I want to start by saying that RIM makes great products and has a great OS to build on with QNX. I for one look forward to the future. So it has short comings, every OS started out very basic and matured over time. It is as well unfair that we should expect RIM to have everything out so fast, how long was Android, iOS, and WP7 developed before it hit the market? Now how long was the Playbook OS developed (which was never really given a name as far as I know) before it was released?

Now, we want to have some things for the Playbook (and the future OS, BlackBerry 10), such as an email client, autocorrect, etc. RIM will get these things done, I am not worried about that, it might take time, but it will happen. Now RIM seems to not be focused on content for whatever reason (like no support for the browser working with Netflix or a Netflix app) so I am going to take it on myself to get these things.

I am going to start a series, if people could please post some things they would like to see brought to the Playbook OS (which will support the future phones as well), please post a civilized post. If you see a request for something that you want as well, please like or thank that post/poster.

I would like to ask a Crackberry moderator to help keep this thread clean, thank you.

I just want to add we need to make it known to these developers and content providers that we want it as well. And if anyone says that it can't be done, it is that kind of attitude that makes it not happen.

Gladly typed on my Playbook (beta OS) using the capatalize option and the backspace to fix errors.

First thread I'm going to start is Netflix.
    Last edited by Adam Zeis; 12-20-11 at 02:27 PM. Reason: content edited
    12-18-11 07:10 PM
    Slingbox.......
    12-18-11 07:15 PM
    RSA SecurID
    12-18-11 07:17 PM
    If I may make a suggestion, big companies like Netflix, Hulu, Cisco, EA Sports, etc are going to make these decisions on real market research and direct talks/negotiations with RIM. A thread is not going to influence that process much.

But you have a much better shot influencing smaller developers. So maybe you could also include apps that smaller, independent developers can reasonably make. Maybe things with user contributed content (e.g. Instagram clone) or that use open APIs from Google, Amazon, Facebook, whatever.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 12-18-11 at 07:38 PM.
    12-18-11 07:30 PM
    A Pandora app would be nice. Would love to see an app that would allow for Bridging across all phone platforms.

Oh, and one more thing, and I hope this isn't a bit too much, but do you think adding a sub-woofer to the PB would be a problem?

Great thread idea, btw.
    12-18-11 07:32 PM
    I wish there was skype for the PB, as I need to use a stationary PC for that. I use skype all the time to stay in contact with my family in Europe. The PB has a well functioning video chat, but is useless unless everybody you know has a PB as well. Or at least an app that can cross link platforms like IM+
    12-18-11 07:34 PM
    I would suggest a little less drama in the title.

-Repligo reader for pdf.
    -djvu reader.
    -East Asian IME.
    -Offline dictionary.
    -A respectable chess app. The only one available is embarrassing. Similarly high quality go/sudoku/scrabble and other games.
    Last edited by loneweasel; 12-18-11 at 07:45 PM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-18-11 07:42 PM
    I would like an app that would allow me to hand off my PB to my child without fear of her buying apps or changing settings. Something like a password protected partition that only allowed access to the apps I choose.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that sub-woofer idea.
    12-18-11 07:55 PM
    I would like Photobucket and banking apps (Bank of America for me).
    12-18-11 08:00 PM
    A Pandora app would be nice. Would love to see an app that would allow for Bridging across all phone platforms.

Oh, and one more thing, and I hope this isn't a bit too much, but do you think adding a sub-woofer to the PB would be a problem?

Great thread idea, btw.
    Big ups on the subwoofer! Might be a bit of an issue constructing the box for it, though!

I don't know how feasible this is, but I would like to see EQ controls for the media player.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 12-18-11 at 08:04 PM.
    12-18-11 08:02 PM
    Don't forget to rate this thread...I gave it cinco estrellas. Oh, and ignore any and all trollery; this thread has great potential.
    12-18-11 08:08 PM
    I would like an app that would allow me to hand off my PB to my child without fear of her buying apps or changing settings. Something like a password protected partition that only allowed access to the apps I choose.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that sub-woofer idea.
    I think when OS 2.0 drops, we'll be able to connect to bluetooth headphones/speakers. There are some decent bluetooth speakers currently on the market, with Logitech on the affordable side and Bose on the far opposite end. The Bose ones are amazing though :s.
    12-18-11 08:09 PM
    airvideo. server already runs on mac and windoze so all we need is the client. ill help if it makez a difference.
    12-18-11 08:38 PM
    All I want for Christmas is a smooth easy running OS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE ELSE
    12-18-11 08:42 PM
    All I want for Christmas is a smooth easy running OS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE ELSE
    L'Chaim to you too good sir.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-18-11 08:45 PM

Great thread idea, btw.
    I think they could if they made a usb version of the "make a speaker out of anything hollow" devices that are showing up everywhere this Christmas...
    12-18-11 08:49 PM
    I would like a multiple IM app that doesn't time out when it is not the focus with notifications.
    ibalester and anon3969612 like this.
    12-18-11 08:57 PM
    Netflix yay!
    12-18-11 09:17 PM
    my wishlist:
    hulu
    netflix
    twitter
    goodreader
    xm radio
    spotify
    12-18-11 09:26 PM
    Angry Farm please.
    cmillette likes this.
    12-18-11 09:33 PM
    I wish there was skype for the PB, as I need to use a stationary PC for that. I use skype all the time to stay in contact with my family in Europe. The PB has a well functioning video chat, but is useless unless everybody you know has a PB as well. Or at least an app that can cross link platforms like IM+
    Check out Reelportal app. They also have an app for Android, iOS and works on PCs too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-11 09:43 PM
    my wishlist:
    hulu
    netflix
    twitter
    goodreader
    xm radio
    spotify
    Twitter is here now, and an even more capable app called BLAQ for twitter. I hope some of the other requested apps on this thread are available through the Android app. Based on what I've read in the forums, apps ported over for use on PB with the Android player run very well. As the beta matures I expect the operation of the Android app to mature as well. Android brings a large universe of apps without the walls imposed by apple. Android apps on a solid reliable RIM hardware without the apple walls is a very compelling combination.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-18-11 09:50 PM
    Good idea. I personally would like a more versatile music player app, especially a 7+ band equalizer. A suggestion on the troll issue. An earlier thread on the subject was moved to site suggestions, but the recommendation was a method acceptable to the mods that took 3 simple steps: 1-Avoid all suspected troll and bait threads like the plague, don't read and don't reply. 2-Use the red triangle to alert the mods to a suspected post. 3- Help newbies to the PB forum become aware of the attempt to give troll posts a short life by following 1 & 2. As one poster commented, if we are diligent in avoiding troll and bait posts, they will move quickly to the back of the posts. This will help clean up the forums considerably, but only if we spread the word and the majority participates. We jokingly referred to it as the Troll Protocol Lol. Several have already commited to it. Please give it a go and see if we can clean the forum up. It will take restraint, but take the high road and stop being baited into the RIM bashing threads. I think it is practical and fair method. IMO
    Lhendr, newcollector, bbvj and 1 others like this.
    12-18-11 09:54 PM
    If I may make a suggestion, big companies like Netflix, Hulu, Cisco, EA Sports, etc are going to make these decisions on real market research and direct talks/negotiations with RIM. A thread is not going to influence that process much.

But you have a much better shot influencing smaller developers. So maybe you could also include apps that smaller, independent developers can reasonably make. Maybe things with user contributed content (e.g. Instagram clone) or that use open APIs from Google, Amazon, Facebook, whatever.
    This is free market research for them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...etflix-679835/

Instead of derailing an effort like this, think of ways to make it improve, for example direct other Playbook users to these threads to get their input.

As for direct talks/negotiations, I'm willing to be the person that gets it to happen. So what if I don't have a position within RIM (yet, lol), doesn't stop me from being a paying customer that can make demands or take my hard earned money some where else.

If RIM isn't going to go to bat for us, then someone has to.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-18-11 09:56 PM
    i just wanna say this thread is an awsome time for me to say that id love for a guitar recording app. i know it cant be since theres no input. that why id like for pb 2 to have an input.
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-18-11 10:08 PM
145 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD