeve of mine email will run in portrait view
    Oh and here i thought it was just a minor upgrade. If it the major update is the android runtime and email in protrait mode. wow count me in!!!! i'm going to go get me another playbook.

GMAFB
    07-13-12 06:05 PM
    Lo quiero, lo quiero, lo quiero!
    I want it, want it, want it!
    07-19-12 08:50 PM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD