Or, if you really want to take a trip back in time, check out IBM's "OS/2 for Windows" circa 1995 - though I'm not sure I'd want to associate RIM's OS 2.xx with Big Blue's botched effort to snatch the PC OS market back from arch-rival Microsoft.

RCK
    How about Microsoft Bob?
    07-12-12 07:23 PM
    You'd need to find the newer version in the appropriate bar form and sideload it. I don't think you can upgrade directly on the pb unless the app was offered in appworld initially.
    So ill lose all my saved data,right?

Damn
    07-13-12 05:03 AM
    So ill lose all my saved data,right?

Damn
    I can't answer that question. The only game I've used has been word with friends and I believe that saves its data online in some profile.
    07-13-12 09:05 AM
    IMO, Android runtime is what makes it worth owning a PB. I can read my Kindle books anywhere, without a Kindle or i-device, I can load Dosbox and play the games I liked back in the 90s, and I can play PSX and Super Nintendo games.

Can only imagine the very limited experience folks have without Android runtime.
    07-13-12 09:19 AM
    Does anyone know how many Android apps are available in App Word (I know they aren't labelled as such). I have the impression that the Android apps are a smallish minority (less than 25%?) of app, whereas Jim Ballsillie spoke of 'tonnage' when he first discussed the Android player. It hasn't fulfilled the promise. Is there reason for more hope with BB10 (e.g. with the app player of PB OS 2.1 at the minimum, helping to improve the experience and RIM engaging with more developers to re-compile for App World)?
    07-13-12 09:46 AM
    Haven't gone to App World for any but one Android app: Doxbox. The rest I found by just looking around the forums.
    07-13-12 10:16 AM
    Does anyone know how many Android apps are available in App Word (I know they aren't labelled as such). I have the impression that the Android apps are a smallish minority (less than 25%?) of app, whereas Jim Ballsillie spoke of 'tonnage' when he first discussed the Android player. It hasn't fulfilled the promise. Is there reason for more hope with BB10 (e.g. with the app player of PB OS 2.1 at the minimum, helping to improve the experience and RIM engaging with more developers to re-compile for App World)?
    One reason is some developers haven't bothered to check. The runtime is based on Gingerbread, Android 2.3.3. The majority of all android apps are available on 2.1 to 2.3. Now some use core services like "Accounts" Here's my explanation of what "Accounts" are.

Read Post 8

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...6-help-734643/

Essentially Android apps that don't use native code and are 2.3.3 compatible will work. As well as don't access hardware components such as Bluetooth etc.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    07-13-12 11:47 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD