Post in this forum a bit ago got me looking for PB on Craigslist.

Found 16G listed at $300, asked for price and told them about price drops (texting)

Came back at $180. Good deal? Go for it? Local - will meet up and check out.

What do I look for to make sure PB is in good condition? Warranty transfer?

Only checked 'em out at displays, don't have any experience other than that. But, confident BB user for few years.

Thanks for the help
    09-26-11 01:24 PM
    Um, yeah, $180 seems like a pretty solid deal to me..
    09-26-11 01:33 PM
    Found 16G listed at $300, asked for price and told them about price drops (texting)
    Only checked 'em out at displays, don't have any experience other than that. But, confident BB user for few years.
    Thanks for the help
    Good deal would be if you can find someone who will pay you money to take the playbook of their hand.
    09-26-11 01:57 PM
    Manufacturer warranties don't transfer.
    09-26-11 01:59 PM
    A good deal for Craigslist would be one were you end up with the product that you want to get and not getting mugged.
    boldman4 likes this.
    09-26-11 02:10 PM
    Manufacturer warranties don't transfer.
    Check again.

Either way i doubt most registered unless they opened a support ticket with RIM.
    09-26-11 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the help
    Good deal would be if you can find someone who will pay you money to take the playbook of their hand.
    09-26-11 02:31 PM
    That's a great deal at that price ...ideally try the unit in a Wi-Fi zone ....meet at McDonalds ..they have free Wi-Fi zone or anywhere else for that matter ....make sure that the unit can load a webpage. If you have a Blackberry (why wouldn't you) ...make sure to download the Blackberry Bridge on your phone .... and try an pair your phone with the Playbook via bluetooth .....voila, you should be able to see your calendar, messages and contacts (none of these are native applications on the Playbook - can only be seen via your BB). Enjoy your purchase ...I acquired my 64GB PB for $420, new in the box, approx 2 months ago from Craigslist - thing works like a charm.
    09-26-11 02:32 PM
    Check again.

Either way i doubt most registered unless they opened a support ticket with RIM.
    k...

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/playb...lish)%20cl.pdf

Warranty. RIM warrants to the original end-user purchaser of a new BlackBerry PlayBook (�YOU�), that
    the BlackBerry PlayBook hardware manufactured by or on behalf of RIM will be free from defects
    (including any hidden defects) in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period that concludes
    one (1) year from the date that the BlackBerry PlayBook was originally purchased YOU (the �Warranty
    Period�). This Limited Warranty is not transferable by YOU.
    09-26-11 02:43 PM
    see if they do 160, but then take 180 if not lol
    09-26-11 02:46 PM
    That's a great deal at that price ...ideally try the unit in a Wi-Fi zone ....meet at McDonalds ..they have free Wi-Fi zone or anywhere else for that matter ....make sure that the unit can load a webpage. If you have a Blackberry (why wouldn't you) ...make sure to download the Blackberry Bridge on your phone .... and try an pair your phone with the Playbook via bluetooth .....voila, you should be able to see your calendar, messages and contacts (none of these are native applications on the Playbook - can only be seen via your BB). Enjoy your purchase ...I acquired my 64GB PB for $420, new in the box, approx 2 months ago from Craigslist - thing works like a charm.
    Jiffer, Thanks - good scoop. Was planning McD's meetup, wi-fi, etc. But . . . r.e. BlackBerry Bridge - ATT 9800.

What is the ATT issue in a nut shell? - know I've read a lot before but wasn't planning tablet purchase until recently. Not due to price but new sales job on the road, i think I can put this PB to good use - presentations, slide shows, etc

Link is ok for an answer!
    09-26-11 03:25 PM
    Check again.

Also very good scoop. Thank you, _x.
    09-26-11 03:28 PM
    Jiffer, Thanks - good scoop. Was planning McD's meetup, wi-fi, etc. But . . . r.e. BlackBerry Bridge - ATT 9800.

What is the ATT issue in a nut shell? - know I've read a lot before but wasn't planning tablet purchase until recently. Not due to price but new sales job on the road, i think I can put this PB to good use - presentations, slide shows, etc

Link is ok for an answer!
    I'll let others answer this ...but basically it comes down to the tethering feature ...I believe that AT&T charges for this feature when you use the Bridge Browser via your phone to use the internet on the PlayBook. apparently, if you download the Blackberry Bridge via OTA (over the air) to your phone rather than through App World, you can stiff AT&T on the tethering charges ...or something to that effect. Just search tethering and AT&T in the search feature ....you'll find the right answer. Beauty of the Playbook and BB is that you don't have to subscribe to an additional 3G package to have your PB connected to the net ...apparently, AT&T sees that differently and are trying to make a buck off of this ...thankfully, the crew at Crackberry is pretty clever and have found a solution to bypass all of this AT&T crap I believe. . .
    09-26-11 03:35 PM
    I'll let others answer this ...but basically it comes down to the tethering feature ...I believe that AT&T charges for this feature when you use the Bridge Browser via your phone to use the internet on the PlayBook. apparently, if you download the Blackberry Bridge via OTA (over the air) to your phone rather than through App World, you can stiff AT&T on the tethering charges ...or something to that effect. Just search tethering and AT&T in the search feature ....you'll find the right answer. Beauty of the Playbook and BB is that you don't have to subscribe to an additional 3G package to have your PB connected to the net ...apparently, AT&T sees that differently and are trying to make a buck off of this ...thankfully, the crew at Crackberry is pretty clever and have found a solution to bypass all of this AT&T crap I believe. . .
    thanks again! Will search and review.
    09-26-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD