what will you do with your playbook if the 0s2 update is delayed again again.
    12-30-11 10:40 AM
    Out of curiosity, did they say Feb 2011 :P
    12-30-11 10:42 AM
    Be patient. At this point I'm surprised when RIM meets its delivery dates.

Like a bad teenager, its a shame expectations have become so low.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-30-11 10:46 AM
    I don't really want to think about it but the reality is that if OS2 is delayed, I will have to wait a bit longer. I sincerely hope, that RIM delivers though, because if they don't, all of the current naysayers will have been proven correct and the RIM enterprise is in deep do-do. As I said, I don't really want to think about it right now, and I hope that your post does not become serious troll-bait.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-30-11 10:47 AM
    I will continue to use and enjoy the same way I have since april.
    12-30-11 10:58 AM
    Just keep on trucking with my playbook as is. It does exactly what I need it to do now, as was the case when I bought it.

As I have said before, I don't feel sorry for anyone who buys anything for what its going to have, or might have in the future. Buy it if it works for you now. If it doesn't, then its your own fault if you bought it on a maybe.
    12-30-11 11:26 AM
    "Only a fool worries about time"
    Confucius (2011)

Henry Confucius, my hair cutter
    12-30-11 11:30 AM
    im really only looking for a full MicroSoft Office Suite to be available. anything else they add is a bonus but come Feb if its not available yet i will just patiently wait...
    12-30-11 11:32 AM
    I'll continue to use it with the same functionality it has now which is more than it had when I bought it last April. I bought it for what it could do not for what I hoped it one day would do.
    12-30-11 11:35 AM
    I'll continue to use it for school, between loading powerpoints, pdfs, and thumb typing notes during lectures, my pb has become a very useful tool for my daily life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 12:03 PM
    ill be in the same place i am now. it wont affect my ability to type on the pb and i dont think it will affect my opinion of rim. in other words, expected at this point. so im prepared for rim to disappoint me in reverse and actually release it in febuary (spelling purposely wrong).
    12-30-11 12:14 PM
    I will just continue to wait for a Win 8 tab.
    12-30-11 11:18 PM
    I dont find any problems in using the PB as it stands today, so I am not worried if Feb comes and goes. PB will still/and always be used as extensively as I use it today, with or without OS2.0
    anon(375378) likes this.
    12-30-11 11:24 PM
    All I can say is Christmas has not yet come. But I still have my toy from last year. If Santa is late oh well still have Christmas to look forward too

Did I mention that I don't give a hoot about native email, and have all the apps I need?
    The only thing I couldn't handle would be all the crying in here.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-30-11 at 11:30 PM.
    anon(375378) and pigdude like this.
    12-30-11 11:25 PM
    Drink the koolaid

I'll keep on using it for streaming over my tv. As long as I can still access all the documentary channels on justin.tv or live streaming sports at vipbox.tv or firstrowsports.eu the OS 2.0 wont bother me at all. When the update comes it will come.
    12-30-11 11:26 PM
    I see we're all in the presence of another neg-head. Well my answer - wait
    anon(375378) likes this.
    12-30-11 11:29 PM
    I don't really care that much about os2. I use my PB every day and love it. Whenever os2 rolls around, it will just be icing on the cake.
    12-30-11 11:52 PM
    im really only looking for a full MicroSoft Office Suite to be available. anything else they add is a bonus but come Feb if its not available yet i will just patiently wait...
    You could try Microsoft Office 365 or any of the other cloud-based office productivity suites of which there are several from which to choose. But I understand the intent of your posting especially for a tablet marketed as "the world's first professional-grade tablet."
    12-30-11 11:57 PM
    I'm not knocking anything Blackberry, I love my PlayBook. I'm just surprised they named a "professional-grade" tablet the Playbook lol. Like everyone else, if it doesn't come in February I guess I will just wait.
    12-31-11 12:41 AM
    Probably the same thing I do now: Report posts that incite arguments under a flimsy veneer that the moderators won't buy into once enough people troll it and I report all of them as well.
    12-31-11 12:48 AM
    I'll be disappointed of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if they miss February like they've missed every other deadline. Perhaps at least there will be a more complete beta that I could try out.
    12-31-11 12:55 AM
    well guys i dont know about your opinion of this deadline but it seems to me that there several users here, like me, that will patiently wait for OS 2.0 to be rolled out when its ready rather than rushed out there just because bloggers and/or hardcore enthusiasts demand it be updated pronto...

Look what happened to the HP TouchPad - it was released only to be exposed as a buggy software experience and John Rubinstein did note that "the majority, if not all, of the problems reviewers were experiencing we were already aware of and have a patch coming out soon after" so in otherwords HP released the TouchPad with these known issues but rather than ensuring they implemented the fix before sale, they just shipped it anyway... Lets be honest here, RIM could NEVER afford to do anything like that, otherwise their already somewhat tarnished brand image would be put into the spotlight again (and not in a way they would have wanted)

The main difference here is the HP TouchPad was shipped with features that the PlayBook didnt have (like email or calender or contacts native app) however only to find it had many problems with what was already there (either because they werent optimized or they werent finished by the time they felt pressured into releasing it into the market ASAP). I guess the point to my little rambling is i would rather wait for RIM to ensure they got it right with PlayBook OS 2.0 rather than receiving loads of worthless mini updates to tide us over in between time

Give me quality over quantity any day of the week...
    Last edited by TallPaul86; 12-31-11 at 04:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    anon(375378) likes this.
    12-31-11 04:46 AM
    I'll be disappointed of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if they miss February like they've missed every other deadline. Perhaps at least there will be a more complete beta that I could try out.
    I'll be disappointed if they don't miss February. The howling would be incredible. The expected improvements are so numerous now because of the ridiculously long delay, it seems like no matter when or what is updated there will be a large segment of people unhappy because they have been given so much time to form unrealistic expectations (RIM"s own fault).

As it is, I like it just fine. Improvements would be nice.
    anon(375378) likes this.
    12-31-11 05:13 AM
    I don't really care that much about os2. I use my PB every day and love it. Whenever os2 rolls around, it will just be icing on the cake.
    Could't put it better myself; agreed
    hpjrt and Bisboxer like this.
    12-31-11 05:17 AM
    Me?

As a member of the entitlement generation that believes Rome damn well should have been designed, built and offering a full range of social services in a day, I plan to initiate an #OccupyRIM movement.

I think, together, if we throw some vicious down twinkles their way, we can make everything happen!

Now, dammit, about that outrageously priced Angry Birds App...WHY WASN'T IT FREEEEEEE
    12-31-11 05:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD