People sill use yahoo?
    Yes, it works. Why change? I have had the same contact points since the mid 90s. The hundreds of contacts I have made over a couple of decades can find me right where I should be. I learned this lesson the hard way. Change for the sake of change seldom yields positive results.
    08-01-13 06:37 PM
    Strange. I was reading the thread (using Origami) not planning to comment when tbe browser froze. I closed it and my PlayBook froze! Talk about bad Karma! First time for both. When everything was restarted, I couldn't find History (does Origami have a History function?). Still like the PlayBook AND Origami.
    08-01-13 07:38 PM
    Yes, it works. Why change?
    The interface. It used to stink when I switched to gmail. Last month yahoo asked (well this was probably a phishing but visited anyway) old users to give them another chance. So I revisited. Turns out they changed a lot but still sucks.

hundreds of contacts.....
    That's not really an issue. Importing is easy. e.g. Thousands of people switch and start/stop using work/edu emails everyday.
    --
    Yahoo got outdated. But you don't "have to" switch. My father still loves that crap and I still love him.
    08-01-13 09:04 PM
    I only within the past day or so installed the Origami Browser so I can't post in depth, but so far I like it.

So far as why everyone is going crazy over it, PlayBook owners are like a starving man on a desert island (in which you recently found out you've been *abandoned) finding a cache of fresh food, a wonderful freshly planted garden.

*PlayBook Abandoned:
    RIP PlayBook via Thorsten Heins announcement of 2013-06-28 in which he announced he was killing the BB10 update for the PlayBook even though BlackBerry knew back in 2012-09/10 BB10 OS needs 2gb ram and the PlayBook has 1gb.) Do the math, BlackBerry waited 8-9 MONTHS later to release the info the project was being cancelled...

More info here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8933551

PS: I do have a SUGGESTION to those complaining or wanting xyz feature added /making bug reports:

POST what version your using!

08-02-13 12:56 AM
    I've definitely sung it's praises. It's an excellent browser that gives the PB a much-needed boost. I haven't really seen "hype"; just a lot of appreciative end users who BB left hanging in the balance. Why wouldn't we be happy about such an app?

No crashes or hanging here, either. The versatility lies in the "modes" (booster, desktop, etc) and the fact that bookmarks remember these settings.
    08-02-13 10:50 AM
    The interface. It used to stink when I switched to gmail. Last month yahoo asked (well this was probably a phishing but visited anyway) old users to give them another chance. So I revisited. Turns out they changed a lot but still sucks
    That's not really an issue. Importing is easy. e.g. Thousands of people switch and start/stop using work/edu emails everyday.
    --
    Yahoo got outdated. But you don't "have to" switch. My father still loves that crap and I still love him.

By "contacts " I meant actual people I have worked with all over the world. A solid and unchanging point of contact is priceless over a lifetime. I have had people call or email me 20 years after having met them. If you are 20ish, consider establishing a "permanent" contact point with as solid a base as is possible with the changing world. I recommend staying away from pagers and social media. Flashy dies fast!
    dmlis and jbhq like this.
    08-02-13 01:05 PM
    Where is the history option in this browser "origami browser"
    08-07-13 03:34 PM
    Where is the history option in this browser "origami browser"
    It is being worked on from what I recall.
    08-07-13 04:46 PM
    I thought it was just me because I found it unusable to load pages. Loved the thinking of the developers with the gestures for navigating but I could not get pages to load. Will keep trying intermittently though.
    08-07-13 08:31 PM
    I just got it earlier and it is fantastic......it works just like my desktop browser......the stock one had the checkerboard alot.....Origami loads like a web browser SHOULD......and honestly, I don't see why we couldn't get NetFlix to work on it.....however, NetFlix does have the stupid Silverlight......
    08-08-13 04:42 AM
    a fool no......a cynic....a resounding yes. but not a fool
    I agree! I love this product as well.... erm..... what is is we are discussing?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 05:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll give you a hint: it's not brandy. So you might as well just leave.
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    08-08-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pasties from Origami Bakery Inc.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-08-13 11:31 AM
    Funny because I just downloaded it a week ago after searching for an Origami app. For me at least, once I saw there was gesture support, I was sold. Then I tried it. The stock browser works but this browser is so much more. Again it shows what could have been if Blackberry was serious in supporting the Playbook.
    08-08-13 12:28 PM
    I'll give you a hint: it's not brandy. So you might as well just leave.
    Ok that just got you and your pal below you on the list!!!!!

You know I'm stuck in this third world country and you both have to mention the two loves of my life. Please leave your zip codes so that I can bomb your houses...... mmmmm second thoughts I'll just park outside and push the panic button in my car!

How's them marbles for you babe?

Can't seem to get the hang of these sayings...... is there an app I can get?

Posted via CB10
    KittyBomb likes this.
    08-08-13 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can try Hooked on Ebonics or just watch some Starsky and Hutch reruns.
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    08-08-13 01:13 PM
    You can try Hooked on Ebonics or just watch some Starsky and Hutch reruns.
    Or Happy Days, or Welcome Back Kotter..........
    "up your nose with a rubber....." oh forget it............

C
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-08-13 01:17 PM
    Ok that just got you and your pal below you on the list!!!!!

You know I'm stuck in this third world country and you both have to mention the two loves of my life. Please leave your zip codes so that I can bomb your houses...... mmmmm second thoughts I'll just park outside and push the panic button in my car!

How's them marbles for you babe?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as soon as you get an Android or apple device.
    08-08-13 02:58 PM
    spoiler allert....lassy dies
    08-08-13 03:17 PM
    If you were going to get a different browser then the stock browser which I think is unreal already. I'd get the Evolution Browser one it does everything Origami Browser/Stock but better

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:20 PM
    spoiler allert....lassy dies
    And with that so does Timmie....
    08-08-13 03:24 PM
    If you were going to get a different browser then the stock browser which I think is unreal already. I'd get the Evolution Browser one it does everything Origami Browser/Stock but better

Posted via CB10
    you do know this is a playbook forum right ....and you do know evolution browser is not available for the playbook right ?
    08-08-13 03:31 PM
    oh oh oh, is this the start of a list of all the things the playbook doesn't have???

naw forget it, the CB servers couldn't handle the post load
    08-08-13 04:54 PM
    Speed and checkerboarding are not the point. My ten bucks donation was for just two features. Find on page, and that wonderful dead spot scroll pad that saves me tapping stooooopid ad links every time I try to scroll. The stock browser is now unusable in comparison.

There is no hype. Origami browser is simply Bucking Frilliant.
    08-08-13 05:17 PM
    I didn't find the oragami browser any quicker than the stock browser either?
    08-08-13 05:39 PM
127 12345 ...