My contract ended a couple months ago. I was all set to get the Q10 to replace the 9810 until the lack of bridge functionality wasn't addressed. I'll keep my 9810 / PB combo until one of them become problematic or something better comes along. Either BB gets their act together and shows their legacy users a bit of respect or I'll move my loyalties also. Until then I still have a great combo.
    This is my plan now as well. Thanks for all of your replies.
    08-05-13 06:47 AM
    Ok then Easter! Little rabbits and ducks? That should cheer everyone up. If not bourbon will do the trick!
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    08-05-13 04:38 PM
    Ok then Easter! Little rabbits and ducks? That should cheer everyone up. If not bourbon will do the trick!
    How 'bout Independence Day - 4th of July when we loosed the shackles of that damn UK!
    08-05-13 06:25 PM
    How 'bout Independence Day - 4th of July when we loosed the shackles of that damn UK!
    Nope cause I detest turkey so I'm out!
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-05-13 06:34 PM
    Nope cause I detest turkey so I'm out!
    You're out anyway. 4th of July - hot dogs, hamburgers, bbq, strawberry ice cream.

Think T - Turkey = Thanksgiving.
    08-05-13 08:08 PM
    You're out anyway. 4th of July - hot dogs, hamburgers, bbq, strawberry ice cream.

Think T - Turkey = Thanksgiving.
    I'm never going to get this right am I. I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien, I'm an English man in a **** hole!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and dphjeff like this.
    08-05-13 09:23 PM
    As a big Trek and Family Guy geek I love it. One of my favorite episodes.

the new BlackBerry corporate motto

08-06-13 12:04 AM
    A recently laid off Blackberry employee that was on the PlayBook team reported that flash drives containing the only images of a massive update to the current OS enabling OTG USB, Android runtime updated to 4.xxx, BBM Bridge, etc, and a fully functional stripped down version of BB10 were sadly left in the cars and could not be recovered before the vehicles had been hauled off to the scrap yard:

"BlackBerry, on it's way to the junkyard"

Experts , and consumers wanting a tablet and cell phone combo estimate it is only a matter of time before BlackBerry's device division suffers a similar fate:

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-06-13 at 10:42 AM.
    08-06-13 12:58 AM
    there might be some small bug fixes and that is going to be it probably. I dont think they will even fix the bridge at this point
    And this is the reason that people are leaving BlackBerry for other platforms. For those of us whom have stuck with BlackBerry there seems to be no effort by BlackBerry to prove they understand their users any more. Would it kill the company to fix BlackBerry Bridge?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22, dphjeff, axllebeer and 1 others like this.
    08-06-13 01:51 AM
    And this is the reason that people are leaving BlackBerry for other platforms. For those of us whom have stuck with BlackBerry there seems to be no effort by BlackBerry to prove they understand their users any more. Would it kill the company to fix BlackBerry Bridge?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    They'd have to admit that there is such a thing as the PB. Like the former great Soviet empire, they rewrite history and remove unwanted facts.
    08-06-13 08:44 AM
    Experts , and consumers wanting a tablet and cell phone combo estimate it is only a matter of time before BlackBerry's device division suffers a similar fate:
    The thing is: BBOS + PlayBook WAS the ONLY "tablet / cell phone combo" that exists!

iPad is a tablet and iPhone is a cell phone, but they are barely connected by the tenuous thread of 'iCloud', which is the opposite of what BBOS + PlayBook was.

Android's "combo" is even more tenuous, as Android's ecosystem is an entropic free-for-all that most users are just drowning in.

The idea of having your data on YOUR handheld device, not in the cloud, but backed-up to YOUR home computer, not a public / hackable computer, and having the ability to connect to handheld device securely through a tablet with a more welcoming and usable (larger) user interface was unique to BBOS / PlayBook... maybe someone in BB10 development will just integrate Bridge functionality back into BB10 on their own accord and not wait for orders and we'll get Bridge back... but I'm not holding out hope for management to come to their senses.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and Carl Estes like this.
    08-07-13 10:23 AM
    The thing is: BBOS + PlayBook WAS the ONLY "tablet / cell phone combo" that exists!

iPad is a tablet and iPhone is a cell phone, but they are barely connected by the tenuous thread of 'iCloud', which is the opposite of what BBOS + PlayBook was.

Android's "combo" is even more tenuous, as Android's ecosystem is an entropic free-for-all that most users are just drowning in.

The idea of having your data on YOUR handheld device, not in the cloud, but backed-up to YOUR home computer, not a public / hackable computer, and having the ability to connect to handheld device securely through a tablet with a more welcoming and usable (larger) user interface was unique to BBOS / PlayBook... maybe someone in BB10 development will just integrate Bridge functionality back into BB10 on their own accord and not wait for orders and we'll get Bridge back... but I'm not holding out hope for management to come to their senses.
    Absolutely an underdeveloped selling point. They never exploited this unique ability. And now, HE hints at a mobile ecosystem and has demonstrated absolutely nothing. By the time Rim (they are really unchanged into bbry) may act, most folks will have decided 5 years is too long to wait and will hopped aboard other platforms for both tablets and phones.
    cmdr_dan and bbfan1040 like this.
    08-07-13 11:38 AM
    Check out Samsung tablets.

I wish your terrible comments were trolling. But BB can't seem to follow thru? Link, Outlook, Updates.

Good news- BB finally has some Great USA BB10 ads. 5 months late?

I wish BB the very best! Don't understand what's wrong?
    08-07-13 11:47 AM

THIS: How have they not gotten that this is what it's all about? It's maddening!!
    Last edited by sparrow300; 08-07-13 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Emphasis
    FF22 likes this.
    08-07-13 09:17 PM

RE: BBOS + PlayBook WAS the ONLY "tablet / cell phone combo" that exists!

Yep, and they killed it.

Q: One or the main selling points was BBM? connecting a PlayBook to BB cell phone, right?

As the number percentage wise, or market share of BB to other manufacturers cell phone is LOW (I think Android having greatest market share?) BB is coming out with some kind of BBM/ bridge app for other devices? (Android, IOS)

In other words they are coming out with a app to pair a PlayBook with a Android phone, or is it the app will pair a BB10 device with a Android/Apple tablet?
    08-08-13 01:06 AM
    RE: BBOS + PlayBook WAS the ONLY "tablet / cell phone combo" that exists!

Yep, and they killed it.

Q: One or the main selling points was BBM? connecting a PlayBook to BB cell phone, right?

As the number percentage wise, or market share of BB to other manufacturers cell phone is LOW (I think Android having greatest market share?) BB is coming out with some kind of BBM/ bridge app for other devices? (Android, IOS)

In other words they are coming out with a app to pair a PlayBook with a Android phone, or is it the app will pair a BB10 device with a Android/Apple tablet?
    rumor is they're going cross platform w/ BBM only, not bridge...
    08-13-13 09:23 PM
41 12