A FlyCast app for the PB would make my day. Have it on my phone, just wish it was available for the PB. I need my Howard Stern.
    12-18-11 10:11 PM
    Good idea. I personally would like a more versatile music player app, especially a 7+ band equalizer. A suggestion on the troll issue. An earlier thread on the subject was moved to site suggestions, but the recommendation was a method acceptable to the mods that took 3 simple steps: 1-Avoid all suspected troll and bait threads like the plague, don't read and don't reply. 2-Use the red triangle to alert the mods to a suspected post. 3- Help newbies to the PB forum become aware of the attempt to give troll posts a short life by following 1 & 2. As one poster commented, if we are diligent in avoiding troll and bait posts, they will move quickly to the back of the posts. This will help clean up the forums considerably, but only if we spread the word and the majority participates. We jokingly referred to it as the Troll Protocol Lol. Several have already commited to it. Please give it a go and see if we can clean the forum up. It will take restraint, but take the high road and stop being baited into the RIM bashing threads. I think it is practical and fair method. IMO
    100 percent agree
    12-18-11 10:11 PM
    I would like an app that would allow me to hand off my PB to my child without fear of her buying apps or changing settings. Something like a password protected partition that only allowed access to the apps I choose.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that sub-woofer idea.
    An app lock or file lock like I use on my 9930 would do that I think. I use iLocker Pro on the phone for the same reason you want one. I password protect any file or app I choose. I'm using File Shield on the PB for some apps but haven't tried locking each one individually. What apps do you want to lock and I'll try it and let you know.
    12-18-11 10:16 PM
    i just wanna say this thread is an awsome time for me to say that id love for a guitar recording app. i know it cant be since theres no input. that why id like for pb 2 to have an input.
    Actually I believe it does have an input on the headset jack - but probably monaural - the playbook dual stereo mics however are really not all that bad - perhaps notup to professional standards but not bad at all not bad at all...try the voice recorder.
    12-18-11 10:17 PM
    They need a "got to have" app. How iOS started the whole app craze on phones, and how Android had their Barcode Scanner (I remember that was the big thing back when Android first came out).
    12-18-11 10:24 PM
    I don't care who's name is on the app. I want great apps with great functionality.

I want high quality apps that don't 'think out of the box' but explode the box.

I HATE lag. If you're going to put a feature in an app make it lag free...!!!
    12-18-11 10:25 PM
    i just wanna say this thread is an awsome time for me to say that id love for a guitar recording app. i know it cant be since theres no input. that why id like for pb 2 to have an input.
    Couldn't it be done through a usb adapter once usb is supported in official OS2? Is the HDMI 2 way?
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-18-11 10:26 PM
    Couldn't it be done through a usb adapter once usb is supported in official OS2? Is the HDMI 2 way?
    That is a good question. I think the HDMI is out only, but I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
    12-18-11 10:30 PM
    That is a good question. I think the HDMI is out only, but I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
    I will correct you and say that you are right

An hdmi in requires an hdmi receiver - an HDMI out requires an HDMI transmitter - they can't share the same jack.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-18-11 at 10:42 PM.
    12-18-11 10:38 PM
    Let me mention my wishlist composed of os 6/7 & iOs apps

Neflix
    Songify
    Pandora
    Craigslist
    Twitter (with ability to accept follow requests)
    TV guide
    Banking (Regions, BOA, Chase)
    Getglu
    bb maps
    Patternlock
    google voice
    passwordkeeper
    Paypal
    ebay
    kindle
    ispeech tranlator (that works )
    bb protect

I think that sums up most...for now
    smasha132 and cmillette like this.
    12-18-11 10:42 PM
    There is no need to defend rim. State what you disagree with (the facts and your conclusion at best) and move on. No need to overhype or discredit the other person's opinion. The real issue is that people need to discredit. Just disagree and let it go before you get flustered and flame or make personal attacks etc.

Of course we want more apps, we have seen a hundred threads about netflix and it hasn't changed. I don't think thread requests here will be fruitful but maybe.
    12-18-11 10:43 PM
    an ebay and amazon app would be nice
    12-18-11 10:46 PM
    the only apps I wish I had on the PB are HBOgo and DirecTV. otherwise, there's nothing on the iPad that tempts me.
    12-18-11 10:49 PM
    I would like to see a TD bank app and some more EA games to.
    12-18-11 10:50 PM
    I don't need skype but surely there must be or should be a better alternative somewhere.
    Every experience I have had with skype in conference calling has been annoying , taking up to 20 minutes to get everyone on line and be able to hear everyone. We always end up turning off video for bandwidth and muting mics so everyone can hear.

The last I used it everyone's skype crashed when they answered the calls.
    I want something skype like but better for Christmas.

I also want teamviewer and a slicktasks app for playbook.
    12-18-11 10:53 PM
    Why would you need that when it's already loaded on the Browser? Am I missing something? Is it just so there's an app for that too?

I'd rather look at those two in the browser.. JMHO
    Yes, I see it on my PB already.
    12-18-11 10:54 PM
    A proper bridge to sms just like our current email, contacts, calendar. BB users would love this. And i already use the "current third party" sms bridge but it does not intgrate with my contacts as bridge email......thank you very much!!!
    frisco49ers and cleveland216 like this.
    12-18-11 11:00 PM
    I just checked my e-mail, and my Cox cable service tells me there's a free "ConnectTV app" available for the iPad where I can turn it (the iPad) into another TV screen and watch atleast 35 channels of cable tv for free. I fired off an e-mail threatening to cancel my service if they don't make it available for the Playbook as well; we will see what happens.

Oh, in response to the OP, I want a Cox Tv Connect app for the PB.
    rotorwrench and Lhendr like this.
    12-18-11 11:14 PM
    I just checked my e-mail, and my Cox cable service tells me there's a free "ConnectTV app" available for the iPad where I can turn it (the iPad) into another TV screen and watch atleast 35 channels of cable tv for free. I fired off an e-mail threatening to cancel my service if they don't make it available for the Playbook as well; we will see what happens.

Oh, in response to the OP, I want a Cox Tv Connect app for the PB.
    Try the Play on app, you can use the browser to watch a bunch of channels, but its not free.. I think its 20 dollars for the year right now while its on sale.

And BlackJack, have you tried looking into the Ephone app? I haven't had much time to look into it, but it seems like a promising communication app.. It also gives you a phone number people can call.
    12-18-11 11:26 PM
    If I may make a suggestion, big companies like Netflix, Hulu, Cisco, EA Sports, etc are going to make these decisions on real market research and direct talks/negotiations with RIM. A thread is not going to influence that process much.

But you have a much better shot influencing smaller developers. So maybe you could also include apps that smaller, independent developers can reasonably make. Maybe things with user contributed content (e.g. Instagram clone) or that use open APIs from Google, Amazon, Facebook, whatever.
    Silverlight if it was ported to playbook would mean Netflix support, as the website uses silverlight. So maybe that could be a solid way to get netflix via the browser.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-18-11 11:36 PM
    ^^^ I got a free trial of netflix for a month - watched all the episodes of Madmen and since they don't support playbook, I let it expire....how silly of them they need all the customers they can get. Or is it silly of RIM? They both need all the customers they can get.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-18-11 11:44 PM
    I have mixed emotions on the OS. In comparison to others, remember Win 3.11, how many years ago was that? How about that debacle called Win Me, or NT. 15 yrs of Windows and Mac OS and QNX should top them in 1yr, that would be heady for anyone. Perhaps RIM's mistake was even mentioning it until it was near release (phone OS)
    Unfortunately, depending on where you sit, somehow we got enticed into this $.99 app world. It certainly must make it hard to make money unless you are selling a lot of copies, even a couple of guys making a good app would need to sell 300-400 per day to make the same as going to work for someone. That seems like a serious amount of sales to me.O
    To work into my lifestyle completion of the current apps would satisfy 90% of my requirements. Add in a good Point of Sale app so I can do tradeshow transactions.
    I don't really understand all of the "app" hype, at least on a tablet. An example is a Paypal app. What would a paypal "app" do on a tablet that the browser could not? I have not searched but I have not heard of Paypal and ebay apps for my Windows laptop.
    recompile and frisco49ers like this.
    12-18-11 11:59 PM
    ^^^ I got a free trial of netflix for a month - watched all the episodes of Madmen and since they don't support playbook, I let it expire....how silly of them they need all the customers they can get. Or is it silly of RIM? They both need all the customers they can get.
    Yes, it does work from both directions. You'd think Netflix, Amazon Kindle, and the other media providers would have teams constantly looking for new platforms to cover. But, RIM needed them more than they needed RIM and should have been working harder to make it happen Can't be that hard. HP made it happen with the Touchpad and Web OS--Kindle and most basic media functionality seemed to be available as soon as it hit the streets. BTW, Amazon streaming will work on the Playbook, and Amazon Prime, while not as good as Netflix, does give you a lot of their movies and TV shows.
    12-19-11 02:52 AM
    For me, my Top App request would be a hand-writing recognition App, integrated into the OS so you could write instead of typing in any app that required keyboard input.

I use Caligrapher by Phatware on my elderly iPAQ all the time - and it's awesome! Fast and accurate. I notice that PhatWare do something called WritePad for Android, so I might be in luck when OS2 comes around.

Another App I'd like to see is SPB Finance. It's the best App I've seen for keeping track of your cash, credit cards, and bank accounts - and I've tried several. SPB Finance is pretty much the sole reason I still carry my iPAQ these days, and I'd love to see a port for the PB.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-19-11 at 04:06 AM.
    ibalester and cleveland216 like this.
    12-19-11 04:01 AM
    I'll add my personal quest : DLNA full support (client/server/remote). I'd love to watch my Full HD movies over my huge Full HD TV set without any wire ... and watch a movie from my home media server while kids or wife is watching crap on TV
    12-19-11 04:18 AM
145 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD