I *LIKE* the secrecy at RIM at the moment - it finally shows that they're being serious about developing innovative technology and keeping it that way. We're used to seeing pics and specs of devices well before they arrived and have become spoiled in that regard. The problem is, the competitors are watching too and with the rapid pace of development can potentially release those features before the innovator.

Now RIM is a lot more like Apple... We saw pictures and specs of the new BBs, but I'll bet we don't get even close to that amount of information on the superphones until the very last moment. That's a good thing - someone like HTC can't steal the design and make it passe before RIM even gets a device out the door, for example. Since RIM is with so many carriers, I'll bet even the devices they send out for technical certification will be greatly different then the final product to keep the design and features secret. What do the carriers need to certify other than the radio and basic software anyway?

Silence is deafening, and sometimes that's not a bad thing...
    07-13-11 08:36 PM
    ......we all know the pb is the pimp of the tablets.........
    rofl lmao pmsl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 08:43 PM
    ive been a loyal blackberry user for quite some time, and i must say always loved their products, currently using a torch for quite some time....i got my playbook 3 months ago and like others been very patient on the updates, but i am getting very restless on the playbook... i mean i have this great device with killer specs, yet not much to do on it...but still i love my playbook... all i want to know is whats up with all the secrecy regarding os updates, timelines, no release dates...its only fair for us loyal consumers who spend lots of our hard earned money to know when to expect updates,can someone please explain RIMs attitud towards their own loyal public, i was expecting they would at least clear out the rumors behind playbook os updates, android apps, native email, etc at the shareholders meeting maybe just give us approximate release dates.... really dissapointed on how RIM is handling the whole thing....

im getting mad at rim also i have my playbook and i feel the apps suck and im not getting the full power of what i own i have a torch and im pretty depressed on how many things i cant do besides bbm :S im about to crumble to the apple if i get no results like really rim do more for your clients the browser on the playbook is great in terms of speed but not frendly at all when it comes to clicking copy paste or even scrolling up and down
    07-14-11 08:45 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD