Maybe this is a noobish question, but since i dunno squat about developing, its no prob ^^

How can they improve the Browser speed with the same hardware?(They're kinda slow;same prob with my 8520).

What do u thinks its going to be new on 2.1?

Another question asked already by another user , but to which i do recall seeing any reply:

Will we be able to use BB10 on the 1ghz, 1 Ram PB?

gratz

Pedro.

Sent by Me!
    07-08-12 08:17 AM
    16 gig and in mint condition but don't know the price yet. Keeping a watch on ebay to see what they are going for.
    It is definitely going though.
    I am looking for another 64GB.

You could you post your 16GB in the Marketplace on this site?
    07-08-12 08:20 AM
    Maybe this is a noobish question, but since i dunno squat about developing, its no prob ^^

How can they improve the Browser speed with the same hardware?(They're kinda slow;same prob with my 8520).

What do u thinks its going to be new on 2.1?

Another question asked already by another user , but to which i do recall seeing any reply:

Will we be able to use BB10 on the 1ghz, 1 Ram PB?

gratz

Pedro.

Sent by Me!
    First the pb browser has nothing to do with your 8520 browser. It will be improved when they do something to handle java script better, turn it of and see the difference.

It's been said on here many times what will or is supposed to be new, text messages on pb plus more, look it up on here.

Yes the pb will get bb10 around the time the phones come out.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    07-08-12 08:25 AM
    tks

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 08:43 AM
    New question.. Is the 2.1 software upgrade similar or the same as the supposed BB10 software for playbook. If I bought a new PlayBook, would existing hardware support new 2.1 and BB10 software?
    07-08-12 01:47 PM
    BB10 pretty much IS 2.1, only supporting more platforms and native features of the phones I imagine, probably a different UI. Both based on QNX operating system. Yes existing playbook hardware would support BB10. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I will soon be corrected.

Anyone know what is expected in 2.1?
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-08-12 at 01:57 PM.
    07-08-12 01:54 PM
    Hopefully sooner than soon.

Those with browsing trouble, ever try with java script off?
    I have and it does work better, for the most part. However, I'd like to be able to use the browser with the default settings. :-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-08-12 02:08 PM
    I have and it does work better, for the most part. However, I'd like to be able to use the browser with the default settings. :-)
    Me too so I don't mind waiting a few more seconds
    07-08-12 02:13 PM
    Its in the app developers hands as a beta
    I was using the 2.1 DevBeta and found I was running into problems with Youtube and Tablet TV. Not sue whether it was a Flash or HTML 5 issue. I'm sure this was one of the first fixes because it was being reported by several developers.
    07-08-12 07:13 PM
    Mine (64GB) doesn't hang, I don't have any browser issues and my wifi is wonderful. Never had any software issues with it, whatsoever.

The only item that I've ever noticed was the on/off button being recessed. But I get around that mostly by using standby and never turning it off.

We have 7 PBs (4@64GB and 3@16GB) in my family and I have bever heard a complaint from anyone.

Wierd eh?

same here. no browser crashes at all. overall last 2.1 beta has improved androId player big times.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    07-08-12 07:28 PM
    don't care when 2.1 comes, as my device has been wiped and is sitting in it's box ready to be sold.
    I have had enough of this Professional Grade Tablet.

i've had samsung galaxy tab plus for few days and even though i like it overall android os (at least honecomb) blows and is no where near qnx. closing permanently android apps is so weird this is just not funny and non ability to hide task bar plainly sucks.
    but androId has some things whIch I am surprised rim has not implemented such as more built in video codecs etc. overall android is a mix ba. I am still debating if i should keep it or return it.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    07-08-12 07:35 PM
    Any new languages?
    07-08-12 08:19 PM
    Any new languages?
    It should have support for east Asia languages like Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.
    07-08-12 08:40 PM
    It should have support for east Asia languages like Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.
    OMG!?!?! Seriously??? That is all I've wanted! Can anyone confirm?? Thank you!!!
    07-09-12 12:03 AM
    waiiit.. when you say chinese.. do you mean inputting chinese by pinyin or by handwriting...
    07-09-12 01:02 AM
    https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

go to that website and you can get the beta there, you enter ur bb playbook PIN number (it tells you how to find that) and u submit! then it sends a OTA update to your device! real simple and very easy. I have it and its not big changes :/ but maybe they will add a feature or two in the final 2.1 version
    Been waiting over an hour. The wait is killing me!
    07-09-12 01:16 AM
    Don't hold your breath. I've been waiting 18 hours.
    07-09-12 04:30 AM
    OMG!?!?! Seriously??? That is all I've wanted! Can anyone confirm?? Thank you!!!
    I remember seeing in a Chinese forum that the 4g version has Chinese input, and also mentioned Japanese and Korean. I'm not 100% sure though as I don�t work for rim.

To me this is the only thing good in 2.1, the 2 features I want most are not there: native file management and unlimited emails.
    07-09-12 05:58 AM
    waiiit.. when you say chinese.. do you mean inputting chinese by pinyin or by handwriting...
    Pinyin input, not sure about handwriting.
    07-09-12 06:00 AM
    Don't hold your breath. I've been waiting 18 hours.
    I had it in about 20 minutes. The slow download speed was the killer for me.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 07-09-12 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    07-09-12 07:15 AM
    is this a new beta or the old 2.1.0.560
    07-09-12 09:51 AM
    https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

go to that website and you can get the beta there, you enter ur bb playbook PIN number (it tells you how to find that) and u submit! then it sends a OTA update to your device! real simple and very easy. I have it and its not big changes :/ but maybe they will add a feature or two in the final 2.1 version
    Is it possible to change back to the official version of the OS?
    And do all apps work with the beta release?
    07-09-12 12:54 PM
    Is it possible to change back to the official version of the OS?
    And do all apps work with the beta release?
    Read what it says on the site.

It answers both your questions.
    07-09-12 01:26 PM
    is this a new beta or the old 2.1.0.560
    You got it right.
    07-09-12 01:29 PM
    Read what it says on the site.

It answers both your questions.
    Sry, opened it on my PB and didn't scroll down that much...
    Now I know it!
    07-09-12 03:25 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD