I am a big fan of my dear Blackberry Playbook and also a big Fan of Twitter. Sad Twitter being a very popular & basic app which is available in any basic phone is not a native app on BB Playbook. It's been said with BB 10 it might be possible, is it right? So what about all the recent Playbook owners?? Why is RIM not taking any steps to get Twitter as a native app?? RIM it's high time c'mon.....
    07-02-12 03:27 AM
    since everyone on RIM is now 1000% on BB10 i doubt that PBOS will receive/be of any priority, at all. So we're looking at maybe Q2 next year, after BB10 launch.

No one would want to invest time & effort on PB OS, which is an evolving (beta) platform, with around 1-1.5 million users at the most. Developers and big apps would probably go straight to BB10, if RIM can persuade them, after all this mess.
    07-02-12 04:17 AM
    I have heard many good things about Blaq. Maybe RIM feels that its users should support developers especially when it is only a couple of dollars.
    07-02-12 04:28 AM
    i used blaq as well, pretty good.
    07-02-12 04:36 AM
    +1 for blaq. Way better then the native app on my 9810, and more then likely way better then any native app RIM would/will make.
    07-02-12 05:14 AM
    I tried Blaq and Blackbird but found both to be sluggish and difficult to navigate. So for now I'm using the native Android Twitter client under OS 2.1 beta. Works great and is very lightweight/responsive.

Worth a look...and it's free.

RCK
    07-02-12 05:47 AM
    -1000 on Blaq. It is a terrible Twitter app -- one of the poorest I have ever seen or used. It is unresponsive, clumsy, badly designed, lacking in features, and, yes, extremely sluggish. The native Twitter app for BB handhelds, while hardly the be all and end all in Twitter apps, is a complete joy to use compared to Blaq.
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    07-02-12 05:58 AM
    I find that the official Android app is the smoothest, most efficient choice right now. I doubt Twitter will do an official client for less than 2 million users. However, when a full Cascades implementation ships for PB I'm sure there will be 2-3 great native Twitter clients.
    07-02-12 06:01 AM
    -1000 on Blaq. It is a terrible Twitter app -- one of the poorest I have ever seen or used. It is unresponsive, clumsy, badly designed, lacking in features, and, yes, extremely sluggish. The native Twitter app for BB handhelds, while hardly the be all and end all in Twitter apps, is a complete joy to use compared to Blaq.
    I'm not saying that you're wrong, and please don't take this as a personal attack.

However, this does not relate to my experience with Blaq. I've found it accomplishes everything I want it to with minimum fuss. Not looking for an argument, but I am satisifed with it.

Barljo
    07-02-12 07:43 AM
    I find that the official Android app is the smoothest, most efficient choice right now. I doubt Twitter will do an official client for less than 2 million users. However, when a full Cascades implementation ships for PB I'm sure there will be 2-3 great native Twitter clients.
    Ah, good. In a year to a year and a half we will have one!
    07-02-12 08:53 AM
    Ah, good. In a year to a year and a half we will have one!
    Just about the time my Playbook battery will be due for a change. Perfect timing!
    07-02-12 12:06 PM
    Just about the time my Playbook battery will be due for a change. Perfect timing!
    Yes, and while you are in there replacing the battery, you can add an sd card slot - well non-functional slot!
    07-02-12 03:04 PM
    Take a closer look

Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, Yahoo, MySpace etc never made "official" apps for their IM/Social Networking services.

These "official" looking apps are actually done by RIM themselves. This is why you don't need a data plan to use those apps (Social Networking plan would suffice), and a few others .
    07-02-12 04:17 PM
    Take a closer look

Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, Yahoo, MySpace etc never made "official" apps for their IM/Social Networking services.

These "official" looking apps are actually done by RIM themselves. This is why you don't need a data plan to use those apps (Social Networking plan would suffice), and a few others .
    Is this their plan for Playbook? We're not really talking about the legacy phones are we?
    07-02-12 04:35 PM
    Is this their plan for Playbook? We're not really talking about the legacy phones are we?
    Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook is, as expected, created and maintained by Research In Motion.

Yes I would assume so, if BIS is still enabled on BlackBerry 10 smartphones then I believe RIM will create those clients and still maintain them. Here's why,

If BIS is still around, this means social networking plans can still exist. Now you see that if the BlackBerry 10 smartphones have these apps porting them to the PlayBook is much easier. Why have two vendors for the same app when you can have one and port it to the other device?
    07-02-12 06:58 PM
    offIcial android version of twitter works very well on pb. no need for native one pretty much imo. you just to have it side loaded

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    07-02-12 07:27 PM
    since everyone on RIM is now 1000% on BB10 i doubt that PBOS will receive/be of any priority, at all. So we're looking at maybe Q2 next year, after BB10 launch.

No one would want to invest time & effort on PB OS, which is an evolving (beta) platform, with around 1-1.5 million users at the most. Developers and big apps would probably go straight to BB10, if RIM can persuade them, after all this mess.
    Well I'm sure the PlayBook is planned to run BB10 anyway, so it will be then. I guess the mobile version (link) of twitter will do.
    07-02-12 07:32 PM
    IMHO the best Twitter application for PlayBook by far is Blaq, I do appreciate the extra effort that went into making it.
    07-03-12 04:15 AM
    Isn't the twitter app on PB is a web app dedicated for PB? Didn't they make it?
    07-03-12 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD