ive been a loyal blackberry user for quite some time, and i must say always loved their products, currently using a torch for quite some time....i got my playbook 3 months ago and like others been very patient on the updates, but i am getting very restless on the playbook... i mean i have this great device with killer specs, yet not much to do on it...but still i love my playbook... all i want to know is whats up with all the secrecy regarding os updates, timelines, no release dates...its only fair for us loyal consumers who spend lots of our hard earned money to know when to expect updates,can someone please explain RIMs attitud towards their own loyal public, i was expecting they would at least clear out the rumors behind playbook os updates, android apps, native email, etc at the shareholders meeting maybe just give us approximate release dates.... really dissapointed on how RIM is handling the whole thing....
    luqman24, Marcel38, Matt J and 3 others like this.
    07-12-11 11:22 PM
    General panic and mutiny at RIM I suspect.
    07-12-11 11:34 PM
    panic??? fear that they wont be able to deliver on promised dates just like they did with the torch and playbook release????? i would expect a much more mature attitude from a company thats been a long time player in the industry, failing to make it on due dates = loosing money, but so is not giving their costumers something to look forward to
    07-12-11 11:53 PM
    ive been a loyal blackberry user for quite some time, and i must say always loved their products, currently using a torch for quite some time....i got my playbook 3 months ago and like others been very patient on the updates, but i am getting very restless on the playbook... i mean i have this great device with killer specs, yet not much to do on it...but still i love my playbook... all i want to know is whats up with all the secrecy regarding os updates, timelines, no release dates...its only fair for us loyal consumers who spend lots of our hard earned money to know when to expect updates,can someone please explain RIMs attitud towards their own loyal public, i was expecting they would at least clear out the rumors behind playbook os updates, android apps, native email, etc at the shareholders meeting maybe just give us approximate release dates.... really dissapointed on how RIM is handling the whole thing....
    +1. I want to know as well and feel the same way about my playbook. I just hope RIM saves its a*s soon or else they're gonna put themselves in a bigger hole than they are now. At this point all we can do is cross our fingers for something good to happen soon for the playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 11:58 PM
    Not to be too negative, well, maybe too negative - maybe they can't deliver on their promises. Oh, wait, there were no promises just partial statements of potential schedules of possible additions to a formative product. In other words all bets are off.
    dasDestruktion and Matt J like this.
    07-13-11 12:00 AM
    Whatever .....I'm just happy with my playbook> I suppose I will be shanghaied for that.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-13-11 at 12:16 AM.
    dadymon likes this.
    07-13-11 12:13 AM
    No news from RIM and they are having serious deadline issues (and yes they have had issues with deadlines) but i still have yet to see any company give an exact date on when certain things will happen. Look you have to give it some time, i know it may be hard to deal with and you may feel like you have wasted your money. But just because you spend your money on a product does not mean that company owes you or anybody exact dates on whats to come. Get mad we all may and quite frankly i have been upset with certain things but it still will not change the outcome.

If they gave everyone what they wanted when they wanted it these exact same threads would be posted with just a little different title, and the topic would be how they should have waited. I feel your anger on the issues but really what can you do besides take the product back, sale it and move on, but then that leads me to question if you did your research, cause i knew what I was buying and i also knew that nothing was going to happen overnight. So why stress about it and things that have never been relayed to anyone (like real dates) beside speculation
    Barljo and Marcel38 like this.
    07-13-11 12:16 AM
    of course i did my research and i bought my playbook cuz all the specs look promising a shiny new os with qnx platform... whats not to like... yet three months seem like an eternity especiallly with half baked products...im not saying i feel like a have wasted my money, on the contrary im so happy with my playbook i just want it to be working up to its full or at least half its capacity...its a great device... great dual camaras... yet no real videochat unless everybody else has a pb, great web browser yet im still stuck to viewing certain websites on mobile sites, great gaming platform yet no serious games.... i read a lot a of pdfs yet there is no tabs, search and many things to make my 100 +document reading any easier.... i definetly knew playbook didn t have all these things on release but after a three month wait i would really apreciate at least knowing when to expect things and what to expect.....
    Matt J likes this.
    07-13-11 12:48 AM
    No news from RIM and they are having serious deadline issues (and yes they have had issues with deadlines) but i still have yet to see any company give an exact date on when certain things will happen. Look you have to give it some time, i know it may be hard to deal with and you may feel like you have wasted your money. But just because you spend your money on a product does not mean that company owes you or anybody exact dates on whats to come. Get mad we all may and quite frankly i have been upset with certain things but it still will not change the outcome.

If they gave everyone what they wanted when they wanted it these exact same threads would be posted with just a little different title, and the topic would be how they should have waited. I feel your anger on the issues but really what can you do besides take the product back, sale it and move on, but then that leads me to question if you did your research, cause i knew what I was buying and i also knew that nothing was going to happen overnight. So why stress about it and things that have never been relayed to anyone (like real dates) beside speculation
    Yeah chill and watch a movie on the thing until it gets updated.
    .People are truly psycho in here. Sell it and move on, don't ruin everyone's day with the pathetic whimpering. It's put me in a pissy mood, I just come in here for tips and optimism and every day I have to read the same whiny crybaby BS>. It's endless.
    shawnOST likes this.
    07-13-11 12:49 AM
    Oh my god blackjack! You are all over this forum. Borderline psycho yourself I'd say. Seems as if you are here to hand out the tips, not to find them. We all know the PB is the pimp of the tablets, so lets move on to more productive activities to occupy our down time. I think what hambolino is trying to say is that if we order a pizza for delivery, were much more content if the pizza shop tells us its going to be an hour or even more before our order arrives. Then were not watching the clock after a half hour and looking out the window every 30 seconds for the delivery driver. We'll know when and what to expect. I agree RIM needs to get it together a.s.a.p before the competition takes a larger share of what the QNX OS could have easily cornered with its dominate flexibility. In my eyes it is a superior product and with better marketing could have sold at least double the units it has. Thats o.k. though, I enjoy being the guy with the shiny new badass tablet that glosses my friends and co-workers eyes over with envy.

I have a few gripes myself, but I'm not about to post them here. It's becoming a lot less like a COMMUNITY here every passing day. I just read all 6 pages of the "Jim said 60 days" thread. Wow!!! That is enough to put you in a pissy mood! Let's move on people. We all knew what to expect when we purchased BlackBerry devices. Playbooks included. Can't we fill these pages with more tips, work arounds and positive news instead? Just sayin.......
    Last edited by erhan8; 07-13-11 at 02:24 AM.
    07-13-11 02:22 AM
    Oh my god blackjack! You are all over this forum. Borderline psycho yourself I'd say. Seems as if you are here to hand out the tips, not to find them. We all know the PB is the pimp of the tablets, so lets move on to more productive activities to occupy our down time. I think what hambolino is trying to say is that if we order a pizza for delivery, were much more content if the pizza shop tells us its going to be an hour or even more before our order arrives. Then were not watching the clock after a half hour and looking out the window every 30 seconds for the delivery driver. We'll know when and what to expect. I agree RIM needs to get it together a.s.a.p before the competition takes a larger share of what the QNX OS could have easily cornered with its dominate flexibility. In my eyes it is a superior product and with better marketing could have sold at least double the units it has. Thats o.k. though, I enjoy being the guy with the shiny new badass tablet that glosses my friends and co-workers eyes over with envy.

I have a few gripes myself, but I'm not about to post them here. It's becoming a lot less like a COMMUNITY here every passing day. I just read all 6 pages of the "Jim said 60 days" thread. Wow!!! That is enough to put you in a pissy mood! Let's move on people. We all knew what to expect when we purchased BlackBerry devices. Playbooks included. Can't we fill these pages with more tips, work arounds and positive news instead? Just sayin.......
    I completely agree - all of the 60 day native email gripes have made me completely psycho - I'm headed for crackberry rehab for a while. I hope when I come back the apple and droid trolls have sold their playbooks, stopped complaining about them, stopped expecting them to be something they are not, and gone away, so we can all go on to more positive constructive threads.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-13-11 at 02:38 AM.
    07-13-11 02:35 AM
    I think what hambolino is trying to say is that if we order a pizza for delivery, were much more content if the pizza shop tells us its going to be an hour or even more before our order arrives. Then were not watching the clock after a half hour and looking out the window every 30 seconds for the delivery driver. We'll know when and what to expect.
    Totally Agree

We all knew what to expect when we purchased BlackBerry devices. Playbooks included. Can't we fill these pages with more tips, work arounds and positive news instead? Just sayin.......
    We all knew (we'll most of us) that email was scheduled for 60 days. Fail!
    We all saw the Android App Player demoed. Fail!
    We all saw the cool Apps from TAT on YouTube. Fail!
    We all saw the great specs expecting decent games. Fail!
    We all were shown an Icon of Skype and other great Apps shown on stage. Fail!

The list goes on.

Yes, I still like the PlayBook for its portability, its browser, the ability to use the Bridge Browser (saves money), but that's it.

We've all been playing with the same feature set for 3 months now. Their is no work around, their are no tips and the positive news is yet to come.

I went to Harvey Norman (the Australian retailer for the PB) tonight, they had several tablets, the sales guy said he hadn't sold one. Mind you, the display was compressed to half the screen size so I did a power - + reset and get it back on demo. No accessories, No marketing, they make Best Buy look like Genius's!

I don't want a two horse race Rim. The more I think about it the more I see it happening. Andriod or iOS.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 07-13-11 at 04:25 AM.
    Hup55 likes this.
    07-13-11 03:27 AM

Tips and works around would be good.

But to have good news posted RIM must generate it and they have been unable to do so the past 6 months.

Yesterdays stock holder meeting generated very little in what folks wanted to here and much they did not.

I tire of the bad news or lack of good news. But I understand that RIM is the reason for this and not the people posting it.

RIM (Mike and Jim) still don't get it.

Tim

Tim
    07-13-11 08:32 AM
    Sounds like you're going to get an enhanced demo mode! I bet that makes so many happy now.
    07-13-11 08:48 AM
    I do love my playbook, and i have been with RIM and blackberry for several years now. In that time i have seen RIM repeat the same thing over and over, REALLY build up their devices with 100's of great features and possibilities just to fall short at launch and soon after launch. However, they have always pulled through in the end to make some of the greatest devices out there.

I mean, the playbook has been out for less then a year and developers, engineers (RIM), and others are still getting use to it. Look how many of us bought the latest greatest phones on release to gripe and complain for the first several months to only later on tell everyone how great they are! I do wish RIM would give some type of a "estimate" for updates, maybe not a release date that they would considered a promise, but at least give a quarter. I also wish they would give a better list of what they are/will be update not just general sentences.

This is just my 2 cents on the matter take it for what it's worth. :-)
    advcomputer likes this.
    07-13-11 09:08 AM
    Whatever .....I'm just happy with my playbook> I suppose I will be shanghaied for that.
    People Chill!!!! This device is awsome so far the way it is. Everyone who bought this device knew that the playbook is a work in progress! I was happy when the bridge browser was fixed! The rest of the stuff you all are griping about will just add to an already awsome tablet. I suspect when all the updates are done some of you will still be griping about what the playbook is lacking. Looks like RIM is going through a bit of a transition period, so take a deep breath and enjoy what you have right now, its only a tablet so don't stress about something you have no control over.
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    07-13-11 09:10 AM
    General panic and mutiny at RIM I suspect.
    Contrary to popular belief, RIM is not a pirate ship. I know, I know, it was a childhood dream of mine too, but sometimes these things just don't work out.
    07-13-11 09:11 AM
    Blackberry is the new pager and will soon be I obsolete
    07-13-11 09:32 AM
    perhaps RIM don't want to give us something that even them are not sure if they can deliver... so, I guess, being "silence" would be a better choice...

yeah, it's true, we bought this playbook on this status quo, but with "high hopes" since we are looking forward to promises... and that is the thing that we are asking for... if RIM said that it will take them a year to complete the playbook or becoming useful based on their promises, a lot of us would probably consider buying another tablet than wait for a year... l believe there is nothing wrong for expressing disappointment while waiting...
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 07-13-11 at 09:56 AM.
    07-13-11 09:49 AM
    I think what hambolino is trying to say is that if we order a pizza for delivery, were much more content if the pizza shop tells us its going to be an hour or even more before our order arrives. Then were not watching the clock after a half hour and looking out the window every 30 seconds for the delivery driver. We'll know when and what to expect.
    I will agree with this statement, but in the tech world there is no way a company will ever or should give an exact time and date or you will have much of whats going on, people losing there mind about what someone said. To put this in another way using your example, there no longer any guarantee's, even the pizza companies no longer guarantee your pizza 30 min or less, so why should your tech company do the same.
    07-13-11 01:23 PM
    Yeah chill and watch a movie on the thing until it gets updated.
    .People are truly psycho in here. Sell it and move on, don't ruin everyone's day with the pathetic whimpering. It's put me in a pissy mood, I just come in here for tips and optimism and every day I have to read the same whiny crybaby BS>. It's endless.
    Why do YOU chose to ruin YOUR day by reading these "whimpering" posts, and responding to them?

Why don't you just ignore them, and move right along?

I have noticed that you respond to every post that you term "whimpering", and are really in the habit of drawing out an argument.

Why don't you just do yourself and everyone else a favor by ignoring such "whimpering" posts. You do know that you are not obligated to read every post/thread, right?

Just saying
    07-13-11 02:18 PM
    I completely agree - all of the 60 day native email gripes have made me completely psycho - I'm headed for crackberry rehab for a while. I hope when I come back the apple and droid trolls have sold their playbooks, stopped complaining about them, stopped expecting them to be something they are not, and gone away, so we can all go on to more positive constructive threads.
    Been there. Just embrace it. Rehab is for quitters. Being an owner of a Storm and Storm2 since release dates, I've come to terms with the waiting and the failures of RIM and other companies to make good on their promises. I eventually decided that any news about the devices I owned was worth a grain of salt. Understand that BB Apps were more difficult than most to develop and taking the easy route is what most do best. As a result BB owners get left behind and most developers build for inferior operating systems.
    I have faith that most of our wishes will be fulfilled eventually and have to confess I regularly check app world myself for the latest and greatest. I keep telling myself if it takes this long then it will probably be worth the wait. I don't expect my BB's to be anything more than what they are. I'm happy with what I have and what they do for me, in all of their raw glory.
    07-13-11 06:10 PM
    I will agree with this statement, but in the tech world there is no way a company will ever or should give an exact time and date or you will have much of whats going on, people losing there mind about what someone said. To put this in another way using your example, there no longer any guarantee's, even the pizza companies no longer guarantee your pizza 30 min or less, so why should your tech company do the same.
    I am a tech, and in my world we guarantee a 4 hour response time and resolution of the customers issue(s) shortly there after. Be it a software or hardware issue, I arrive with the tools and knowledge needed to fix the problem. As should anybody in the industry. A large part of the fix is usually making the customer comfortable by knowing you are working to resolve their problems. More often than not a time line is helpful.
    07-13-11 06:25 PM
    I'm thinking I must be a true Blackberry fanboy at heart cause I'm loving the Playbook as it sits right now. It has replaced my work laptop around 90% and has completely replaced my ipod touch. Once the updates come and add more capability to this little gem it will be nothing more than gravy for me.

I've been an early adopter of a lot of technology and when something new comes out you need to be patient. I've always taken the stance of buying a new product if it can fulfill my needs at that time, not based on some future update or software upgrade rumors.

I had a few little glitches with my playbook and thanks to some of the regulars here she performs like she should and I'm a very happy Playbook owner!
    Sirhill and erhan8 like this.
    07-13-11 07:06 PM
    I am a tech, and in my world we guarantee a 4 hour response time and resolution of the customers issue(s) shortly there after. Be it a software or hardware issue, I arrive with the tools and knowledge needed to fix the problem. As should anybody in the industry. A large part of the fix is usually making the customer comfortable by knowing you are working to resolve their problems. More often than not a time line is helpful.
    Ok on that note yes, but that is a different story, your providing a direct service. What your company guarantees is not a response time its a time block on when you may be there, pretty much the same as when RIM says PIM features will be out in the summer. The thing that most people leave out it is they also say that they are working to get this to their customers as fast as they can.

So when we look at this again your company gives a time block of four hours (when ever you get there is fine because they have been told), Rim says summer ( a time block of 3-3 1/2 months, depending on where you live). You fix the issue according to the issue the customer is having, RIM is not fixing an issue but adding a feature, they gave everyone a time line (summer), they have said that they are working on it, and have said they will have it ready by the earlier mentioned time line.

So like i said before there is no real guarantee that you will be there, either early or later in that block of time, just that you will be there. If i get impatient and decide to leave before you get arrive than I'm the one losing. This is the same thing when it comes to the PIM features. Either you are going to be patient and let RIM get the job done or your going to be that person that gets up and leaves (in this case cry about what Jim said after the block of time had already been told).
    Last edited by Sirhil; 07-13-11 at 08:28 PM.
    07-13-11 08:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD