Checking the App World I came across three Weather apps I am considering downloading: WeatherEye HD, Weather Sense and Weather Trax. Which do you prefer and why?
    10-19-12 03:08 PM
    Probably should be asked in the Apps subforum but I use the one that came with it but prefer BerryWeather on my bbphone (not the version for the pb!). Let's see what others say....
    10-19-12 04:10 PM
    Using the default one by lack of time to find better -there are really lots of them. So, I'll definitely be interested by the results of thi thread
    rexrim likes this.
    10-19-12 04:29 PM
    Sorry about posting it here. Moderator, please move it to the App Section. Thanks.
    10-19-12 04:35 PM
    I use Weather Eye HD, it's not too bad. I also sideloaded AccuWeather, because I liked the design of it. I use both equally.
    khans182000 and madman0141 like this.
    10-19-12 04:35 PM
    I use BeWeather on my 9930. It is accurate most of the time and the graphics look great on the icon and in the app!

I have tried a couple others like Accuweather, Weather Trax, Weather Bug Elite, and The Weather Channel, but all of those apps to me are missing something. For example, updating automatically when you move locations. It is a hassle to always have to open the app and update manually...

So overall I think BeWeather is the best weather app in my opinion!
    10-19-12 04:46 PM
    WeatherEye.
    10-19-12 05:16 PM
    What is your favorite Weather app and why?-img_00000266.jpgI use animated weather hd from appworld and i also have a android app of the same name but its a different app. Both are awesome Imo.

They both work with bridge too. What is your favorite Weather app and why?-img_00000265.jpg
    rexrim likes this.
    10-19-12 07:15 PM
    I use beweather on both my phone and playbook. Works like a charm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-12 07:27 PM
    I patiently surf within Accuweather to find the active radar centered about where I
    live in Texas and then use the green + option to save it as a launcher. Works
    extremely well for Texas. Same for my 9850 Torch and Jonathan Fisher
    launchers. Doc Neutron
    10-19-12 09:26 PM
    I use weathereye. Not all the apps work as well, depending on where you are. I tried beweather on my phone but found the temp was always a bit off compared to weathereye and reality, but then I'm located a couple of hours north of Toronto.
    10-19-12 09:56 PM
    I use Weather Eye HD and The Weather Network.
    10-19-12 10:02 PM
    My window cause it's always up to date.
    10-19-12 10:35 PM
    Animated weather HD by Anrei Avram is undoubtedly the best, most highly polished weather app for Playbook! Check out the review on Crackberry.
    10-19-12 10:36 PM
    Weather Eye HD and The Weather Network as well.
    10-19-12 10:57 PM
    Animated weather HD by Anrei Avram is undoubtedly the best, most highly polished weather app for Playbook! Check out the review on Crackberry.
    And it appears to be on sale although I don't know what the normal price is.
    10-19-12 11:30 PM
    As a Canuck I use the gov't website and bookmark my City.
    Weather - Environment Canada
    I've currently installed or tried most of those apps and always end up using the above site for forecast, radar, lightning and satellite.
    10-20-12 05:01 AM
    I've tried a few but they end up on the uninstall list soon enough. Here in the continental USA there is only one thing you need for weather forecasting: NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar Image: Full Resolution Loop
    10-20-12 05:27 AM
    I have Animated Weather HD + Voice, WeatherSense Free and WeatherSense Seasons. I use weathersense often. Love the clean and vintage feel while it gives the reader enough info about the weather. WeatherSense freehas 4-day forecast but lacks seasons skins and animation while WeatherSense Seasons is the opposite.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-20-12 09:52 PM
    I've bookmarked the 'Environment Canada' mobile version simple, fast, informative, & Canadian !!

Weather - Mobile - Environment Canada
    10-20-12 10:39 PM
    I've tried a few but they end up on the uninstall list soon enough. Here in the continental USA there is only one thing you need for weather forecasting: NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar Image: Full Resolution Loop
    _______

Checked out the link. I am disappointed in that all it shows is the radar screen and hard to read colored temperature scale. Besides, it has no 4-7 day forecast, precipitation, etc. Looks like Animated Weather HD offers a lot more.
    10-22-12 01:24 AM
    _______

Checked out the link. I am disappointed in that all it shows is the radar screen and hard to read colored temperature scale. Besides, it has no 4-7 day forecast, precipitation, etc. Looks like Animated Weather HD offers a lot more.
    While not addressing any particular Weather app, in many cases, this is an example of where an app is better than a browser link. An app can show a slew of information on one screen, temp, humidity, radar, wind, etc. Generally most links to weather will show some info on a location with additional links needed to show all of the info. Yes, a user can cruise between links to get an entire picture of what's happening but a well-designed app can put it all in one neat package.
    10-22-12 08:44 AM
    As a follow up to my post on my first selection, Weather Map with Google. Turns out it disappointed me because it is just a map of a specific area selected with temperatures superimposed on it. No radar, no 4-7 day forecast, etc. So I am going to get Animated Weather for $2.99 (17 Mb). BeWeather may have more features, cost more and has 70+ Mb file size, but Animated Weather should do for me.
    10-22-12 05:31 PM
    I use new app called WeatherSense Hd. It looks really cool and it does what it is supposed to....provide accurate weather information.
    10-22-12 05:39 PM
    Environment Canada's radar page for Toronto. I don't want to know what the weather is going to be, I want to know what the weather IS and in what direction it's heading. I can then accurately predict for photography and kayaking.
    10-23-12 12:47 PM
32 12