They should of released it by now.
    02-18-12 04:58 AM
    Last I read was that they are holding up since a lot of new bridge technology is OS2.0 dependent. So would make sense to release it together..

This is one update I am really looking forward to.. As of now, its good to have the feature.. but it takes a beating.. not as fluid as everything else.. Will be amazing once its seamless..

Its great that I will be able to use my current 9810 on OS7 for a year before its time to switch to QNX/BB10.. Bridge will be a true mirror then and internet will not be teethering anymore. Will be able to use my unlimited plan with no teethering charges!
    Superfly_FR and sam_g_84 like this.
    02-18-12 05:20 AM
    Do you NOT get news from Crackberry, BB Empire, Berry Review, BB OS, etc, etc?!? If you did then you would know the "official" release date and everything else pertaining to what's going on. You should subscribe to some rss feeds! There's great info out there.

BTW: Look for the update at 4:01am on the 21st.
    02-18-12 06:08 AM
    You are close to correct... they planned on releasing it earlier than the update (because thats what they normally do), but this time they have found that the bridge doesnt work without 2.0 already being installed.... so they are planning on releasing it at the same time (February 21st at 4:01am pacific time is the going word).
    02-18-12 06:22 AM
    I'm just wondering what the h*ll teethering is?
    02-18-12 07:07 AM
    In all probability i will be traveling when the update is delivered. I just want to make sure that I have it straight about updating my PB to OS2 and my phone with the latest Bridge app. The OS2 update can be accomplished through a wifi connection and does not require a computer and the Bridge update will be done through the appworld by using the normal phone connection and also does not require a computer. Is that correct? I do not want to bring a computer with me, if not necessary, on my travels.

Thanks, John
    02-18-12 07:20 AM
    They would be released at the same time...
    02-18-12 07:52 AM
    In all probability i will be traveling when the update is delivered. I just want to make sure that I have it straight about updating my PB to OS2 and my phone with the latest Bridge app. The OS2 update can be accomplished through a wifi connection and does not require a computer and the Bridge update will be done through the appworld by using the normal phone connection and also does not require a computer. Is that correct? I do not want to bring a computer with me, if not necessary, on my travels.

Thanks, John
    OS2 can be OTA = WIFI : you're correct.
    Bridge app = AppWorld Update Direct from your phone : you're correct.
    02-18-12 07:55 AM
    X2

(p.s. - homer....... that made my day.... perfect timing )
    02-18-12 08:13 AM
    Superfly,

Thank you
    02-18-12 08:18 AM
    Its my take on 'Teathering'
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    02-18-12 08:58 AM
    You are close to correct... they planned on releasing it earlier than the update (because thats what they normally do), but this time they have found that the bridge doesnt work without 2.0 already being installed.... so they are planning on releasing it at the same time (February 21st at 4:01am pacific time is the going word).
    .....and I thought it was 4:02AM pacific time.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-18-12 09:04 AM
    quick question...

I have an OS6 device will the new bridge stuff still be supported on it? (Torch 9800)
    02-18-12 09:11 AM
    quick question...

I have an OS6 device will the new bridge stuff still be supported on it? (Torch 9800)
    That's a good question... My impression was that if you had a touchscreen you could use the swipe gestures, but if I had to put money on it, I'd guess you have to be running 7.0
    02-18-12 09:22 AM
    That's a good question... My impression was that if you had a touchscreen you could use the swipe gestures, but if I had to put money on it, I'd guess you have to be running 7.0
    Hope you're wrong, suspect you won't be
    02-18-12 09:41 AM
    I hope he is wrong too
    02-18-12 11:36 AM
    During CES there was discussion about phones with OS5 and up being able to take advantage of the new bridge keyboard stuff (ie: using phone keyboard for PB input)... but I don't know about gestures.
    Chaddface and SlcCorrado like this.
    02-18-12 11:43 AM
    The OS 2.0 bridge will proably be release at the same time as the 2.0 update. I think it needs to be
    02-18-12 11:52 AM
    quick question...

Yes, Yes it will.
    02-18-12 12:17 PM
    Oh me too! Don't get me wrong, I hope that those features will be available to everyone. I've just kinda learned not to get my hopes up
    02-18-12 12:25 PM
    Yes, Yes it will.
    Oh, good to know. No OS5 though, correct?
    02-18-12 12:26 PM
    The bridge update won't come out before, that would make no sense as it is 2.0 and people who be trying to use features that don't work ahead of the 21st.
    02-18-12 12:31 PM
    The bridge update won't come out before, that would make no sense as it is 2.0 and people who be trying to use features that don't work ahead of the 21st.
    Thanks, that has been the general consensus. How about commenting on the OS5 and OS6 compatibility? Thanks
    02-18-12 12:38 PM
    I was told that OS6 would be supported on it because it was a decision factor on me buying the PlayBook in the first place.
    02-18-12 01:07 PM
    How about commenting on the OS5 and OS6 compatibility? Thanks
    Durring an interview at CES RIM rep said that it will work with OS5 and up, and for non-touch screens (aka OS 5 + 6) people will have to use their trackpad instead.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-18-12 01:09 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD