PB stopped charging b/c the right-most spring loaded pin isn't popping back up.

What to do?
    10-28-12 05:10 PM
    have you tried nudging it with a pin or somesuch? only, I bought a faulty/dead/replace-the-usb pb the other day, and after about 1minute with a fine screwdriver I had it up, charging, and thereafter working. give it a prod!
    10-28-12 05:34 PM
    You can try one of those spray lubricants for electronics. Or try playing with the pin with a toothpick or similar - pressing in and allowing to spring out.

Battery Guru, Peter, opened his up and raised the pin from the inside - use care. He did explain it in a thread somewhere.
    10-28-12 05:37 PM
    Yes I've tried poking in there but it feels like one of the springs is messed because the pin doesn't want to pop back up.
    terrieanne1 likes this.
    10-28-12 09:01 PM
    Got any wd40 laying around? try a little of that and let it sit for a bit, could be just a little dirt in there. Wd is non conductive, no need for anything fancy.
    It's liquid so might it " flush " it out
    10-29-12 08:44 AM
    The problem is not that the pin is "stuck" down -- it is down permanently because the spring that normally pushes it back up seems to have disappeared. if I turn the unit upside down and shake it, the pin falls back into place but as soon as I put the PB back on, the pin gets pushed down and stays down.

Landfill, I guess. :-(
    10-29-12 09:39 AM
    Well then look for Peters thread on opening it up, got nothing to lose or just call rim, they should replace it. I've had a charger replaced no questions asked, takes a good three weeks though. Oh yeah PHONE don't e-mail
    10-29-12 10:05 AM
    My 2 outside pin were pushed down.
    I used hydrperoxide on a quip and cleaned everywhere, thy still did not come up.
    I then used small needle nose players and was able to grasp the pin right on the edge, it was pushed right in, it came up, so I did the same with the other outer pin and it come up.
    There was no issues with the middle pin.
    All 3 pins are up and it works fine.
    07-05-19 04:57 PM