The current OS is buggy. Hope 2.1 fixes the basic problems like hanging, browser issues and some problems with wifi.will we get BB10 10 upgrade too or is it for the new devices
    Is current hardware enough for BB10.I think now we are seeing 1.5ghz as standard. Ram 1 gb is fine I think.
    Mine (64GB) doesn't hang, I don't have any browser issues and my wifi is wonderful. Never had any software issues with it, whatsoever.

The only item that I've ever noticed was the on/off button being recessed. But I get around that mostly by using standby and never turning it off.

We have 7 PBs (4@64GB and 3@16GB) in my family and I have bever heard a complaint from anyone.

Wierd eh?
    07-07-12 06:19 AM
    My os takes 2 minutes to start and I get hanging problems after more than 1 hour use and it's worse if I start playing around with Android runtime. Native appear are okay but sometimes the browser menu freezes and I have to restart it. Do you think I should be contacting the support center.But these are difficult to reproduce simply. Anyways I will wait atleast till 2.1 upgrade before doing that. Can we get upgrade for BB10 10 when it releases.
    07-07-12 06:38 AM
    Mine (64GB) doesn't hang, I don't have any browser issues and my wifi is wonderful. Never had any software issues with it, whatsoever.

The only item that I've ever noticed was the on/off button being recessed. But I get around that mostly by using standby and never turning it off.

We have 7 PBs (4@64GB and 3@16GB) in my family and I have bever heard a complaint from anyone.

Wierd eh?
    I started with a 16gb PB, but later sold it and bought the 64gb because I needed a little more space. Power button was flush on the 16gb, but it is slightly raised on the 64gb version I have now. Only browser problem I have had was an occasional freeze, but it was/is very rare and it happens more often on my laptop and my PC than my PB. No wifi issues at all and I connect it daily to several different routers. Wierd or wonderful?

As for 2.1, really hoped we would have seen more frequent updates from day one, but the current beta is pretty good.
    nishvarma likes this.
    07-07-12 07:05 AM
    My os takes 2 minutes to start and I get hanging problems after more than 1 hour use and it's worse if I start playing around with Android runtime. Native appear are okay but sometimes the browser menu freezes and I have to restart it. Do you think I should be contacting the support center.But these are difficult to reproduce simply. Anyways I will wait atleast till 2.1 upgrade before doing that. Can we get upgrade for BB10 10 when it releases.
    I would certainly contact RIM PB support. What's the worst thing that can happen? What is the downside? You won't come out any worse off. You may even come out ahead.

Go for it.
    nishvarma likes this.
    07-07-12 07:58 AM
    Yeah but it's kinda happening after prolonged use and not like something you can show. So just thinking of waiting till 2.1 anway th email warranty is till next year. Btw will PB release 10 inch and also are there any schemes where I can exchange PB for the latest version I heard they have some scheme like that.If so I might even look at PB 10 inch
    07-07-12 08:31 AM
    Now for example the browser menu is not coming.by swiping down
    07-07-12 08:33 AM
    next week or the week after 2.1
    jononku likes this.
    07-07-12 09:06 AM

Wierd eh?
    Yesterday I was web browsing (or trying to) with my PB and getting frustrated with the checkerboarding and repeated Network error messages. So I fetched my old iPod 3 to see how they performed side-by-side. It was night and day. The ipod opened sites about twice as fast and crashed just once. The PB browser crashed twice, had repeated Network error messages and, after also trying Simple Browser, I finally gave up on it and settled for browsing with the ipod's smaller screen because it at least worked. And yes, I emptied the PB's cache and ran it without Flash on. But I at least took comfort from the fact that the PB is a 'professional grade' tablet.
    07-07-12 10:03 AM
    Try a security wipe?
    07-07-12 10:22 AM
    Yesterday I was web browsing (or trying to) with my PB and getting frustrated with the checkerboarding and repeated Network error messages. So I fetched my old iPod 3 to see how they performed side-by-side. It was night and day. The ipod opened sites about twice as fast and crashed just once. The PB browser crashed twice, had repeated Network error messages and, after also trying Simple Browser, I finally gave up on it and settled for browsing with the ipod's smaller screen because it at least worked. And yes, I emptied the PB's cache and ran it without Flash on. But I at least took comfort from the fact that the PB is a 'professional grade' tablet.
    I think you may have other issues with your wireless.
    07-07-12 10:22 AM
    I think you may have other issues with your wireless.
    I think the WiFi performance on the PB is not consistent. I have been comparing my PB with two others. The signal strength on mine is always a lot lower than the other two. It is so bad with an old linksys router that I have to literally sit beside the router for my PB to be useable. Whereas the other two PBs, I could walk away into the backyard for like 10 meters before I can hardly get any signal.
    07-07-12 10:55 AM
    Every morning I check for software updates and still nothing.
    07-07-12 10:58 AM
    Do you think someone here will let us know when it is ready? I broke my check for updates button back in February
    bbaleno and hpjrt like this.
    07-07-12 11:23 AM
    Now for example the browser menu is not coming.by swiping down
    This has been a persistent issue for me ever since the last OS. That combined with the uber slow browsing speeds + checkerboard galore, it's at times unbearable to use. Very, very weird as I never had any of those issues before, and unfortunately I don't feel like doing a security wipe knowing 2.1 is around the corner
    07-07-12 11:50 AM
    Hopefully sooner than soon.

Those with browsing trouble, ever try with java script off?
    07-07-12 12:06 PM
    I always thought middle-late July was the timeline for 2.1.

No need to get panicky over a yet to be announced release date OS update.
    07-07-12 03:14 PM
    https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

go to that website and you can get the beta there, you enter ur bb playbook PIN number (it tells you how to find that) and u submit! then it sends a OTA update to your device! real simple and very easy. I have it and its not big changes :/ but maybe they will add a feature or two in the final 2.1 version
    07-07-12 03:34 PM
    don't care when 2.1 comes, as my device has been wiped and is sitting in it's box ready to be sold.
    I have had enough of this Professional Grade Tablet.
    07-07-12 05:00 PM
    don't care when 2.1 comes, as my device has been wiped and is sitting in it's box ready to be sold.
    I have had enough of this Professional Grade Tablet.
    What size PB is it? What condition? How much you asking?
    glassofpinot likes this.
    07-07-12 07:31 PM
    Sad but true.
    Yes, you right
    avroe likes this.
    07-07-12 10:08 PM
    New question. What is this playlist bug everyone's mentioning?? I didn't know you could bridge music. How do you do that?
    07-07-12 10:20 PM
    You can "bridge" one song at a time.

But the playlist bug is that if you import additional playlists, they pb does not necessarily respect the order in which the songs are listed. It does not seem strictly alphabetic but they are not played in the order they appear in the pl.
    07-08-12 12:45 AM
    Same here Im sending my 64G for repair again soon as I get back gona sell it
    07-08-12 12:47 AM
    Same here Im sending my 64G for repair again soon as I get back gona sell it
    Curious. How much do you want for it?
    07-08-12 01:08 AM
    What size PB is it? What condition? How much you asking?
    16 gig and in mint condition but don't know the price yet. Keeping a watch on ebay to see what they are going for.
    It is definitely going though.
    07-08-12 04:06 AM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD