I'm not the best tech savy ... That's why I came here to ask my bb fellows about this topic. Like everyone knows adobe announced no more development of flash and they will even block the app on the play store after august 15, what's gonna happen with people like us with playbooks or even more those of us waiting for bb10? I just wanna know if RIM has the permission to develop their own flash to their products, and bb10 browser won't have flash on browser? Please someone explain me what all this news means for us playbook and future bb10 owners? Thank in advance
    07-01-12 09:12 AM
    Like everyone knows adobe announced no more development of flash
    No more development of flash on Android. Not flash in general.

From last year but should still apply. http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/11/...-and-tomorrow/
    07-01-12 09:18 AM
    I hope it'll have a flash player. I travel a lot and use my playbook to stream movies and TV shows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    07-01-12 09:18 AM
    No more development of flash on Android. Not flash in general.

From last year but should still apply. http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/11/...-and-tomorrow/
    So that mean next playbook 2.1 or higher won't support flash? If is like that I rather not to update!!
    07-01-12 09:24 AM
    So that mean next playbook 2.1 or higher won't support flash? If is like that I rather not to update!!
    Well RIM did say they will update it. But like most things when it is updated on pc's it takes RIM months to get the update to the pb and by then it's updated again already.
    07-01-12 09:28 AM
    Well RIM did say they will update it. But like most things when it is updated on pc's it takes RIM months to get the update to the pb and by then it's updated again already.
    That's true... But my question really is if RIM is permitted to develop flash mobile even if adobe aren't developing anymore!! Is that possible?
    07-01-12 09:35 AM
    As long as adobe is proving the tools or they have the tools and brains. Adobe has no problem with it.
    07-01-12 09:37 AM
    As long as adobe is proving the tools or they have the tools and brains. Adobe has no problem with it.
    Thanks... That would be great! We bb owners would exclusive manage to have flash on mobile, I know a lots of Apple fans don't care about flash because they never had it, but I'm from those who use a lots of flash websites on the go
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-01-12 09:42 AM
    The PlayBook does NOT use Flash Mobile. It uses a different variant of Flash and yes BlackBerry 10 will still support Flash.
    07-01-12 09:46 AM
    This is a link to copy of Adobe's statement of Flash for Mobile

Adobe: Flash will not be supported in Android OS 4.1 | MobileSyrup.com
    07-01-12 11:40 AM
    The PlayBook does NOT use Flash Mobile. It uses a different variant of Flash and yes BlackBerry 10 will still support Flash.
    Does this mean that I'll have to use the full site and not the mobile site, or what?
    07-02-12 06:07 AM
    Does this mean that I'll have to use the full site and not the mobile site, or what?
    No you can turn flash off. With or without flash you can view mobile or full depending on what you prefer.
    07-02-12 07:29 AM
    ... But my question really is if RIM is permitted to develop flash mobile even if adobe aren't developing anymore!! Is that possible?
    I'm certain that I've read that RIM has a license to continue developing Flash. So if RIM wants to put resources there (and I'm sure RIM would), then Flash would continue to be available as BB10 is developed.

I found a reference:

| Adobe's Mobile Flash Pullback Puts Android Tablet Makers in Tough Spot - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD
    RIM, for its part, says it has licensed Adobes source code and plans to continue supporting Flash on the PlayBook. As an Adobe source code licensee, we will continue to work on and release our own implementations. RIM remains committed to delivering an uncompromised Web browsing experience to our customers, including native support for Adobe Flash Player on our BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (similar to a desktop PC browser), as well as HTML5 support on both our BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook browsers ...
    07-02-12 10:34 AM
    Just because Adobe will not support flash on mobile devices doesn't mean you can't use flash on your device. It just means Adobe does not support it. With the rise of mobile devices and the decline of desktop use flash will slowly fade out of existance. It may take 5 - 10 years but it will happen. Adobe has all but conceded this point. I for one am very glad to see it go. That does not mean that I won't use it when I have to until it is finally dead.
    07-02-12 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD