Certainly over exaggerated emotionally (wow, who'd have thunk around here), but I can see the point. I'm happy with Origami to a point. It does what the baked in browser can't do, but when Origami let's me down (and it does let down from time to time), I return to the native one. Horses for courses. I think the emotion of both the OP and some of the respondants was a little overdone here.
    08-01-13 12:59 AM
    Troll? Haha your a fool my friend..
    *you're

Fired from my Z10
    TommyBB and GreenCopperz like this.
    08-01-13 01:18 AM
    Hands down this browser rocks. Everything that I found lacking in the native browser and a whole lot more.

-NOT built with AIR
    - checkerboarding and load times reduced
    - text entry into forms is speedy
    - user agent selector
    - clicking a zillion times on a url to redirect fixed
    - hasn't crashed once
    - I can have more than 5 tabs open without crashing
    - YouTube works perfectly
    - Ad block!
    - bookmark management
    ... A ton more

It actually makes the Playbook a major competitor in the tablet market, minus the lack of apps.
    The development of this browser by the community really goes to show how bloated and near sighted RIM was regarding this device. This is not only the best produced app I've used for the playbook, but is not the most integral app released for the playbook. This app IS the playbook!

Makes me so angry that RIM with it's billions of dollars was unable to support this device and consistently delivered us false hope.

I'd like to express my thanks to the development team on this. You have really enhanced the experience on this device. I will be donating for sure.

Thanks again!!!!,
    08-01-13 01:41 AM
    No, you are not the only one. I installed it because some people wrote it was faster. From my point of view it is not. but I would not say that its garbage. I'm glad to see that someone is still developping for the PB and I hope he will continue to improve it.
    Revampd and sisko2003 like this.
    08-01-13 03:23 AM
    I prefer Fast Browser over Origami. I am not getting used to the gestures and don't think they are that useful on a tablet. Can't say which one is more stable or faster. But I like to mention that the BB browser still is good and I enjoy the reading mode a lot.
    08-01-13 03:38 AM
    I just wanna say...it's free and still great browser to me.
    "it freezes.. it lags.. pages don't load.. its garbage"
    That may be your router is getting old , did you check connection.
    Again, it's free .If you don't like it, don't use.
    Didn't your mom told you that if someone did something for you, say thank you.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-01-13 03:43 AM
    While I do agree that it freezes at times, force closes (can resume from where it left off tho), and sometimes hangs, I don't agree that stock browser is better. The load speed is better on Origami, and so is the functionality and layout.

Posted via CB10
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    08-01-13 03:43 AM
    Instead of bashing Origami, which serves no useful purpose, let's help the Developer by thinking of ways to improve it and passing our suggestions on to him.
    Also, please make an appropriate donation to him, if you can.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-01-13 07:06 AM
    I encourage you to give it another shot. It has never frozen on me. You must be having other problems.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 07:11 AM
    Agreed that I believe the fanfare surrounding Origami is a little overdone, but to be fair, it's a quality app, free and appeared following BB's announcement of no further development on the tablet. I think part of the fanfare is just the hope for quality apps to come out of the community to allow for improved usefulness going forward.

I do find it to be a big improvement over the stock browser and have not ran into a website which does not load. It is still an app in development, so my suggestion would be that if you find websites which do not load, let the developer know. If the developer doesn't get feedback, they assume that everything is okay.
    08-01-13 07:18 AM
    I do not understand all the hype with origami browser??? is it just because its new and its creating hype ? to me , it doesn't even compare to the original stock browser the playbook has to offer. it freezes.. it lags.. pages don't load.. its garbage
    Thor is that you trying not to make your own developers look like a bunch of ID10t because they couldn't make a better browser on the PlayBook In over two years? Oh but it is the RAM, I forgot!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 07:36 AM
    Agreed that I believe the fanfare surrounding Origami is a little overdone, but to be fair, it's a quality app, free and appeared following BB's announcement of no further development on the tablet. I think part of the fanfare is just the hope for quality apps to come out of the community to allow for improved usefulness going forward.

I do find it to be a big improvement over the stock browser and have not ran into a website which does not load. It is still an app in development, so my suggestion would be that if you find websites which do not load, let the developer know. If the developer doesn't get feedback, they assume that everything is okay.
    I think it might be a little over reaction but you have to take it in context. Pretty heavy despair that PB and apps will never update and issues over the stock browser and checkerboarding. I really could not come to CB because of the checkerboarding. Fast browser helped alot but was introduced when a glimmer of hope for BB10 browser existed. Origami has a great Chrome-like interface with alot of great features. Hope, any hope, in a sea of despair is gonna get you over reaction.
    jjs6w, tovento and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-01-13 07:58 AM
    I think it might be a little over reaction but you have to take it in context. Pretty heavy despair that PB and apps will never update and issues over the stock browser and checkerboarding. I really could not come to CB because of the checkerboarding. Fast browser helped alot but was introduced when a glimmer of hope for BB10 browser existed. Origami has a great Chrome-like interface with alot of great features. Hope, any hope, in a sea of despair is gonna get you over reaction.
    Agreed on these points, and maybe my post seemed more negative than I meant. I've been very positive towards the arrival of Origami and wish that I could use it as my default browser. I just think that posts like "Try Origami browser...it'll save your Playbook" is a little much, though. Like you said, in a sea of despair, a glimmer of light will be cause for celebration.
    08-01-13 08:56 AM
    it doesn't even compare to the original stock browser the playbook has to offer. it freezes.. it lags.. pages don't load.. its garbage
    Not at all consistent with my experience.

The following observations, of course, are based on my direct experiences and may not be representative of the experiences of others.

In some important areas, Origami has been superior to the stock browser. Origami handles one of my favorite paid live video streaming websites much better than the stock browser. Using Origami's gestures for webpage up and down much better than the stock browser alternatives.

In some areas, the stock browser is superior to Origami. The stock browser handles RAM bleed with multiple tabs much better than does Origami. I've opened 50+ tabs on the stock browser and managed to keep them open simultaneously for days, with occasional closings and reopenings of the browser to refresh RAM (which isn't a time-intensive process). I wouldn't even try to keep more than 8-10 tabs open simultaneously on Origami.

The Booster process on the Origami often gets "stuck" on my Playbooks. The analogous procedure on the Playbook works quickly and well.

Both the Origami and the stock browser are quite stable on my Playbooks. Not as stable as Firefox running on my Windows OS computers, but quite stable.
    rthonpm and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-01-13 09:44 AM
    Origami is my goto browser since beta 0.x ............OP, you sound frustrated, scorned and bitter, seems to me you have an ulterior agenda masquerading in your vitriol?!
    08-01-13 10:27 AM
    I think it's great, much better than the default browser imo. Has it been perfect? No, I've found a couple of sites, like the Subaru site there is a tool you can build a car online to price it out and that tool doesn't seem work properly with Origami, but over all I like it a lot. Sorry it doesn't do it for the OP.
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-01-13 10:31 AM
    No, the Origami Browser is not the greatest thing since sliced bread or the development of the microprocessor. In my experience with it, it's been a little slower on some sites than the stock browser and also has some issues with pages, but as a version 1 product, I'm willing to put up with a few hiccoughs. I'm generally using my PlayBook bridged and that seems to slow down Origami a little more than the stock browser, but on wireless no such issue.

Given a few more tweaks and some development time I think that Origami can really improve and be a great asset to PlayBook users, though it's certainly more than serviceable in its current state.
    08-01-13 11:35 AM
    Found that simple browser will allow you to access two yahoo accounts that are available under one user name. Origami won't. Actually, I haven't found anything else that will yet. Nothing wrong with the Origami Browser though. I had to shut off the supper scrolling thingy. Too fancy for me.
    People sill use yahoo?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-01-13 11:46 AM
    People sill use yahoo?
    No, it's Ya-who?
    08-01-13 01:15 PM
    I do not understand all the hype with origami browser??? is it just because its new and its creating hype ? to me , it doesn't even compare to the original stock browser the playbook has to offer. it freezes.. it lags.. pages don't load.. its garbage
    I haven't used it a whole lot but I've never had those issues. I'm assuming most people here haven't either because there are a couple threads on it and the developer has been very good at fixing things when people take the time to give some feedback instead of just complaining.
    Cynycl, FF22 and Toodeurep like this.
    08-01-13 01:58 PM
    I have to agree with mike banjany. The browser was no faster than stock. It didn't checkerboard, it just left the screen partially blank until it loaded. I also found it was very hard on my battery and I therefore deleted it.
    08-01-13 04:29 PM
    Just started using it recently yet to see any significant differences

Posted via Z10
    08-01-13 04:33 PM
    Troll? Haha your a fool my friend.. I have nothing better to do after a long day of work than bash some developer that made a free app.. Hahah such a fool.. just simply trying to get feedback

Posted via CB10
    a fool no......a cynic....a resounding yes. but not a fool
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-01-13 04:40 PM
    OP is getting bashed on too quickly. I mean, Origami Browser is a bit ahead of the stock browser but I think what he's trying to say is that it doesn't go by much. Now this could be because of his crappy connection or his reasonable lost hope for the Playbook itself.

The only reason why we praise it so much is because of what it gives us, hope.

douevenCB10?
    08-01-13 04:41 PM
    Whats the hype with Origami Browser-imgres.jpeg
    Grumpy much?
    Cynycl, Toodeurep and TommyBB like this.
    08-01-13 06:25 PM
127 1234 ...