My PlayBook (on version 2.1) is not very responsive and fast. Maybe it has always been that way and I didn't mind, or it is something new and it started to irritate me. Here are some of my experiences. (1). the keyboard is very laggy, it has been like this since the beginning. It can take over 20 to 30 seconds to even show up. However, it can be responsive too, cause I've also experienced that. (2). the icons on the upper bar (battery, wifi, etc.) are not responsive after closing an app. One can see that closing the app takes time because the icon of the app is sort of greyed out for about 10 seconds. (3). Browsing is no fun, websites take too much time to load even with javascript and flash turned of. I use the PB mostly for browsing, so that's why it starting to annoy me. (4) I empty the cache of the browser regularly, but i see no noticeable difference in responsiveness and speed.

I want to know whether a security wipe would help. And also why would it help? Is it related to the SSD, or 'problematic' files that the OS uses, or .... you name it. Any advice is welcome, except buying another ios or android tablet.

Have a nice day
    10-17-12 10:20 AM
    I had this problem a while ago (exactly the symptoms you describe) and I can assure you that this behaviour is in no way normal for the Playbook. It really is a snappy device.

I only noticed that my Playbook was f*cked up when I installed Neutron Music Player. Whenever I had it running in the background, playback would stutter madly. Obviously something was very wrong, so I wiped the device and reinstalled the OS. This procedure not only got rid of the stuttering problem, everything was much more fluid after that. Fast browser, no typing lag and responsive icons. I like my Playbook a lot more since I did that.

As for the reasons: I can't give you any, whish I could, but I suspect that sideloading with DDPB in developer mode *could* somehow be the root of the problem. This is just a shot in the dark, though. Did you sideload anything?
    Zeds and anon(4216152) like this.
    10-17-12 10:44 AM
    When/why? For me it's when there is no other way to solve issues that weren't there before, doesn't always work though.
    10-17-12 10:55 AM
    The few times I had similar problems I just reinstalled the OS(debrick). When you don't know where the issue stems from a complete OS wipe is a better option. I also don't restore any backups I made with desktop manager. Before the debrick I copy any important files over to my PC and erase everything else.
    10-17-12 11:54 AM
    I already guessed it might be a solution, so I will try this. Don't like it however, because of the time it takes to reinstall everything. Still, if anyone has an idea about why this would help, be my guest.
    10-17-12 01:57 PM
    On browser lag: open both CrackBerry and BerryReview.

Start typing a comment on CrackBerry then go to BerryReview and do the same thing.

Here, I would have no lag on the former, but get frustrated with the latter. It happens on some sites and on others, so there is something about the code that must be an issue.

All other issues should be fixed by a proper wipe...
    10-17-12 02:02 PM
    And I thought to be the only one having problems with Neutron Music Player!
    10-17-12 02:15 PM
    Does the playback in Neutron MP stutter when you surf the web while listening to music?
    10-17-12 02:46 PM
    Do a security wipe like you would a battery pull from a BlackBerry Phone. Just remember you will lose all information on the PlayBook.
    10-17-12 02:51 PM
    Effectively NoraMelua.
    I uninstalled this application !
    10-18-12 09:53 AM
    I did the wipe. It does help. Turn off/on is now a matter of many seconds instead of minutes. The keyboard so far did not show any lag. Browsing CB is still painful, many other sites behave well. I also did not reinstall about 50 apps, since they where actually not used very often or they were simply bad. Still have loads of apps on the PB that I like. Thanks for the advice/Dankesch�n.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 10-19-12 at 07:36 AM.
    10-18-12 04:24 PM
    The difference is amazing. This was a very good move, glad I did it.
    10-19-12 07:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice/Dankesch�n.
    Bitte sehr! Glad it worked for you. Seems that a lot of people are having problems with laggy keyboard etc and it's important to point out that the Playbook can do much better than that. Of course these issues shouldn't appear in the first place, I wish I knew the cause of the "lag problem".
    10-19-12 12:07 PM
    \m/ up the irons \m/
    10-19-12 05:23 PM
    My playbook its very slow too. Im saving my stuff for a wipe. I hope it solves the issue.
    10-21-12 11:06 AM