I certainly don't think people respect me for what I have in my hands!

My kids respect me for who I am. their provider and father. My co-workers respect me because I know what I am doing at work. My dog likes me cause I feed her and rub her tummy. My wife doesn't respect me, she worships me.

I could care less what people think of my PB when I read an eBook on the train.
    LOL. Does she know that she worships you? Awesome bro. Thanks for bringing some much needed humor to this thread. Peace. Happy Holidays too.
    11-29-11 07:15 PM
    I don't know man. To me it sounds like you may be totally feeling disrespected for the wrong thing. Look at it this way, geeks see an iDevice and the first thing they think of is "oh look at the dumb arse". They see an Android "well he must have a lot time on his hands, to be dealing with that Android Device". They see someone with a RIM Device and they think; "really? you know they are doing well, still holding onto that kb". So what? You bought it, it's your money, your choice. So you march to the beat of a different drummer? So what!??!!

You have the PB you know it's great, would you like to see others with it, **** yeah. Specially since we can only video chat with other PB owners, natively. Also, remind them that the entire world is not the US and RIM is actually doing rather well in other parts of the world. I live in the US and some of us still believe that we are the center of the universe, I don't. Take this time to educate them of the world at large and to look beyond their fruit or mechanical wannabe humanoid form. Oh yeah and of course there is the other, Windows. Anyways. I'm just rambling. Enjoy your PB man. I just ordered mine and can hardly wait for it to arrive and that's with all the bad publicity. For the record I gave away my first gen iPad. The OS bored me.
    Lhendr likes this.
    11-29-11 07:24 PM
    My friend was at CHEO (Children's hospital of Eastern Ontario) ... his son was there to get his Adnoids out. Anyways, while there, they were playing around on the Playbooks (All 4 in the family have one). someone sitting beside him, kept looking and said.. "That looks nice" I wish I would have bought that instead of my Ipad2

She liked the smaller form factor and the portability that comes with it
    She like the things it could do

Side by side with the Ipad2, people will choose what they prefer (somethings are better on the PB and some on the Ipad2).. but the media has so sullied the PB that people walk in with a negative attitude..

What RIM will gain by having this sale, is exposure on a one to one level.. Friends will see friends using theirs, people will see people using theirs in the coffee shops..
    11-29-11 07:24 PM
    As an iPad 2 owner, here's my viewpoint. The Playbook is an EXCELLENT device that is in need of just a few tweaks. At the top of the list RIMM needs to IMMEDIATELY release native apps for email, calendar with Google sync, notes, and contacts. These changes by themselves would make the Playbook VERY hard for consumers and business users to resist. Additionally, I would LOVE apps like Pandora, Netflix, Kindle, HanDbase and Yellowbook. I purchased the Playbook a week ago at the fire sale price of $199. I LOVE MY PLAYBOOK! As far as the Playbook haters, remember this, HATERS WILL HATE ! The Playbook is an outstanding device that will only get better.
    JBenn911 and leveragedhedging like this.
    11-29-11 07:53 PM
    Lots more people for you to get respect from gathering here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-674244/

You're invited to the party!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-29-11 at 08:09 PM.
    11-29-11 08:07 PM
    what a lame thread

why would somebody actually be seeking to gain respect as a result of what smartphone or tablet computer they choose, i think you need counseling there bronanza, or some new friends, or perhaps stop talking to random people about what devices you have, just sayin'

i am not saying this to be mean or ridicule the ridiculousness of this thread (well, maybe a little), but rather to offer you a friendly suggestion to seek help, your company benefits might be able to provide you with proper counseling because you need the assistance kind sir

word
    peace and lol

not once in my life of owning a cell phone or tablet of any kind, has anybody ever said anything to me about my choice, not even once

do people really go up to other people, or their friends and out rightly diss their choice in tech? if so, they all need serious help
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-29-11 at 08:20 PM.
    11-29-11 08:18 PM
    my bad, kinda went off, i'm gonna go chill out and play some machinarium on my playbook before calling it a day, peace love, and chicken grease
    11-29-11 08:22 PM
    I also think this is an 'interesting' thread...but hey whatever. I just got my PB today and have been playing with it non stop for 3 hours and I LOVE it, I just love it. I suits my needs and it does what I need really fast. And it also suits my need to do many things at one time.....fast.

$200 bucks well spent!!

Peace y'all
    11-29-11 08:38 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!

Don't forget to check out the Newbie tips and trips link below my post VVVV and be sure to vote in polls!

no, I'm not a bot!
    11-29-11 08:51 PM
    I cannot get any respect for my playbook. And its pretty much Rim's fault. When will it change for the best?

I often get this kind of comment:
    -Rim is folding
    -Why didnt you get an ipad?
    *-Is it as bad as they say? (last night at a friend's place)*

Now, most of these people have never used a PB, so they dont know what they are talking about. So why do they say that? Because of bad reviews of OS1 (no native email, duh), delayed updates, old BBOS on old-school OS7 phones. That's why.

So when will I get respect for my tablet? With a OS2 relaunch (same hardware, different software)? Likely not.... They need a complete OS with new hardware (and perhaps selling the older generation playbook side-by-side at a discount) otherwise online reviews will be negative, and people will not give us ANY respect...

what do you guys think? Should try to sell PB1 with OS2 as a 'new' playbook? A relaunch of a 1y old product as a new product? Apple got a lot of flack for the iPhone 4S that was too similar to 4. Why would it be different for RIM then?
    It won't change for the best. Pretty much the worse tablet on the market for the price. Maybe get respect from hp touchpad owners. But they have a better screen and half the price if their timing was right. HP was smart enough to dump that junk, it took rim too long and wasted too much cash on it. While passing on making quality phones for the past year or so. They turned their back on their main business line and pushed that overpriced junk through terrible marketing which brought terrible sales, something rim is getting real used to over this past year.
    How are you going to sell it as new?
    Apple did get flack, but their stock has recovered and the 4s brought record sales, something rim will never be able to accomplish.
    11-29-11 10:50 PM
    If anyone works with a "debbie downer" like this .....RUN....don't walk away because nothing will be good enough unless its fruitie
    11-29-11 11:00 PM
    maybe 'respect' is not the appropriate word.

Maybe it should have been called: When will my PB get any street cred and respect?
    11-29-11 11:28 PM
    Now who really cares what anyone else uses for a phone or a tablet - I sure as heck don't.
    Don't worry about it
    Seriously, enjoy what you have chosen for yourself.
    Last edited by BGK; 11-30-11 at 01:02 AM. Reason: bad language
    11-30-11 01:00 AM
    U have my respect for owning a PB.
    11-30-11 01:13 AM
    I wasn't insulting him, i was asking a genuine question.

people don't care what tablet you have when you are out in public. If they do, there is something wrong with them. Aside from not caring, most people don't know what a playbook even is! and are too wrapped up in their own affairs to be saying "Oh look! That poor chap has a blackberry playbook"
    1. Being told you don't know much about something is insulting.

2. You didn't ask a question.

Go back and read your post which I quoted and replied to.
    11-30-11 01:27 AM
    Keep the Playbook. What will you get for it? $50.00? I doubt there will be a second generation considering the trend. Firesales mean the end is coming. Time to wake up and face reality.
    It could also mean "dumping", or selling at a lose to get products in the hands of consumers.

$199/$299/399 do sound at more ideal price points than their original $499/$599/$699 pricing.
    11-30-11 01:48 AM
    Wow, 92 posts and still lookin' for love in all the wrong places. Have you all found it yet?
    11-30-11 02:43 AM
    Just as info. Found my HDMI on Amazon for $5. Paid more to ship it.
    11-30-11 05:44 AM
    Well in my book you get respect for being a good father who is faithful to his wife, loves the Lord with all his heart, and provides for his family. But I know thats not what you meant so I'll answer your question.

First off I get the same thing too, then I show them that bridge tethers for free internet and that I dont have to enter or dismiss appointments twice. That is usually all it takes to change their attitude, especially the free mobile internet part. Everyone wants mobile internet on their tablet, and although most can technically afford 25 dollar monthly fees to do so ones stomach tends to go sour at the thought of paying for the air space in between the phone on your hip and the tablet.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-30-11 07:39 AM
    As a "Codependency Teacher" I recommend a therapist for you if you rely on others for your self concept of respect and happiness.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-30-11 08:18 AM
    Good thing I wasnt singled out - It might of hurt my feelings.

Nothing I posted was insulting..

PB goes with me everywhere. When I encounter someone who is curious and asks about it - I show them what I like about it and keep on enjoying MY PlayBook. 7/10 times they are interested, ask more questions, and say they are going to look into it.

Do i care if they respect me for my purchase - no. I dont want respect off of material things. So it means nothing to me .. got it .. cool

Same here... I think i actually converted atleast 5 i-toy lovers in my office just in the past 2 weeks i have had my PB
    11-30-11 09:43 AM
    You will when it makes sense to buy a PB over an iPad...seriously, the iPad dominates the PB in so many ways. Apps, email, iMessage, iOS, SYNCS WITH A MAC!, web browser, accessories, APPS APPS APPS

k im done
    11-30-11 11:38 AM
    You will when it makes sense to buy a PB over an iPad...seriously, the iPad dominates the PB in so many ways. Apps, email, iMessage, iOS, SYNCS WITH A MAC!, web browser, accessories, APPS APPS APPS

k im done
    Really? You seriously think that "syncs with a mac" needs caps? You really think that's an astonishing thing? Guess what? My Playbook SYNCS WITH A PC!

Ipads don't dominate because they are better ... but because of somewhat misleading marketing and lots of it. I know that apple-fans won't be convinced that there is a universe outside of Appletown ... but there really is.

And of all those "apps apps apps" [where you really should have used some punctuation by the way] how many of 'em do you actually use ... and are actually useful?

I love my Playbook and personally think that an Ipad is an overpriced toy. That's just my opinion ...
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-30-11 01:57 PM
    Whats sad is that if dumb and dumber running RIM actually put any priority whatsoever behind developing the OS and this device were anywhere close to the state it should be 6 months after launch not only would you get more respect for owning it (we all would) but your friends would own one too and it would be the hottest thing in the tablet market, running a close second to the ipad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 02:08 PM
    Grow up and quit whining! Enjoy what you have....
    11-30-11 02:15 PM
113 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD