it won't work, most of the time, recently. it will load google, it will let me do a search, but when I click on a link it just ignores me.

other wifi apps work. free simple and stupid browser works. that cactus browser works, it's just the native browser that won't work lately.

I've closed the browser, I've restarted the playbook and then when it restarts, the everloving browser might get me to one page, but that's it.

i'm on the current release of the os. I just don't know what's up.
    07-12-12 01:31 PM
    You might try clearing the Cache and cookies. Open the browser, go to Settings , Privacy/Security and clear the cache and cookies.

content: Load images, Enable Flash and Java ALL on.

I hope this helps you out.

C
    newbiee and geezelouise like this.
    07-12-12 02:57 PM
    I had the same problem the other day. Only Google and Craigslist would load. I did a security wipe to solve the problem.
    geezelouise likes this.
    07-12-12 03:18 PM
    I had the same problem the other day. Only Google and Craigslist would load. I did a security wipe to solve the problem.
    Did you try my suggestions to the OP above to see if that helped you before you did the Security Wipe?

Then if clearing cache/cookies and java/flash etc. were on, then I would do a Reboot. If that doesn't fix the issue, the Hard Reset would be the next logical step to do and see what happens BEFORE the Security Wipe.

Incremental steps.

I would do the Security Wipe as a last resort. Just looking for another data point. That way the OP doesn't have to reload/reorganize things back to the way they had ther PB set up.

My 2 nickels (due to inflation these days).

C
    geezelouise likes this.
    07-12-12 03:48 PM
    I've cleared all the cache/cookies/history/everything and restarted. same stuff. it's so irritating because it will load google and I can do a search and results will appear. but if I try to click on any of the links, the progress bar goes to about half and then disappears and nothing happens. none of my bookmarked pages work either. the reddit home page might load, but that's it.

i'm trying to do a hard reset now, though I have to say that i'm not sure if i'm doing it right as the buttons are hard to press all at the same time.

i'm just going to do the security wipe.
    07-12-12 04:05 PM
    try restarting ur internet router? like turn it off, wait for awhile, turn it back on? and also try turning off your Wi-Fi on the playbook.. and then wait.. and then turn it back... and when everything is connected again, try your browser.. don't know if this will work, but you could try
    geezelouise likes this.
    07-12-12 04:11 PM
    I forgot that one! Opps.

C
    geezelouise likes this.
    07-12-12 04:17 PM
    I'll try those suggestions with the router and will-first next time. I did the whole reset business and am back, in business. Typing on my playbook right now. Yay, listening to him-first while using with-first.
    07-12-12 04:47 PM
    Oh... Fine then. Have it your way, playbook. I forgot that it likes to put words in my mouth. Wifi and hifi. By the way.
    07-12-12 04:49 PM
    Did you try my suggestions to the OP above to see if that helped you before you did the Security Wipe?

Then if clearing cache/cookies and java/flash etc. were on, then I would do a Reboot. If that doesn't fix the issue, the Hard Reset would be the next logical step to do and see what happens BEFORE the Security Wipe.

Incremental steps.

I would do the Security Wipe as a last resort. Just looking for another data point. That way the OP doesn't have to reload/reorganize things back to the way they had ther PB set up.

My 2 nickels (due to inflation these days).

C
    Yes, I tried other things. With the browser open, swiped down and clicked on settings and cleared all. Reset my wifi router. Reset the cable router. Restart. Volume +, volume - and power. Clear all again. Went to Starbuck to try there. Restart. Nothing worked.

All the time, all other internet connected devices were Web browsing fine.
    07-12-12 06:52 PM
    I'll try those suggestions with the router and will-first next time. I did the whole reset business and am back, in business. Typing on my playbook right now. Yay, listening to him-first while using with-first.
    Good to hear. Sorry, I forgot the router reset step. Looks like that was the culprit?

Just remember to go in incremental steps if it raises it's ugly head again.

Doing a Security wipe "can" be a pain to reload reset and reorganize your PR the way you had it setup the way you love it.

Again, good to hear!

C
    07-13-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD