10-03-12 09:20 AM
39 12
tools
    Even on a pc unless you're paying for your yahoo email you can not access it thru an email client unless you use ypops or something similar unless they changed that recently. Yahoo really has gone down hill fast. I still hate using it since all the change and slowing down of it.
    09-12-12 07:00 AM
    FWIW, anyone not seeing their folders in Yahoo who don't want to go the beta route but still want to see their folders, there is another option. The android app Email, which is part or the PB's android runtime and which is accessible through Ghost Commander, does have imap folder support and has a few other advantages over the native email app (for example, you can load more than 30 days worth of email).
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-12-12 08:22 AM
    I set up an email account at yahoo last year, for vacation to have web access. But I also wanted to include it in my bada phone. Very bad, never really worked. From all email accounts I use on the phone, Yahoo had absolutly the most issues - up to not seeing read inbox emails anymore after read. I played witzh the settings and re-defined the account settings, but no sucess.

On the other hand Yahoo was the standard email partner for iPhone push email some years ago (Steve mentioned it "you will have push messages from yahoo"). Maybe they adapted everything for the Apple world, leaving us out of the game?

It doesn't seem like it's mainly RIM's fault ...

Ray
    09-12-12 09:07 AM
    Yes that is what I mean. I am using 2.0.1.668 and cannot. Many thanks.
    Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm on .668 and I can't see mine either.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-12-12 11:38 AM
    Even on a pc unless you're paying for your yahoo email you can not access it thru an email client unless you use ypops or something similar unless they changed that recently. Yahoo really has gone down hill fast. I still hate using it since all the change and slowing down of it.

Respectfully I disagree. I do pay ($20/year) for the premium service and find Yahoo much better than gmail for organizing and searching (whole text) my gig or more of e-mails. I find it fast and accurate. I would like to get my 50 or so folders to show up and will explore some of the suggestions kindly offered here. (It also works very well on the old Palm system.)

Just my opinion, but Yahoo has been good to (for) me and I do hope it prevails.
    09-12-12 08:54 PM
    FWIW, anyone not seeing their folders in Yahoo who don't want to go the beta route but still want to see their folders, there is another option. The android app Email, which is part or the PB's android runtime and which is accessible through Ghost Commander, does have imap folder support and has a few other advantages over the native email app (for example, you can load more than 30 days worth of email).
    I do have GC on my PB. How do I go about getting that android app (it would be my first one).

Many thanks (and I will be visiting your fair city to see the new granddaughter soon).
    09-12-12 08:56 PM
    In Ghost, from the homescreen, open Applications/Email/Shortcuts/Email-Main(the top one). From here it will take you through the setup process. After you're done setting up, you can go back to the "Shortcuts" folder, press and hold on it, and then select add to favorites. This will make it easier to access later (by accessing favorites from the homescreen). You'll get notifications of incoming messages, but you'll have to go through Ghost to access them.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-12-12 10:04 PM
    In Ghost, from the homescreen, open Applications/Email/Shortcuts/Email-Main(the top one). From here it will take you through the setup process. After you're done setting up, you can go back to the "Shortcuts" folder, press and hold on it, and then select add to favorites. This will make it easier to access later (by accessing favorites from the homescreen). You'll get notifications of incoming messages, but you'll have to go through Ghost to access them.
    Thanks once again. I was able to follow your instructions and got my Yahoo e-mail showing and could bring of the individual folders. I was not able to create the shortcut nor am I sure where you find favorites on the GC homescreen. Thanks for all this help.
    09-13-12 03:07 PM
    Favorites is the top entry on the homescreen- Star (pic 1). To add Email to your Favorites, tap and hold on the Shortcouts folder (pic 2) then choose "Add Shortcuts to Favorites" (pic 3). You'll notice that you can also access Favorites from the bottom toolbar. Also note that the toolbar is populated with different items depending on where you are in your navigation, and sometimes the toolbar fills. When it does, you can scroll the toolbar left and right and Favorites is always available there.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-13-12 03:49 PM
    You are very kind. Many thanks Pacoman.
    09-14-12 05:02 AM
    The net of all this is that RIM still do not have a full function native email on Playbook.

So when I use my yahoo account in messages, I can't open my folders, nor file a note in a folder.

Isn't that the whole point in of Native email?
    10-02-12 11:53 PM
    The net of all this is that RIM still do not have a full function native email on Playbook.

So when I use my yahoo account in messages, I can't open my folders, nor file a note in a folder.

Isn't that the whole point in of Native email?
    Have you read through this thread? If you had, you'd have seen that you can access imap folders in Yahoo if you're running the beta 2.1 OS. And if you've looked around this forum this evening, the official 2.1 seems likely to drop in a matter of hours.
    10-03-12 12:11 AM
    My folders do not show in the native messages app. RIM said that is a known issue. Where do you live?
    Toronto. I'm using the Android Yahoo app, 1.4.1, and all works fine, with populated sub folders, etc.

The PB messages app does not work.
    10-03-12 09:13 AM
    I just updated to 2.1 official and for the first time my folders all show up!!!!!

Cambridge
    MA
    Yahoo
    10-03-12 09:20 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD