I sold a friend a Playbook, his friends who use Android and iphone are amazed at the power of the Playbook to the point where when he asked them if he should get something newer they told him No! I still own a Playbook and Nexus 7, and other than browser speed much prefer the PB!
    07-23-15 11:41 AM
    Agree, not a whole lot of technical advances with tablets. Other than screen resolution (Retina iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab S) and water-resistance (Sony). The PBs screen was fine for me and I am not ever taking a shower with it.
    07-23-15 12:15 PM
    LOL, the PB is OK if you don't want to do any surfing with it. That's mostly what I use a tablet for.
    07-23-15 12:34 PM
    LOL, the PB is OK if you don't want to do any surfing with it. That's mostly what I use a tablet for.
    Or watch netflix. Or play mobile RPG's. Or use my bank's app. That's what I use my tablet for, and surfing the Web too.

I can pick up a $50 or cheaper tablet that will do more than the playbook ever has or ever will. I don't need to since my ipad is perfect for my needs but I wouldn't pay a nickel for another playbook.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-24-15 08:19 AM
    Unfortunately, mine had way too many problems. I don't know if it was just a faulty unit or if they all are, but the browser speed was terrible, it would lag a lot, you couldn't watch movies with it, there weren't a lot of apps, the email app was pretty bad, youtube sucked big time. I still look back at it w/ fond memories of a very capable OS but I know if I picked it up again I would not enjoy it any more than before.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-24-15 12:53 PM
    I've owned my PlayBook for 3 1/2 years and at first I was simply amazed at its speed and the overall quality and performance this device had... It had so much potential. Then, RIM, just gave up on it. I still use it from time to time. I once thought that it was really going to be the iPad killer... So much potential. Such a disappointment...
    07-27-15 07:42 PM
    Or watch netflix. Or play mobile RPG's. Or use my bank's app. That's what I use my tablet for, and surfing the Web too.

I can pick up a $50 or cheaper tablet that will do more than the playbook ever has or ever will. I don't need to since my ipad is perfect for my needs but I wouldn't pay a nickel for another playbook.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    Lol. And to think I was about to pay 2500 Nickels for 1 just the other day on Amazon...

Posted via my BlackBerry PlayBook, yeah really....
    Attached Thumbnails When they use it the love it-img_00000436.png  
    07-28-15 10:14 PM
    I sold a friend a Playbook, his friends who use Android and iphone are amazed at the power of the Playbook to the point where when he asked them if he should get something newer they told him No! I still own a Playbook and Nexus 7, and other than browser speed much prefer the PB!
    Friends? As in, they care about him?
    07-28-15 10:36 PM
    Friends? As in, they care about him?
    The playbook was very capable in many ways that other tablets lacked. It also had its failures.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-15 10:46 PM
    The playbook was very capable in many ways that other tablets lacked. It also had its failures.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I still use mine at least once a fortnight.

It suffered from some major BBRY missteps, and while I think it was a pretty cool, it wasn't very competitive, even in its prime, for a myriad of reasons.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-28-15 10:58 PM