What could be causing this drastic drop of battery power on my sleeping Playbook?

It's completely dead when I try to turn it on in the mornings.

What's causing this Insane battery drain on my PB?-img_00000017.jpg
    10-21-12 03:14 AM
    Something about that attachment doesn't look right.
    I see an 8% loss in 8 days followed by 8% charge in 24 hours. The discharge and charge could be possible in a 18-24 period.
    Maybe if you set it to day mode instead of month it might be easier to read. Better yet, buy the Battery Guru app.

A couple of things people have reported as battery drainers are manual sync for native email and hotmail account. If you are using manual sync switch it any other time interval. If you're using a hotmail account, remove it and see if the drain stops. I haven't had either of those problems but have seen rapid drain in standby when the browser is left open on the YouTube Page.
    10-21-12 08:06 AM
    Charged all night, been using about one hour an at 66% already.
    10-21-12 08:24 AM
    Maybe an android app that isn't playing nice?
    10-21-12 08:28 AM
    I too experienced this issue after the OS update, I was losing 8-10% of my battery in stand by in 45 minutes to an hour. I ran a couple different battery apps and they showed nothing of real interest, so I figured it had to be tied to something I had updated or downloaded recently. Tiny Birds was the only app that had updated after my OS upgrade so I deleted it, rebooted twice and now my battery life is better than it was before. You might take that approach and see if it works for you.
    10-21-12 09:44 AM
    What could be causing this drastic drop of battery power on my sleeping Playbook?

It's completely dead when I try to turn it on in the mornings.
    It can be many reasons:

1)
    Have you enabled WiFi file-sharing on your Playbook?
    It seems that IF there are any non-disconnected connections between Windows and the Playbook, sometimes the connection is kept alive and drains battery.
    Solution: Turning OFF WiFi file-sharing on PB

2)
    If Filesharing is already OFF - but WiFi on - try to switch WiFi OFF, and see what happens.

3)
    It has been reported that some Android apps don't exit properly, and even after closing the app, they still hook into the system and drains.
    Solution: Reboot PB, and not start any Android apps (just to test) - then one by one start the apps you use - and try to determine which one cause the issue.

4) Email sync
    When set to "Manual" - some have reported heavy battery drain...
    Solution: Set to Automatic PUSH

5)...
    If non of the above, try to set device in "flight" mode, disabling both Bluetooth and WiFi - it might help...
    10-21-12 11:10 AM
    Get Advanced Application Manager from the BB app store. It will at least show you if an Android app is still running and allow you to kill it. Don't know which battery app you are using but apparently it doesn't give you real time power usage as Battery Guru does every two minutes. I'm patient for two minures.
    10-21-12 01:06 PM
    I have found that when my Bluetooth is turned on and is searching for a connection, the battery drain is quite substantial. If I turn it off, the drain is very little.
    10-21-12 03:30 PM
    Thanks everyone, you guys are pros! I'm not sure what did it but I uninstalled Tiny Birds and switched my email sync off of "manual". Battery does not crash anymore!

FYI, it wasn't WIFI or BT being left on. This issues occured with WIFI off, BT off and WIFI sharing is always off.
    10-22-12 08:47 AM
    Thanks for reporting back - it might help others.
    10-22-12 10:15 AM
    That bug about battery drain happening while email is set to "manual" made no sense to me! I only switched to manual to SAVE battery life!
    10-22-12 02:59 PM
    Interesting that some are deleting Tiny Birds to solve this problem. I have Tiny Birds on my pb and it doesn't seem to be affecting my battery unless I'm using it. I always make sure I use the "back arrow" in the player as far as I can go before closing the player and I'm having no issues with it at all. Curious...
    10-22-12 03:48 PM
    my sig explains it all...
    10-22-12 10:34 PM
    Every time someone posts about Skype or Netflix on the Playbook, it drains a lil' bit.
    10-22-12 10:42 PM
    That bug about battery drain happening while email is set to "manual" made no sense to me! I only switched to manual to SAVE battery life!
    phhh, tell me about it
    10-22-12 10:44 PM
    You realize the Technology is more efficient and that using Manual methods uses more energy. Rim has carried that to its illogical conclusion. Collecting email on your own just uses more power.

(sarcasm off)
    VR6 likes this.
    10-22-12 11:38 PM