Yahoo Mail on the Playbook is still a disaster. Does anyone besides me think it should be addressed in the next OS? It doesn't sync, it doesn't let you use folders, the windows are crappy and it doesn't let you assign junk mail. Yech. I'm not moving to gmail yet...but this needs to be fixed on the PB for me to use my email at all on the device.
    05-15-12 05:25 PM
    yahoo seems to be a slowly dying company unfortunately. I have yahoo mail using POP but i only use 1 inbox and have all my folders etc. in my outlook.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-15-12 05:30 PM
    Yahoo Mail on the Playbook is still a disaster. Does anyone besides me think it should be addressed in the next OS? It doesn't sync, it doesn't let you use folders, the windows are crappy and it doesn't let you assign junk mail. Yech. I'm not moving to gmail yet...but this needs to be fixed on the PB for me to use my email at all on the device.
    At least you're getting mail. I used to get mail, then it suddenly decided my settings are no longer any good. Went to the website and it asked me to enter characters as seen on the page for verification. Once that took, I can see my email ok on the browser... unfortunately, I'd already deleted my Yahoo! account from the PB. Went to a computer and it didnt' ask for the personhood verification. Went back later and re-entered the information on the PB and was able to get my email ok. Seems Yahoo! Mail is going through some configuration issues Just seems like I had to do this every once in a while. I don't use folders due to not keeping enough stuff on there, but it apparently will sync at times... but I would like to be able to assign junk/spam.
    05-15-12 09:32 PM
    yahoo seems to be a slowly dying company unfortunately. I have yahoo mail using POP but i only use 1 inbox and have all my folders etc. in my outlook.
    Agreed. Yahoo Mail used to be great, but all the upgrades (forced) have turned it to junk. It's all advertising and no function. I don't like it on the Playbook or on a normal browser.

Maybe one of the next 3 CEOs within the next year will fix it. lol
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    05-15-12 10:28 PM
    Yahoo running the same course as MySpace. Making stupid changes and just mess everything up to a point that people left by the millions in aggravation.
    Nobody talks about MySpace anymore, at least not any people I know stayed.
    05-15-12 11:21 PM
    I use the paid Yahoo mail. I generally like Yahoo mail compare to others and it's my first email address I made.
    I don't have problems, just the occasionally password prompt. Granted you only can access the inbox. It's the same access you get on the phone.

I agree with rants that you can't mark certain messages as spam and I don't mind folders but would like remote email search. I also don't understand that Yahoo is left out of the other services like contacts and calendar.
    05-15-12 11:54 PM
    I use the paid Yahoo mail. I generally like Yahoo mail compare to others and it's my first email address I made.
    I don't have problems, just the occasionally password prompt. Granted you only can access the inbox. It's the same access you get on the phone.

I agree with rants that you can't mark certain messages as spam and I don't mind folders but would like remote email search. I also don't understand that Yahoo is left out of the other services like contacts and calendar.
    Can you get your yahoo address book to sync with the PB's address book?
    05-16-12 08:05 PM
    ATT forces its DSL/UVERSE user to have a Yahoo account as: [email protected] and even though I PAY for it it is full of advertisements and little function.

So now I am looking for an e-mail service that I am willing to pay for.
    like:
    reagan.com for 3.33 a month or hushmail.com free and pro for 9.99 a month etc

I'm leaning towards the three bucks a month deal and just use the sbcglobal.net account for spam and disposable mail. Maybe the other service can push mail to the PB?

Still learning will look into it.
    05-16-12 11:06 PM
    Can you get your yahoo address book to sync with the PB's address book?
    Nope. There are instructions out there but most of my contacts are in Outlook and I don't really type emails on the PlayBook. Only on my phone.

I was wondering how you emailed me and now I know so I shut that off.
    Last edited by maxknux; 05-18-12 at 09:26 AM.
    05-18-12 08:50 AM
    I still wonder why Yahoo is a problem for some and not for others. My contacts sync fine and it functions beautifully for me. If I have any complaint at all it's that I can't access the folders I created but that's it. Yahoo needs to figure out what the heck is going on here.
    05-18-12 11:00 AM
    As of just lately, my pb asks me for the password to my yahoo account. I dont know what the problem is exactly, and I dont really use yahoo, just a dummy account, but seeing as nothing has changed with the playbook, I must assume something changed with yahoo. I may be wrong but this is what i conclude.
    05-18-12 01:21 PM
    It is with great interest that I read this thread on Yahoo mail issues with the Playbook as I have some issues with my paid yahoo account emails on the playbook. I have found that if I am on any WiFi network except the one in my own home, I can get my yahoo email without any issues. At home, it fails to pull the emails in. My home network is Verizon DSL. Verizon tells me that they do not block any ports. Yahoo help center and the Blackberry Support staff tell me to try some alternate ports but this does not solve the issue. The last item I need to check is my own router to see if it is set up to block certain ports. I too have had my Yahoo email account for many years so even though the free gmail accounts are superior to my paid yahoo account, I prefer not to have to change. I will probably be changing away from Verizon DSL as the price has crept up over the past year and Time Warner offers faster and cheaper service.

At any rate, I consistently have no issues popping my yahoo emails on most networks. This tells me that my settings are correct on the Playbook. My calendar and contacts have never had an issue but I do not use them much. I use the gmail calendar and contacts because my personal phone is an android.
    Last edited by BikingInTheSun; 05-18-12 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Adding an Update
    05-18-12 04:06 PM
    Update: Went in to the firewall settings on my router. The firewall was set on the strictest setting and the yahoo imap was not working. I reset it to off and the imap starting connecting and working perfectly. Obviously I did not want to leave the firewall off. After testing the low and medium settings, I determined that only low would work unless I modified some settings. I set the firewall on medium and added port 993 as a rule for the playbook only. This is working perfectly!
    05-18-12 09:24 PM
    Yahoo mail is a disaster everywhere across multiple oses. I also have problems with it on bbos 7.1 and gingerbread.

Sometimes, I will type but nothing appears in the box. It is really stupid.
    05-19-12 02:21 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I have no problems on 7.1 and the only issue on OS2 is that the address book dose not sync with the PB's address book. The Yahoo "app" via the browser works very well in 2.0.

RIM says Yahoo acknowledges the address book is their problem and they may try to fix it.

Update. My yahoo address have started to sync into the pb's contact app. It now shows all my yahoo address book. Not sure just when this was fixed. Maybe i will get my folders as well some day. May 20 2012
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 05-20-12 at 04:36 AM.
    05-19-12 03:11 AM
    I do have my imap folders in Yahoo Mail.
    05-19-12 09:25 PM
    My folders do not show in the native messages app. RIM said that is a known issue. Where do you live?
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 05-20-12 at 04:00 AM.
    05-20-12 02:37 AM
    My yahoo address have started to sync into the pb's contact app. It now shows all my yahoo address book. Not sure just when this was fixed. Maybe i will get my folders as well some day.
    05-20-12 04:32 AM
    Yahoo has their share of problems. For awhile just using the browser the mail was a pain, not loading, sit and spin etc. I quit using them when that went on for weeks.
    05-20-12 05:45 AM
    My folders do not show in the native messages app. RIM said that is a known issue. Where do you live?
    I also don't see my folders in the Messages app. I am thinking the issue if any must be on the BB side, since they sync perfectly in iOS Mail.
    09-11-12 10:54 PM
    yahoo is dead, you really should move on to gmail or something else. hotmail isnt that bad and they are funded by microsoft. much better mail service there.
    09-11-12 11:20 PM
    I would really like to know whether anyone can see subfolders from yahoo and if so where do you live and whar OS are you using. Many thanks.
    09-11-12 11:28 PM
    So yeah I guess it is a known issue
    09-11-12 11:43 PM
    I would really like to know whether anyone can see subfolders from yahoo and if so where do you live and whar OS are you using. Many thanks.
    If by subfolders you mean folders that I've created (I've only created one) then yes, I can see and access it. I'm in the US and am running the newest beta 2.1
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-12-12 06:07 AM
    If by subfolders you mean folders that I've created (I've only created one) then yes, I can see and access it. I'm in the US and am running the newest beta 2.1
    Yes that is what I mean. I am using 2.0.1.668 and cannot. Many thanks.
    09-12-12 06:11 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD