Does anyone know when?

RIM announced 10/6 that they would launch PB in 16 countries in next 30 days. Indonesia was on that list. I have been to the big electronics stores in Jakarta over the last few days and NADA available officially and no-one knows when it will arrive.......

I can get a black market 64GB unit with no warranty for US$1500.... yeah right! I'm not paying that sort of money. All models are available black market for top dollar...

I have googled, searched this site and no info available other than RIM's June 10 announcement, so please, can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers.
    07-04-11 04:22 AM
    If it came out at this current moment it would fail miserably - Indonesians are BBM user, and BBM sucks on the PB.

You can get a 64GB Playbook for less than 500 Dollar on Kaskus.us
    And still nobody wants it...
    07-04-11 05:52 AM
    If it came out at this current moment it would fail miserably - Indonesians are BBM user, and BBM sucks on the PB.

Just curious, the iPhone and iPad wouldn't be selling well in Indonesia then?
    07-04-11 06:09 AM

What a ray of sunshine...

I'm hard on RIM but come on,,,give a PB wanting person a break.

Geeshh..

Tim
    07-04-11 06:10 AM
    PlayBook will be officially launched on July 7 in Indonesia.
    Availability in stores is still unknown though.
    Still waiting for the 'official' prices, since the black market price is very low
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    07-04-11 06:38 AM
    i do think it will be officially released in this months..

where you get the offer? it's only 650 bucks for the 64 GB

i got my 16 for 470 bucks...
    07-04-11 06:59 AM
    @Takeo, thanks for the info re: Kaskus.us Yes I see that the 64GB unit is available for less than 5 juta. Still no warranty though

@Togardergrosse, thanks for that update, Hopefully it will be available in the next couple of weeks then

@Feek, that price, IDR 13 juta, was quoted to me by one of (the many) blackberry vendors in Mal Ambassador... I'm sure that my being a "bule" resulted in such a high price being quoted LOL
    07-04-11 07:14 AM
    i do think it will be officially released in this months..

where you get the offer? it's only 650 bucks for the 64 GB

i got my 16 for 470 bucks...
    I am not sure about the availability, but the official launch is July 7.

@Takeo, thanks for the info re: Kaskus.us Yes I see that the 64GB unit is available for less than 5 juta. Still no warranty though

@Togardergrosse, thanks for that update, Hopefully it will be available in the next couple of weeks then

@Feek, that price, IDR 13 juta, was quoted to me by one of (the many) blackberry vendors in Mal Ambassador... I'm sure that my being a "bule" resulted in such a high price being quoted LOL
    The only plus of buying official product is the warranty. If you see here in CB, lots of PB got issues or defects. So having one without warranty means a big gamble in long or short term. I even read in one thread that having US PlayBook, u can't claim the warranty in UK since it's not internationally warranted. CMIIW
    07-04-11 08:31 AM
    @scrapegoat

I bought one in Indo when it came out. no warranty.

But it has no flaws whatsoever, its very solid. Just, I personally would rather pay less now, under 5jt, instead of paying for more a crippled warranty in Jakarta...

btw I'm also a bule... you have to have some people you frequently buy at. Then they won't try to rip you off. Or you know how to negotiate
    07-04-11 08:38 AM
    what is a "bule" guys?

Here in Malaysia, the BBPB will be launching on the 15/07. I am already using one purchased from the black market. No problem so far....thank god.
    07-04-11 11:28 PM
    what is a "bule" guys?

Here in Malaysia, the BBPB will be launching on the 15/07. I am already using one purchased from the black market. No problem so far....thank god.
    bule = foreign/white guy
    sshahrul76 likes this.
    07-04-11 11:46 PM
    Once the PB is officially launched in your country RIM should cover your "foreign" bought devices there at home.
    07-05-11 12:23 AM
    Does anyone know when?

RIM announced 10/6 that they would launch PB in 16 countries in next 30 days. Indonesia was on that list. I have been to the big electronics stores in Jakarta over the last few days and NADA available officially and no-one knows when it will arrive.......

I can get a black market 64GB unit with no warranty for US$1500.... yeah right! I'm not paying that sort of money. All models are available black market for top dollar...

I have googled, searched this site and no info available other than RIM's June 10 announcement, so please, can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers.
    If you're really an indonesian, then you've been fooled enough to believe the 64GB model at $1500, it cost only about $600 for 64GB model

not true, it is around $600+ for 64GB model and "nobody wants it" is just a typical opinion, the truth is that 64GB model is the first to be sold out when PB came in indonesia blackmarket.
    07-05-11 01:17 AM

not true, it is around $600+ for 64GB model and "nobody wants it" is just a typical opinion, the truth is that 64GB model is the first to be sold out when PB came in indonesia blackmarket.
    What are you talking about?
    I'm not talking about the black market, but about Kaskus, where people try to get rid of their Playbook 64GB for less than 5jt and nobody even cares about it!
    People here are more easily "annoyed" if something doesn't work. And the Playbook, at current state, lacks a lot! Especially regarding BBM everyone is using 24/7 *literally*.

I bought the 64GB too when it was available on the grey market. Its not a black market - black is illegal. These are grey imports.
    07-05-11 02:50 AM
    Ectwsjfiuu21324, 21538omg
    05-10-13 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD