I didn't find the oragami browser any quicker than the stock browser either?
    uh your holding it wrong
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-08-13 06:13 PM
    ..and you do know evolution browser is not available for the playbook right ?
    Reportedly, the KStar was able to sideload the evolution browser thru one of his/her private orifices.
    08-08-13 06:13 PM
    I didn't find the oragami browser any quicker than the stock browser either?
    It will depend on the websites you visit. If you never experienced any checkerboarding with the stock browser, you won't notice any difference, e.g. if you load Google on both. I have always experienced checkerboarding with the native browser at CB. It is gone and the page loads right up with Origami. To be fair it also is gone with Fast browser but I like the interface of Origami. So, next time you come across a site that checkerboards, load it with Origami and you will notice the difference.
    Barracuda7772 and sad_old_man like this.
    08-09-13 07:23 AM
    Yes, as soon as you get an Android or apple device.
    I already have both!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:06 AM
    I already have both!

Posted via CB10
    you sir walk the line.....walk it hard lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-09-13 09:09 AM
    you do know this is a playbook forum right ....and you do know evolution browser is not available for the playbook right ?
    Oops my bad didn't mean to start anything haha

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    08-09-13 12:21 PM
    uh your holding it wrong
    Apparently I am also. Maybe a courtesy video demonstration is in order?
    08-09-13 01:28 PM
    you sir walk the line.....walk it hard lol
    While I am walking can you tell me anything about making popcorn?
    08-09-13 01:53 PM
    3 mins give or take in the microwave. or for you puritans out there butter or lard in a pan with a lid
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-09-13 02:11 PM
    3 mins give or take in the microwave. or for you puritans out there butter or lard in a pan with a lid
    Aaarrggghhhhh, pan? Pan? Wots with the pan crap? I already have a kitchen full of pans so why have i had to buy an imitation of a transformer labeled popcorn maker?
    08-09-13 02:15 PM
    Take the machine back. Go to the theatre where "Oblivion" is playing. Order the big tub with butter. You can afford it. Kill two ducks with one stone. 1) You beat the heat; 2) You spend the night with your Top Gun idol Tom Cruise.
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    08-09-13 02:44 PM
    Origami browser has started me using my PB again. For the past several months it was literally turned on like once a month, now I can actually use it to surf the 'net. The other browsers were pretty bad, this one is very good.
    sad_old_man and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-09-13 02:47 PM
    Origami browser has started me using my PB again. For the past several months it was literally turned on like once a month, now I can actually use it to surf the 'net. The other browsers were pretty bad, this one is very good.
    Careful now Mr Bear. That comment could attract silly comments. By the way do you know how to work a popcorn machine thingy?
    08-09-13 02:56 PM
    Do not remove the lid before the popping has stopped. If one of those expanding foil contraption, leave the foil in place till finished. If a microwave variety, leave the bag sealed.

As I write this I can see Lucile Ball skit with popcorn running amok! (amok is an Eskimo word for wearing a down jacket in Florida in the Summer)
    08-09-13 06:21 PM
    On 10meg broadband and its SO slow to load pages, worse than stock !
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-09-13 06:35 PM
    Actually I feel the original poster has a point. This browser is not the holy grail, and I have deleted this and returned to using stock as I find it less intuitive - the gestures don't seem logical to my mind at all, and my success rate at activating them is not as high as I would like.

HOWEVER - it is worth pointing out that this developer is offering this app for free, and he really is a very clever chap, as frankly it is a very polished little browser. Just perhaps not as great as many here are cracking it up to be.
    08-09-13 06:46 PM
    I love Origami if for no other reason I can access the kindle cloud reader and start using kindle again and drop Kobo.

Funny how Blackberry couldn't even accomplish that. I would laugh to hear that hulu access was available with Origami.
    nappp and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-09-13 09:30 PM
    On 10meg broadband and its SO slow to load pages, worse than stock !
    Behave you. Remember your already on my list and I'm closer to you now. By the way where have you been?
    08-10-13 06:54 AM
    I'm with the OP. Instead of checkerboarding it white screens. It has as many issues as the stock browser. While it does have more features it really isn't all that much better.
    08-10-13 07:31 AM
    for all those complaining, even if and that's a big if origami browser is only as fast as the stock browser all of the features such as gestures make it worlds better alone
    sad_old_man and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-10-13 07:41 AM
    for all those complaining, even if and that's a big if origami browser is only as fast as the stock browser all of the features such as gestures make it worlds better alone
    Ear ear goldfish, I'm with you. I like it a lot and to the developer well done and thank you. Why are we surprised when developers won't touch the pb. It's like being a one legged man at an arse kicking competition! Damned for trying and damned for not trying? Yet we all forgive a company the size of BB for releasing half finished products by stating that it will all be fixed in the near future. Please boys, show some decorum at least!
    08-10-13 08:00 AM
    You don't have to deny the awesomeness of this application and its developer to admit that it actually has been hyped (if only just a little, obviously). That, however, has nothing to do with the application or the developer as such.

edit: I think you'd call them fanboys in these parts...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-10-13 01:50 PM
    You don't have to deny the awesomeness of this application and its developer to admit that it actually has been hyped (if only just a little, obviously). That, however, has nothing to do with the application or the developer as such.

edit: I think you'd call them fanboys in these parts...
    Oooohhhh can I have one of those please?
    08-10-13 02:40 PM
    Oooohhhh can I have one of those please?
    Here I was thinking, you already had a few of those...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-10-13 03:10 PM
    Here I was thinking, you already had a few of those...
    I know, one of them keeps fishing outside my house.
    08-11-13 07:06 AM
127 ... 23456