Hi all,
    I have a 3 year old 16GB WIFI playbook that seems to be on its last leg. I just realized that there is no Podcast support anymore... I am not able to view text message anymore via a bridge to my Z30...and the web seems to crash more times than not.

The playbook also seems not to be able to open word documents via bridge.
    Do I needn't do a reboot or something?
    Help please!!!
    Last edited by The War; 01-09-14 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Mispelling
    01-09-14 12:05 AM
    I think you need a wipe. Can you still backup using BlackBerry DM or link? If you can, back it up and do a complete wipe and restore.
    The War likes this.
    01-09-14 12:24 AM
    Security wipe it yo
    The War likes this.
    01-09-14 12:25 AM
    Hi all,
    I have a 3 year old 16GB WIFI playbook that seems to be on its last leg. I just realized that there is no Podcast support anymore... I am not able to view text message anymore via a bridge to my Z30...and the web seems to crash more times than not.

The playbook also seems not to be able to open word documents via bridge.
    Do I needn't do a reboot or something?
    Help please!!!
    Not sure when the last time was that you used the pb and the 30 but the bridge function is nothing compared to legacy os and pb.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-09-14 12:27 AM
    Not sure when the last time was that you used the pb and the 30 but the bridge function is nothing compared to legacy os and pb.
    The updated bridge supports bbm and sms for bb10
    01-09-14 12:29 AM
    The updated bridge supports bbm and sms for bb10
    Still not the same as legacy os
    The War likes this.
    01-09-14 12:58 AM
    Try three finger reset first. Clean out browser cache. Try Origami browser.
    01-09-14 02:00 AM
    What exactly does Origami browser do? Everyone told me to use it cause its better, but I'm not sure what it does or doesn’t do that's better than the playbook browser.
    01-09-14 09:02 AM
    Thanks... I did the three finger reset but nothing happened. I have the new Bridge version, but still have the same issues. When trying to access text and BBM thru the Playbook, all I get is a white screen. I have backup the Playbook thru my computer. How do I reset to factory settings?
    Thanks!
    01-10-14 10:53 AM
    01-10-14 11:49 AM
    Thanks... I did the three finger reset but nothing happened. I have the new Bridge version, but still have the same issues. When trying to access text and BBM thru the Playbook, all I get is a white screen. I have backup the Playbook thru my computer. How do I reset to factory settings?
    Thanks!
    Options, security, wipe.
    Carl Estes and The War like this.
    01-10-14 11:49 AM
    Bridge is still hobbled, no longer as it was before. once fixed, then I give BB my money.

Until then, wallet is closed.

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-10-14 01:56 PM
    3 finger reset is unnecessary,,, you only need to hold the power & vol + buttons,,, that 3 finger thing doesn't do anything but knot up your fingers...

What exactly does Origami browser do? Everyone told me to use it cause its better, but I'm not sure what it does or doesn’t do that's better than the playbook browser.
    in my experience, they're both good for certain things,,, i use the native browser for bookmarks & origami for general surfing 'cuz it scrolls better...
    01-11-14 08:16 AM
    Bridge is still hobbled, no longer as it was before. once fixed, then I give BB my money.

Until then, wallet is closed.

c
    i just replied to a survey that i pretty much bashed them for exactly this...
    01-11-14 08:18 AM
    Hi
    I'm a newbie to this site and playbook!!
    I am struggling to 'tether' from my Q5 to the playbook!!
    I download applications from blackberry world and I can't open them!!
    I am really regretting buying this and I thought it would be as easy to use as my phone!!
    I can't find a manual that's really like an idiots guide and my internet provider gave me this sites name so they can't help!!
    Could somebody please please please please help me!!!
    01-11-14 11:16 AM
    Hi
    I'm a newbie to this site and playbook!!
    I am struggling to 'tether' from my Q5 to the playbook!!
    I download applications from blackberry world and I can't open them!!
    I am really regretting buying this and I thought it would be as easy to use as my phone!!
    I can't find a manual that's really like an idiots guide and my internet provider gave me this sites name so they can't help!!
    Could somebody please please please please help me!!!
    Maybe you should start a thread or search for your issue but are you trying to use the bridge app? What did you download? Who is your carrier? What country are you in?
    01-11-14 11:31 AM
    [QUOTE=SEAWARRIOR;9835865] 3 finger reset is unnecessary,,, you only need to hold the power & vol + buttons,,, that 3 finger thing doesn't do anything but knot up your fingers...

Guess my idea on the three finger approach dates back to the original Playbook setup. Still think there is a difference and the the three finger approach still does the same thing even tbough the functioning is a little different.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-playbook.html
    01-11-14 07:17 PM
    You can use the Help icon to find basic operating details for the PB. The manual is downloadable from the Knowledge base. Also the toolkit should be useful.

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.co...?lang=1&id=223
    Last edited by jpash549; 01-11-14 at 10:34 PM.
    01-11-14 07:59 PM
    Thanks everyone...I did a factory reset and everything seems fine again. Thankfully I backed up everything onto my computer on a weekly basis.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-14 05:59 PM